HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by hobbykinglive, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
398 Posts
My Son and I having some fun with the Kinetics 800 dropping a paper F35c from it
Kinetic 800 Paper F-35 Release and Some Hobby King Mini P-51D Mustang flying - Lots of Fun (7 min 42 sec)
bmsweb is offline Find More Posts by bmsweb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2011, 01:02 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Joined Jul 2010
277 Posts
I finally had to replace the rudder servo after a hard landing. Seems it got stripped by being bumped too hard. Wind was blowing good and I had to put her down since gliding more than expected on approach. In any case, I popped off the side panel, pulled out the old servo. Threaded control lead for the new one through the small slot in foam, pulled it through with a pair of tweezers. Made sure everything was lining up and secured the new servo in place with some hot glue. Threaded pushrod through control arm, screwed that down. Checked out movement - good. Glued the hatch back into place. Checked again, good. We'll see on the next flight. I've prolly 40+ flights on this guy now, including one dramatic crash when I lost it way over a woods far away. Did not even expect to find it again - took some searching. I'm running off the cheap HK 2.4 GHz Tx/Rx combo - couldn't justify putting a spectrum receiver in there. So far, still happy - has great power (gets warm tho) and can take it way high and enjoy good glide or bring it screaming down across the field in front of me. This bird def has it's quirks but it was worth the $$$ for me.

BTW, bmsweb -- nice vid, like the P51 too. Thanks for sharing.
rcflyer40plus1 is online now Find More Posts by rcflyer40plus1
Old Sep 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
Classified County Sheriff
Allen, TX
Joined Aug 2009
79 Posts
Great and fun plane to drive!
This thing is a blast and so easy going. Clocked it at a dive a little over 50MPH. Not bad for this little bird.

I have had no issues but the loss of the rudder servo. Still flying it and will replace it soon. As long as I dont use it there are are no issues with it.

Tried to replace the motor with another one but could not find one that would fit correctly. Just decided I would fly it how it is. Guess I dont need much faster. This is the plane I fly if I just want to go out and relax.

Worth every penny of the price.
Thanks
HelpMeFlyIt is offline Find More Posts by HelpMeFlyIt
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:37 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
recommended Battery and charger

hobbyking suggests...

ZIPPY Flightmax 800mAh 3S1P 20C
Turnigy 800mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack

which do you prefer?

which hobbyking charger should I get?
which AC adapter for charging in house?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:40 PM
Joined Dec 2008
9 Posts
Turnigy
lacemi is offline Find More Posts by lacemi
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
9 Posts
motor out on kinetic 800 ???

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to take out the motor on Kinetic 800.

Cheers Carsten
carstensonder is offline Find More Posts by carstensonder
Old Sep 17, 2011, 05:20 AM
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
KINETIC 800 ESC programming

Hi,

I use my kinetic800 fro some fligths, but I do not succeed in entering the ESC programming mode.

I looked at the ESC manual provided on HK website, and it seems that it doesn't match:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...X393764X34.pdf

I swith on TX and put full throttle: 2 beeps, sone time, one beep, some time, 2 beeps... and then nothing. The programming sequence does not start. I can move the Throttle stick up and down, nothing happens...

Some complements:

After the above sequence, if I move throttle to middle=> one beep. Then move the throttle a bit up: sequences of 1 small beep. Move throttle full up: 2 beeps. If I go down above middle, sequences of 2 small beeps, If I go full up and then above middle I have sequences of 3 bips... and so on up to sequences of 8 bips. If I go full down, I have 2 bips ans the ESC goes out of the programming mode... I do not understand how to control what...

Please help ;-)

Regards,

JMF
JMF11 is offline Find More Posts by JMF11
Last edited by JMF11; Sep 17, 2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:58 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsweb View Post
My Son and I having some fun with the Kinetics 800 dropping a paper F35c from it
This was fantastic flying and photography by both of you.

I liked your attempt to drop the paper airplane. Wow, was that a cool looking jet! I wonder if it flew upside down because of the weight of the metal clip you carried it by? I'd love to see what would happen if you attached the clip to the belly of the paper plane and detached from the Kinetic as before? Would it right itself and fly right-side-up?

How did you release the paper airplane? Did you later do the camera and the "bomb" by the same method?

I have a Kinetic 800 on its way from Hobby King, and I'm looking forward to contributing and learning from this thread.

Please share your paper plane attachment/detachment technique with photos.

Thanks for this very entertaining and novel use of RC planes by father and son!

VJ
Virginia Jim is offline Find More Posts by Virginia Jim
Last edited by Virginia Jim; Sep 23, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:26 PM
France, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Croix
Joined Jul 2011
143 Posts
hi,
i have a new kinetic, but i think it has a engine probleme, or maybe esc problem : motor goes on but, sometimes, it goes 100 % whatever i do, and sometimes it goes fst or low whatever i do. And then it comes back to normal way, responding to radio control...

Think it's the ESC.

Anybody has this problem ?

Thx
laurentjeuxlille is offline Find More Posts by laurentjeuxlille
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:20 AM
Joined Jul 2011
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentjeuxlille View Post
hi,
i have a new kinetic, but i think it has a engine probleme, or maybe esc problem : motor goes on but, sometimes, it goes 100 % whatever i do, and sometimes it goes fst or low whatever i do. And then it comes back to normal way, responding to radio control...

Think it's the ESC.

Anybody has this problem ?

Thx
Well, it was the ESC... Changed it, and flies well !
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:39 AM
Joined Jul 2011
143 Posts
Another trouble !*

Motor doesnt work anymore, connector with esc burnt !

Witch kind of motor can i buy to replace it, the kinteic stock motor is BK ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Thx !
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
replacement prop ?

some have said this works...
Aeronaut Cam Carbon folding prop 8 x 5.
Other suggestions ?
I see HK sells prop with motormount.
I hoping for prop only.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:27 AM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Mar 2011
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentjeuxlille View Post
Which kind of motor can i buy to replace... the kinteic stock motor...?
Guys:

Help! Need some experienced Kinetic pilots advice. I just got my own Kinetic kit, and noticed Laurent's question.

Looking at the fuselage of my Kinetic, it seems to have a weak point around the motor area. Also, this plane seems to require front-mounting motor mounting holes (between the prop and the motor). Thus, I would guess that the motors Laurent suggested would not be appropriate because these motors are too short for the motor mount area, and they do not appear to have front mounting holes.

Because of the thin foam, it seems to me that we need a motor that completely fills the motor area (this space is 38mm long by 29mm wide) to provide support for the fuselage and prevent compression of the foam in this area during one-point, nose landings!

I'm a newbie, so I'm not sure I'm right about this. Can others with experience chime in?

For those, like me, who need some guidance in building our Kinetics, check out Argo-2's blog (after the Turnigy transmitter stuff), or go to this link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...04&postcount=1

VJ
Virginia Jim is offline Find More Posts by Virginia Jim
Last edited by Virginia Jim; Oct 11, 2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add image
Old Oct 12, 2011, 04:37 AM
Joined Jul 2011
143 Posts
Hi,

the trouble is that motor just hold fuselage by glue ! there's no screw for motor and fuselage. Mine just jump away from fuselage during fly !!!!

So, now, i need new motor. If the new motor is shorter, it doesn't mind because it's an outrunner, that means there must be a space between motor and fuselage inside.

Well, i will try a new one, the stock motor is bk...

Kinetic is good, but fast and fragile...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:06 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
2s PERFORMANCE

I have a few questions for you guys that have been flying the Kinetic for a while. First I have read many issues with the servo quality, mainly the rudder servo. My plan is to replace all the servos but delete the rudder servo for the sake of reducing AUW and just fix the rudder into neutral position. Second I have also read here about multiple instances of heat issues. Can I avoid that by using a 2 cell battery? I have a ton of 2s 800mAh batts. What are your experiences with 2 cell set ups? I'm not looking for hot liner pylon performance, just light weight sport flying. Thanks guys
greedyg76 is online now Find More Posts by greedyg76