HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
*** gravity sucks ***
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
Is that with the plane right side up or inverted?
Well, the CG is the same, wether you hold the plane upright or inverted. Balancing inverted is a lot easier, as the CG then is below the balancing points. If you want to balance this model upright, it will want to tip over to either side, even when supported right at the CG. Just put a little mark on the wing about 2 cm behind 'halfway wingroot' and balancer her at that position.
Fotor is offline Find More Posts by Fotor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Thanks Fotor. I have 3 of these 737's built and haven't flown one yet. Always have other things that get in my way. This time of the year here we have more of what we call Kona weather. That usually means light winds so time to give it a go. Been practicing with my WR 777. That ones pretty good.
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:30 PM
Southern California
Joined Mar 2010
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w747 View Post
Ming if you need help with your 747 im here, would love to help, i got one of your 737 and its every thing i like in a rc airliner, and i would be one of the 1st to buy your 747
Awesome 747 Roger! How you been man?
Rookie2008 is offline Find More Posts by Rookie2008
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:45 AM
747-400
alaska
Joined Mar 2007
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie2008 View Post
awesome 747 roger! How you been man?
good man and you!
w747 is offline Find More Posts by w747
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:54 AM
747-400
alaska
Joined Mar 2007
465 Posts
[QUOTE=Ming;23419077]747-400 is a must do project.
If everyone can build the 747 so nice like you, I can save my budget of the tooling.
Can you share more information about your 747? HELLO MING the 747 is just a card model.
w747 is offline Find More Posts by w747
Last edited by w747; Dec 03, 2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:44 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,832 Posts
w747

link to card model
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,535 Posts
Windrider X'mas free shipping sales(RC plane only)!

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mexico City
Joined Apr 2007
326 Posts
Quote:
Is that with the plane right side up or inverted? Think DougW said he used the windo aft of the exit row as his balance point. Anybody got a picture of where it's balanced?
One window aft the emergency exit door with the plane inverted worked fine for me.
Regards Jurgen
jurgen01 is offline Find More Posts by jurgen01
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:35 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Thanks jurgen. That's assuming I placed the window sticker in the right spot. Took some measurements and going to start with 21.25 cm back from the front of the wing. Gotta get these guys in the air before the end of the year!. If not I'm going to get a for sale sign!. Took off from work the last 2 weeks of this year. Should have at least one nice day to fly................I hope.
Hawaiian
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mexico City
Joined Apr 2007
326 Posts
You'd better start with the emergency exit window to make sure you get that one centered, then place the others. Now one window back is the CG.
Actually it doesn't seem to be that critical. On my first flight I measured the CG with the plane upright at the spot Spyro recommends but something went wrong and the CG was way forward. I had to pull the elevator pretty hard to the plane off the ground (check the video) and keep a certain pull throughout the flight. Then checking the CG with the plane inverted I had to move the battery 2" back to get it right. Now the plane flies level with the elevator trim at just 2 beeps up.
Good luck for good weather the coming weeks.
Jurgen
jurgen01 is offline Find More Posts by jurgen01
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:10 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
If my measurements are right that one window back would be right about 21.25 cm back from the front of the wing which is where others have said to balance it at. So I'm going with that. If I dont get at least one of these guys up and flying before years end they not letting me back into the club next year!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
433 Posts
Quote:
If my measurements are right that one window back would be right about 21.25 cm back from the front of the wing which is where others have said to balance it at. So I'm going with that. If I dont get at least one of these guys up and flying before years end they not letting me back into the club next year!
I was originally very scientific at first, but these days, before every flight, I truly do just pick it up, straight and level, gear down, using two fingers- one on either side of the fuselage, with each fingertip on the window aft of the emergency exit. If it stays roughly level, and does fall nose or tail down rapidly, you're close enough.
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,157 Posts
I have been so impressed following this thread for a long time and have been impressed with all the great vinyls. I am curious, who is designing all of these for y'all? Are they coming from Callie, B&E, or elsewhere?
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:14 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W View Post
I was originally very scientific at first, but these days, before every flight, I truly do just pick it up, straight and level, gear down, using two fingers- one on either side of the fuselage, with each fingertip on the window aft of the emergency exit. If it stays roughly level, and does fall nose or tail down rapidly, you're close enough.
Thanks Doug. Hoping to get at least one of my Aloha 737's flying very soon. Got 3 built and they are just sitting in the hanger. Actually on my pool table! Practicing at the field with my WR 777 for now.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I have been so impressed following this thread for a long time and have been impressed with all the great vinyls. I am curious, who is designing all of these for y'all? Are they coming from Callie, B&E, or elsewhere?
All my decals are from Callie. Fast, reasonable and great work!