HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by hobbykinglive, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:58 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Thanks Del-Dredd, good to hear.

Here's a Kinetic 800 build blog, pretty good especially if you havn't built yours yet not there's much building to it but still it's good to see before and learn from others.
http://rc-playground.blogspot.com/20...0-mini_17.html

Also here's what I have coming for batteries, and the other ones I have kicking around.

Turnigy 800mAh 2S 20C Lipo Pack (hopefull for long floaty flights)

Turnigy 500mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack (Arobatic, zippy, shorter flights)

ZIPPY Flightmax 800mAh 3S1P 20C (Fast, darting around the sky flight)
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 06:03 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Thanks for the link, I had seen that prior to mine arriving.

I have added a piece of 1/16 ply below the wing clips to stop the wings moving up and down as much in the fuselage (its not much movement but noticable).

The ply takes up the gap between the top surface of the carbon spars and the plastic clips, it still leaves enough movement to enable the clip to be pushed down for wing removal.

Its 30mm long and about 13mm wide (to fit in recess where wing clips go) also has a small slot at each end in the center to cater for the web on the underside of the clip.

One wing is inserted in fuselage, fit the ply between the clip and wing, then slide in second wing.

Photo shows the ply in place below the clips, and the small self tapper used for extra security of the clips (drilled small hole through plastic bits), the screws also push down on the thin ply to clamp the spars.

If I glue the wings in in the future i will use PU glue in the center area to lock it together.

Del
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Last edited by Del-Dredd; Feb 04, 2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:36 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Thanks Del Dredd, I may use your modification depending. BTW mine has shipped and now I play the waiting game.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Feb 2010
651 Posts
Review: http://www.efly.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=33586

Kinetic800 by Hobbyking (2 min 2 sec)
guyst is offline Find More Posts by guyst
Old Mar 02, 2011, 04:07 PM
Sydney Palm Beach, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
40 Posts
I flew my Kinetic for the first time last night. All I can say is this is a fantastic glider. Vertical climbs, rolls, outside loops it does it all. This is with the stock set-up and 800mAh Lipo.

Can anyone tell me how to program the ESC to have brake, my prop wouldn't fold back while gliding.

Cheers.
wocka is offline Find More Posts by wocka
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:22 AM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
I am happy you enjoy it! About the ESC, the programing card should have a "brake" option.

I Getting mine hope next week!
4Anket2 is offline Find More Posts by 4Anket2
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:11 PM
Crashing on a budget.
Canberra, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
155 Posts
I had my first crash with the Kinetic about amonth ago. Yesterday I got around to fixing it and investigating the cause of the crash.

Initial diagnosis was that the rudder servo had locked up at full throw, but when I pulled off the plastic servo cover, the servo started to work again. It turned out that the horn screw had backed out of the servo and was so far up that it was rubbing against the servo cover.

Something to check for if your rudder servo starts to act up.
dusk is offline Find More Posts by dusk
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:02 PM
Joined Oct 2004
40 Posts
Hi 4Anket2,

Any idea what brand/model the ESC is. I found the manual for the ESC the HobbyKing provide with the HK-Swift (12Amp) model, It has the ability to set-up the ESC by the transmitter. I tried with mine, but couldn't understand the Beep sequence.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=87
Old Mar 08, 2011, 02:06 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
I got my Kinetic on Friday. Unfortunately rudder servo was not good so I decided to replace both rudder and elevator servos from local shop.

I bought two batteries: I try to float with 2S 500mAh, which makes AUW nice 255 g. For windier weather I have a 299 g setup with 3S 800mAh. I haven't tried motor with 3S battery yet but 2S gave nice pull.

I'm not sure if I have brake on or off. Only way to find out is to fly it. I tried to use manual that Wocka linked but I think it's not for this ESC. Beeps didn't sound anything like in manual.
kiviglider is offline Find More Posts by kiviglider
Old Mar 08, 2011, 02:31 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Speaking of the ESC in this bird will the HK programming card work on this?? And which one? Many thanks
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:42 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
I think I found the manual for ESC. It was not the first hit on Google but I had nothing better to do this evening. It's in here

I followed beeps in programming table and they made sense. I turned brake on and off a few times and then set motor start to very soft. I feel it will lessen wear to propeller joints.
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:49 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiviglider View Post
I think I found the manual for ESC. It was not the first hit on Google but I had nothing better to do this evening. It's in here

I followed beeps in programming table and they made sense. I turned brake on and off a few times and then set motor start to very soft. I feel it will lessen wear to propeller joints.
NIce Work! Thanks !
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Oct 2004
40 Posts
Thank you kiviglider,

I was able to program the ESC for the brake and can confirm it works.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:56 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
I had a maiden flight today. It was very short because it's very cold and I don't like flying with gloves on.

2S 500 lipo pulled plane up nicely. I think I will order a few more of those from HK.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:04 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiviglider View Post
I had a maiden flight today. It was very short because it's very cold and I don't like flying with gloves on.

2S 500 lipo pulled plane up nicely. I think I will order a few more of those from HK.
I am digging the nano-techs just because i can charge them ALOT faster. Availability is limited as with everything at HK.