HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:08 PM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
608 Posts
You're at 8500'. I'm sure that has something to do with your model flying faster.
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Did you add flaps to your airframe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen01 View Post
Covering is Oracal 651 vinyl.
AUW is 3.7kg and the 2 fans deliver 1.5kg of thrust each.
Wish the bounce would have been intentional. No, it's my much too fast approach. The plane bounced back almost 2 meters high and I had to hit the throttle and go around (... into the bushes).
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:24 AM
*** gravity sucks ***
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen01 View Post
I had read so much about NOT cutting throttle completely during landing approach, but she floats so much that I always came in much too fast. I will need a few more flights to get that right.
You probably are coming in too fast in deed. I like to come in with a little bit of power, but before final I slow her down so much that she comes in with a positive body attitude (a bit nose-up). It takes a bit of courage to slow her down that much, but you'll get used to it. Only in the flare I cut the power. Below a video of some touch&go's where you can see the pitch attitude when I come in for landing. This plane has no flaps.
Windrider Boeing 737 touch and go's (6 min 19 sec)
Fotor is offline Find More Posts by Fotor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:44 AM
Mexico City
Joined Apr 2007
330 Posts
@boom: Yeah, thin air requires more speed, but still I can slow down a bit.

@highfly: No flaps. Flaps were planned and I reenforced the wing with a 1x6mm carbon strip, but then skipped the flaps to finish the buildig and get her in the air. This 'simple' version logged 146 hours, I estimate the flap mods will take another 20 or 25 hous. Maybe I tear down the wing covering and still add flaps. I have another 737 kit and plan to make it in Aeromexico colors - with flaps. I already have done some sketches to realize a Fowler type movement (first back, then down).

@fotor: I thought I had seen all of your videos, but somehow I had missed this touch&go video. You have a big advantage: you fly from a real airfield and you have ALL the space to practice the flare. The nose-up attitude really looks great. I will have to practice a lot to get my landings that nice and smooth.
jurgen01 is offline Find More Posts by jurgen01
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:43 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,842 Posts
jurgen01

you should try , slowing the model down at a safe height , to get the feel
of the model , try some stall's , but high enough to recover
safely .

on my radio there's a progam which add's a little up trim
and adds a little up in each aileron which helps delays
tip stall and wing rocking at slow speed .
then the model is much easier to land.
this works great on most models
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,252 Posts
Fotor - that vid was fun to watch, nice work with the camera. Speaking of which, your camera man deserves some hazardous duty pay!!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,202 Posts
I just ordered this 737 and I am very excited to start the build. I realluy want to have flaps and retracts added. I know there are over 300 pages in this thread and I am sure flaps have been discussed, as well as adding servoless retracts, but can someone confirm that it is possible to add both flaps and servoless retracts on this plane? I will start reading this entire thread as it is extremely informative. Appreciate the response.
Regards,
M
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:16 PM
President @ Hemet Model Master
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Oct 2006
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
I just ordered this 737 and I am very excited to start the build. I realluy want to have flaps and retracts added. I know there are over 300 pages in this thread and I am sure flaps have been discussed, as well as adding servoless retracts, but can someone confirm that it is possible to add both flaps and servoless retracts on this plane? I will start reading this entire thread as it is extremely informative. Appreciate the response.
Regards,
M
YES!!!! and YES!!!!
huggie9999 is online now Find More Posts by huggie9999
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:49 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,063 Posts
Quote:
Regards,
M
Well, If ordered, Servoless retracts are an option.. And Ironically .. I just finished hinging my flaps as you wrote the question..!! Good Flying..!!Name: 737 Flaps Hinged 003.jpg
Views: 155
Size: 178.7 KB
Description: UP Name: 737 Flaps Hinged 004.jpg
Views: 384
Size: 189.2 KB
Description: DOWN
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:29 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Well, If ordered, Servoless retracts are an option.. And Ironically .. I just finished hinging my flaps as you wrote the question..!! Good Flying..!!Attachment 5291057 UP Attachment 5291058 DOWN
Now I am super excited and can't wait for the package to arrive! Can you please post more pictures in the flaps? The underside, hinge details and etc. or alternatively guide me to the thread or resource that shows me how to do this?

Also, has anyone installed gyros on these kits for stabilization?

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:00 PM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2005
2,327 Posts
My 737 flies very stable without gyros.

Rik
swarick is online now Find More Posts by swarick
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:27 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,063 Posts
Quote:
Now I am super excited and can't wait for the package to arrive! Can you please post more pictures in the flaps? The underside, hinge details and etc. or alternatively guide me to the thread or resource that shows me how to do this?

Also, has anyone installed gyros on these kits for stabilization?

Thanks!
Go to "Search This Thread" at the top of this subscription and type in "Flap hinge"... Many skilled modelers with this plane have tutorial vids and detailed descriptions of the process which I virtually persued.. Its a long thread which I have gone through completely 2 times.. including all the attachments.. so much to decide.. !
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,624 Posts
737 Free shipping promo will be end very soon.

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,202 Posts
Motors and ESC

What motor and ESC combination do you guys recommend for my 737? I have read a bunch of model numbers in this thread but don't know exactly who manufactures them and where to buy these specific motors. What Kv and voltage and etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming View Post
737 Free shipping promo will be end very soon.

Ming Lou
Ming:
Is the free shipping also for the 777?
Thanks
Hawaiian
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin