|Jan 04, 2011, 11:55 PM|
TENNESSEE HUCKFEST - Corryton (KNOXVILLE) TN = March 17-20, 2011 (Everyone welcome!)
Let's get this season started off RIGHT.....
March 17, 18, 19, 20th - 2011
1st EVER TENNESSEE HUCKFEST - Corryton, TN (Knoxville) - March 17, 18, 19, 20th, 2011.
SPONSORED BY 3D HOBBYSHOP AND FLYING GIANTS
Day and NIGHT Flying - WITH 2 LIGHT TOWERS..... 3D HUCKIN.....no flying rules (besides the normal safety stuff...AMA membership IS required)...relax, have fun.....fly...........EVERYONE is welcome to fly....park flyers and foam to Giant scale.....Looks like we'll even have some turbines and Heli's. We may block off an hour or two per day for turbines if there are more than a few show up.
Light Towers can provide power for those that need to plug-in during the day also.....AND....we will have a 12v charge station operational for those that want some 12v lovin.....
Landing Fee - $10 for only 1 day or $30 for the weekend (saturday evening catered dinner is included with the full weekend landing fee.....Extra $10 saturday BBQ dinner plates will be available for those that don't swing the full weekend deal.....)
ALL PROCEED$ FROM THE EVENT WILL GO TO.... BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB of the Tennessee Valley
BOY SCOUTs will be hosting a PANCAKE BREAKFAST ON SATURDAY MORNING.....the troop keeps the money from that.....I'm eating for sure!!!!
We'll setup on Thursday morning for those that can come early...........teardown on Sunday afternoon. Concession tent will be running during the day for THURS-FRI-SAT-SUN......
We do have a Church just off the south end of the field ....We're going do do some "NOISE" tests with the DA-120 soon to see if they'll mind us flying big gassers between 10:30am and noon on Sunday morning.....results to come soon....
It's a NICE field with almost 3000ft of grass ........ EVERYONE is Welcome - GIANT SCALE to FOAMIES........3D-style event.....no flying rules besides the normal safety stuff, camping is welcome (no campfires on the ground).
The field is CLOSE to both I-40 and I-75 in Knoxville. Multiple Lodging choices are available within 15 miles of the field....(I'm working lodging now....deals will be posted soon)
House Mountain RC Club
8915 Washington Pike
Corryton, TN 37721
LODGING INFORMATION - (HOTEL DEALS.... ) - PDF document is posted!!!
Who's coming...?? Although there's plenty of room....We need to plan food and services.....so we'd like to start a head count......post here if you know you'll be coming......I'll try to keep the list up to date.....
Pilot List (from RCG and FG) below....of course, we should also pick up 30 or so local pilots in addition to those on the list below....our local club has about 50 members and there's at least 2 other clubs within a half hour drive.....it should be a nice crowd......we had a night fly last fall in sub-freezing weather that drew about 50
Pilots....no particular order....
1. Joe Smith - TEAM 3DHS
2. Jim Smith - TEAM 3DHS Pit crew and driver
3. Bivens - Knoxville, TN
4. Wamsy - Nashville, TN
5. RCBirk - Central Ohio
6. Skippy78 - Narrows, VA
7. ByHisGrace - Knoxville, TN
8. UTJason - Knoxville, TN
9. Knotnuts - Knoxville, TN
10. TBird911 - Knoxville, TN
11. Cmala - Madison, AL
12. MLT67 - Horschton, GA
13. Teookie - Huntsville, AL
14. Rdbell - Nashville, TN
15. Goldcraft - Hickory Flats, GA
16. Invertedruss - Louisville, KY
17. Flyinghigh - Abingdon, VA
18. Infrontofu - Tazewell, TN
19. Hugocraft - Louisville, KY
20. Mputnam - Rutherfordton, NC
21. Extreme Flight - Sugar Hill, GA
22. Kgalen - Greeneville, TN
23. Powerslave Louisville Ky
24. Powerslave's bud not on list above - Louisville Ky (hope it's not PB7....who's next on the list...)
25. PB7flyer - Louisville, KY
26. Hugh - Hugocrafts Bud (from Louisville, KY area (??))
27. Batfire 2000 - Louisville, KY
28. Batfire's bud - Louisville, KY
29. Manta1 - Cochran GA
30. gitarpikk - Knoxville, TN
31. Rotorjockey - Jackson MO....(if work allows)
32. Mytms - Limestone, TN
33. Bryant330L - B&E Graphics - Salem, Indiana
34. Isenbed - Knoxville, TN
35. Witch_bob - Crossville, TN
36. Jet_Jeff - Knoxville, TN
37. Rush7 - Chattanooga, TN
38. Rush7's bud from C-town #1
39. Rush7's bud from C-town #2
40. Trkpony - Kingsport, TN
41. Trkpony's bud from Kingsport #1
42. Trkpony's bud from Kingsport #2
43. AJ4WP - Sweetwater, TN
44. AJ4WP's bud from Sweetwater #1
45. Jack01 - Memphis, TN
46. BillJ - Virginia (?) (or NC?)
47. Jackterrell - Ponotoc, MS
48. Colton - Dallas, GA
49. Jackterrell - Ponotoc, MS
50. Wildman777 - Moody, AL
51. Patternpilot1 - Knoxville, TN
52. Biblejosh - Tazewell, TN
53. Fastone93 - VA (?) (or NC?)
55. racerx71's bud #1
56. racerx71's bud #2
57. Johnson 4990 - (?)
58. Slo_dave - Kingsport, TN
59. Slo_dave's bud #1 from Kingsport (?)
60. Slo_dave's bud #2 from Kingsport (?)
61. Super-Dave - Knoxville, TN (not to be confused with Slo_dave)
62. LIPOBURNER - AVERY POOLE - TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT - Greeneville, SC
63. Tony Grubbs - Cleveland, TN
64. Josh Price - TEAM 3DHS / Flying Giants - Fort Smith, AR
65. Kerbob - Knoxville, TN
66. Chanesaw - (??)
67. PFunk_JR - Knoxville, TN
68. Heli9 - Knoxville, TN
69. eyemacflyer - Knoxvillle, TN
70. TommyD - Knoxville, TN
71. Aero104 - Nashville, TN
72. Aston70 - Knoxville, TN
73. Aston70's bud #1 from Knoxville
74. TheKM - ARRON BATES - TEAM 3DHS!!!
75. phillipc37388 - Tullahoma, TN
76. DaveP35 - Kingsport, TN
77. Craig Brooks - Knoxville, TN
78. Huddle - Knoxville, TN
79. LuckyAce - ??
80. McFueler - Hickory, NC
81. Jimmy - Hickory, NC
82. Adam - Hickory, NC
83. Chris - Hickory, NC
|Jan 05, 2011, 07:08 AM|
Its only 3.5-4hours away from Louisville KY so I got it on the calendar and planning on going! Got 70" gas slick, another 51" slick on backorder, 41" edge, 330foamy, and other planes but not 3D. Also helicopters too
|Jan 05, 2011, 08:04 AM|
Is circle flying allowed?
If so, I'll plan on being there
Still too early for me to know for sure but I'm planning on it
4-hour drive from Madison...not too bad
|Jan 05, 2011, 09:24 AM|
I'd like to go as well. I'm putting it on my calendar but won't know for sure until the date approaches. I'll try not to crash all my planes before then though.
|Jan 05, 2011, 10:42 AM|
|Jan 05, 2011, 04:05 PM|
I will for sure be going ... and bringing the whole fleet !
Extra 330 Foamie ....
Whatever else I buy ...
Extreme Flight Yak 54 74" Gasser ...
Should be super fun ...
|Jan 05, 2011, 04:35 PM|
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fly-In||3D Hobby Shop presents the fifth annual TINY March 4-6th 2011!!!||aeronot||Electric Flight Events||293||Feb 08, 2012 12:58 PM|
|Discussion||First Annual Swap Meet, Wytheville Va, March 5th 2011||Barn-E-Stormer||Electric Flight Events||5||Mar 06, 2011 11:41 AM|
|Discussion||CT 3D Throwdown 2011||TheTank||3D Flying||1||Dec 26, 2010 07:59 PM|
|Discussion||1st Annual Spring Cumberland Soar for Fun||Arecer||Sailplane Events||38||Apr 02, 2010 08:27 PM|
|Discussion||SACRC 1st Annual Spring Electric-Only Fly-In May 30th @ SACRC Union City, Ca.||FlyBoyTha1||Electric Flight Events||1||Jun 01, 2009 07:35 AM|