Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:46 PM
Maxime 737NG
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Rebecq
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
Discussion
Belt CP CX or Art tech Hugues 300 ?

Hello,

I'm looking for a new 6ch scale heli. I'm interested in the Belt CP CX at 219euro but I just found the Art tech Hugues 300, which is for 5 days now 150euro in stead of 300euro

They both look very nice and good quality. Does anybody have experience with one of this models ?

I just got a DX8 from spektrum, do you know if I can use it for any of these models ? Or do you know a good 6ch scale heli to be used with my DX8 ?

Thank you,

Maxime.
Themax222 is offline Find More Posts by Themax222
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
The Art Tech Hughes uses mechanical pitch control, and it's frame design is very detailed and scale-like. That contributes to a lot of weight and less than average durability and reliability. If you're beyond the frequent crashing stage, it's probably OK. Otherwise, you may want to pass. The Belt CPX is not bad as RTF helis go. In any case, you would need to replace receivers to use your DX8. You might consider building an HK450 clone and adding your own scale fuselage.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:25 PM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
Hello and thanks for your help

I'm not a fan of kits and prefer a fully assembled or something like nearly fully assembled to be sure of the result...

As I'm not a pro yet in helicopters I prefer something straight out of the box, setting up all settings in transmitter and fly.

I still have an AR600 6ch here. Would it be possible to fit it to use all features of the cp cx ?

Thank you,

Maxime.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 02:06 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
An AR6xxx receiver should work fine. You may want to upgrade the gyro, though it's not an immediate need.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 04:30 PM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
Hmm, I still can't make a choice

The hughes has a smaller rotor diameter but is longer and weights 150g less than the cp cx.

I heard the electronics are bad on the cp cx. Does the hughes has good electronics ?

Hughes : http://www.bananahobby.com/1531.html

CP CX : http://www.esky-heli.com/esky-belt-c...?cPath=177_690

What about replacements parts and accesories like training gear, etc ? I've heard the cp cx is difficult to fix due to the body covering all electronics.

Can someone help me making a choice ? The hughes is half the price for a week and If i buy now, the cp cx is 70euo more expensive, and I don't see what he has more than the hughes...

Thank you,

Maxime.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
I have had A Belt CP V2 which is very similar to the CPX. It's weakest links are the ESC and gyro, both are pretty cheap to fix; and the radio is kind of crappy, which you are going to replace anyway. I also have an HBCT which has a full fuselage very similar the the CPX. ESky fuselages can be removed easily.

You won't find the electronics on Art Tech helis any better. I don't know of any RTF heli that doesn't need better, ESC, gyro or servos. That's how they keep the price down. If you break the landing gear or frame on that H300 they are a bitch to fix. The H300 is a very attractive heli for the price, but it's not compatible with anything. The CPX is about 75% compatible with Align and Trex clones.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:02 AM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
The hughes 300 has a lot of replacement parts but you say that on the cp cx I can easely find replacement parts, not only from Esky, but trex and align ? That would be great.

As I'm at a stage where there will be crashes (not often, but it will hapen for sure), I'd like to be able to find all sort of parts for repair.

Another positive point for the cp cx is I'm buying it at my local hobby shop, so if I have any problem I can go there and ask professionals, or bring my helicopter for garantuee, or just get replacement parts that fit there.

Is the replacement of the esc and gyro an immediate need ? Or are they just bad for professional 3d flights but good to start with and train basic flight, hovering, moving, etc ?

Thank you for all your help

Maxime.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:38 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
I kept the gyro on my Belt CP V2 for about 2 months before I swapped it for something better. The stock one was a little twitchy and didn't hold great. It was more of an annoyance than a real problem. When I replaced it, I bought a better gyro, better tail servo and higher capacity ESC. Over time, I replaced the other servos and head and tail components. I've owned over 30 helis, and this is pretty much the same procedure with every RTF heli I've owned.

I had one of those Art Tech H300s; I bought it used from another RCG member. I had a hell of a time getting my radio to handle the mechanical mixing, but I don't have a DX8. It never did fly right, but I didn't pay much for it (I think it was $60). Art Tech makes some great RTF planes. I've owned several of them and really liked them; very nice scale appearance and detail and very tough. So, I was curious to try one of their helis, as they have only been doing them for a few years. The H300 is a beautiful heli with lots of detail, just like their planes. Check out the shock absorbing legs on the landing gear. Unfortunately, all that detail makes things breaks easy. That long tail makes for some unusual flight characteristics and the small rotor head has very high loading. Generally, this heli is something for the pros at flying scale, not for the level of experience I had.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:47 AM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
Thanks again for sharing your experience

As I'm not a pro yet, I will go for the cp cx (I already love his scale body on pics, very nice ) and start with the stock components with my dx8. With some good configuration it will be good for a training cp heli.

I also have more support like I said in my lhs which is always usefull.

Maxime.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:13 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,572 Posts
The feathering shaft is next to impossible to find for the cp cx.....Other parts are hard to find too...
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:18 AM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
The CP CX is just the CP V2 but with a scale body, so can't I use CP v2 parts ?

EDIT : 5 mins searching and here are feathering shafts that fits perfectly on the cp v2 and cp cx : http://www.helidirect.com/align-feat...450x-p-132.hdx

;-)
Last edited by Themax222; Jan 06, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themax222 View Post
The CP CX is just the CP V2 but with a scale body, so can't I use CP v2 parts ?

EDIT : 5 mins searching and here are feathering shafts that fits perfectly on the cp v2 and cp cx : http://www.helidirect.com/align-feat...450x-p-132.hdx

;-)
No it's not. They changed the head design so it's much more like the Align, Trex 450 head. At this point, ESky parts are hard to find in general; they always are at this time of year until the Chinese New Year holiday ends in March. But, it's not just ESky. Parts and helis get hard to find for most popular brands about now. However, many ESky parts are interchangable between models, The bladegrips are the same for most of their models, so I'd try Belt CP V2 feathering shafts, if you can find them.
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 06, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:39 AM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
Ah ok didn't know that.

But if they are more like trex head, trex parts like the one I listed will fit perfectly like tried by someone on a discussion on another forum. And Esky also makes the feathering shaft EK1-0404 for HBK3/4 & CP V2/CPX/CP CX.

I know it's hard to get replacement parts, it took me 5 months to get a simple motor cowl for a parkzone plane...
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themax222 View Post
Ah ok didn't know that.

But if they are more like trex head, trex parts like the one I listed will fit perfectly like tried by someone on a discussion on another forum. And Esky also makes the feathering shaft EK1-0404 for a lot of models.

I know it's hard to get replacement parts, it took me 5 months to get a simple motor cowl for a parkzone plane...

But you can't do much...
Well, you can always buy unpopular brand helis that don't have much demand.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 11:00 AM
Maxime 737NG
Joined Dec 2010
47 Posts
Actually, I prefer buying an Esky helicopter which is from what I heard a good heli brand, have support at my lhs and find replacement parts from esky (even if I have to wait for them) or trex.