4x 70mm EDFs
Future Wingz is offline Find More Posts by Future Wingz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W View Post
I second Paul's comment- the CG is the same spot for me- and I too needed my battery pack far forward. Wedgetail in particular I needed the battery pack forward and so built a removable tray of depron that I velcro the battery to and slide it in and out of the fuse. It locks down within the fuse once in place. The tray has allowed me to place the battery pack more forward than I could reach with my hands.

Paul and I have the same wing/flap set up, so that does indeed account for the battery pack forward. Easy rule of thumb I use before every flight is once everything is set up, I pick the model up off the ground (keeping it wheels down) with two fingers- one placed over the first window BEHIND the exit row door. If it "roughly" balances, you're good.
I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!

Vic
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Wingz View Post
^^^
What he said
4x 70mm EDFs
70mm?! I think were talkin' 90-120mm
F-86FLIER4LIFE is online now Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-86FLIER4LIFE View Post
70mm?! I think were talkin' 90-120mm
Seriously!!!!! hmmmm ! ok as long as we're talking the latest and greatest 747 -800 Intercontinental
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Jul 2010
448 Posts
Alaska flies again...

Just flew Alaska again after a couple months hiatus (as I had been flying Wedgetail as my primary). I was honored to have Smokin' Joes (Neil) join me and my buddy Tim at "the private runway" which has become even more restricted in terms of space with construction equipment, etc. Luckily, I was impared slightly with a couple adult beverages so the construction equipment proved no factor.

Smokin' Joes got to see the spoilers in action...which seemed to work well. :0

Love this kit Ming- it just doesn't get old.
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Just flew Alaska again after a couple months hiatus (as I had been flying Wedgetail as my primary). I was honored to have Smokin' Joes (Neil) join me and my buddy Tim at "the private runway" which has become even more restricted in terms of space with construction equipment, etc. Luckily, I was impared slightly with a couple adult beverages so the construction equipment proved no factor.

@Doug W, I'm absolutely crushed I did not get an invite I too do like adult beverages you know Lol!!!

Cheers
Vic
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,079 Posts
Quote:

Drinkin' and flyin? Doesn't gravity want you more? I am jealous, I am unlike my days of yesteryear.. Even on the sim I get a bit careless.. No good for my passengers or self..!!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:35 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
2,079 Posts
Spyro, Looking over and over and somewhere I did read of the 1400mm FMS Trojan nose bay use.. Did you cut down the length of the doors? Cannot tell..
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2010
448 Posts
Quote:
@Doug W, I'm absolutely crushed I did not get an invite I too do like adult beverages you know Lol!!!

Cheers
Vic
Name the day and we'll go flying- I'd love to see that Ethopian that's ready to maiden. If there is a reasonable weatehr day next week, we'll try it again as the flying site has maybe two weeks or so before it is unusable due to construction.

And we ALWAYS have multiple adult beverages prior to RC...seriously, have you considered how big that Windrider 737 is? And it has all those systems and servos and lights and stuff? I'm too intimidated by it to fly RC sober.

But I do fly real airplanes sober to make up for my RC'ing.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Jul 2010
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Drinkin' and flyin? Doesn't gravity want you more? I am jealous, I am unlike my days of yesteryear.. Even on the sim I get a bit careless.. No good for my passengers or self..!!
There is a sweet spot to drinkin' and flyin' (RC). It is like a stress curve- too little booze before RC'ing and not enough concentration- too much and you lose control.

It's probably the reason I turned in my AMA card... Too many rules, had to fly at designated sites, etc. (I'm halfway serious about those comments).
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:39 AM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
Quote:

Cheers
Vic
It was a last minute call, dependent upon current conditions at the runway.
We did talk about having the three of us up to fly there, so soon my friend! Would be awesome to see three of Ming's creations!

We had fog all day that finally burnt away so by the time the bird got into the air, it was a race against the setting sun. Visibility was still excellent, and the navigation and landing lights were just simply awesome! I'll have to see if some pics I took are worthy to post, but this was one thing you just had to see with your own eyes- if you know what I mean.

Doug can certainly fly. I hope I can prove myself to be at least a third of how good! Was a good 82 day stretch of no rain!
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
2,079 Posts
Adult Beverage

Quote:
There is a sweet spot to drinkin' and flyin' (RC). It is like a stress curve- too little booze before RC'ing and not enough concentration- too much and you lose control.

It's probably the reason I turned in my AMA card... Too many rules, had to fly at designated sites, etc. (I'm halfway serious about those comments).
Well with the micros I do entertain myself with the "fine line" ..(on the golf course by me) But boy any of the more expensive time built flight machines.. Ohh no.. As written .. I am jealous.. I used to do much with a nip.!! Good for you all..!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:45 AM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
3 70mm and a 90mm? or maybe that would be a 120mm fan?

Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes