SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2012, 11:12 AM
Mexico City
Joined Apr 2007
335 Posts
Hi everybody,

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, but the Hong Kong Post tracking page still states "item left Hong Kong April 22". I was expecting 3 to 4 weeks delivery, but I begin to wonder if the page ever will change to an updated information?
I guess it should change to "arrived at customs in destination country" sometime. Any experience how long that should take?
Jurgen
jurgen01 is offline Find More Posts by jurgen01
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi3 View Post
Hi there,

concerning take-off from grass:

Hereīs a video of my 737sī maiden flight taking off from grass.

She is powered by 2 Wemotec minifans with Het 2W23 running on 1 5S 5000mAh battery.
Total static thrust is approx. 2,8 kg at 90 Amps. AUW 3,5 kg.

She has plenty of power and does not even need full thrust to take off from grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGeN...hannel&list=UL

Greetings

Michael
VERY nice sound from the wemos, when the wemos are balanced they sound great
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 05:00 PM
Danmark, Midtjylland, Horsens
Joined Sep 2011
68 Posts
Okay I think I will try 4cells on a 55A ESC with the 3800kv motors and see what happens.

-Jakob
jakob k is offline Find More Posts by jakob k
Old May 07, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
488 Posts
737 max

Has anyone given any thought to modifiying the existing kit to the 737MAX exterior changes? Scalloped engine nacelles, altered tailcone, different winglets, etc..

If no one else calls it, that will be my next one after I am done with Wedgetail...
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Old May 08, 2012, 02:17 AM
An unexpected error occurred
Belgium, Flemish Region, Duffel
Joined Apr 2012
831 Posts
Had a look at the EDF units last night, and am thinking about installing ESCs right behind the motors, as this guy has done :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3499.
That should provide sufficient cooling air for them :-)
If strategically placed, they shouldn't pose any problems with airflow, I presume.

Only thing is, I will have to lengthen the battery wires of the ESC, so I shouldn't forget to install capacitors :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952523

Yesterday I got a reply email from Daco, who make decals for smaller scale static models, they have a decal set for the Sabena livery I'm looking for.
They are willing to produce it on a larger scale if I can provide them the necessary dimensions of the model. Only problem is, they can't print in white, so I will need to use a paint mask for the tail logo.
Phaedra is offline Find More Posts by Phaedra
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2012, 03:10 AM
*** gravity sucks ***
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
400 Posts
Big bummer here.
We are flying at an old naval airbase. Somewhere in the (near? far?) future they will start building houses there. The owner of the airbase has anounced that all airsport clubs (gliding club and the modellers) have to get off the airfield by July 1st. There is an intensive lobby going on, but I doubt if it will help.
If we really have to clear the airbase I have no place to fly my 737. There is no other club within a 100km radius that has a paved runway, and the model is too big to fly from the streets in this too busy part of NL.
Damn......
Fotor is offline Find More Posts by Fotor
Old May 08, 2012, 03:58 AM
Winston Hills, Sydney
Joined Apr 2009
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Yesterday I got a reply email from Daco, who make decals for smaller scale static models, they have a decal set for the Sabena livery I'm looking for.
They are willing to produce it on a larger scale if I can provide them the necessary dimensions of the model. Only problem is, they can't print in white, so I will need to use a paint mask for the tail logo.
Callie Graphics in the states do a great job of the decals for the Windrider 737.
Very reasonable cost too.
All you need is to send her some photos of the livery you want (I used some photos from Airliners.net) and she will have them ready to mail to you within a few days.

Paul
pauljohnston is offline Find More Posts by pauljohnston
Old May 08, 2012, 04:15 AM
An unexpected error occurred
Belgium, Flemish Region, Duffel
Joined Apr 2012
831 Posts
I heard about Callie, but I contacted Daco because they have incredible details about the livery I want.
But apparently they are limited in their capabilities for this model size.
I my example, they have problems with the blue cheat-lines on the fuselage, and the white-on-blue tail logo.
Does Callie supply fuselage-length stickers for instance ?
In that case, if I can find enough detailed pictures of the livery I might eventually use Callie's services .

Also found a great how-to on finishing foam objects :
http://www.jepe.org/finishing%20foam...ing%20foam.htm
Using that technique, I might also paint the large surfaces more easily.
Phaedra is offline Find More Posts by Phaedra
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2012, 05:42 AM
Danmark, Midtjylland, Horsens
Joined Sep 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotor View Post
Big bummer here.
We are flying at an old naval airbase. Somewhere in the (near? far?) future they will start building houses there. The owner of the airbase has anounced that all airsport clubs (gliding club and the modellers) have to get off the airfield by July 1st. There is an intensive lobby going on, but I doubt if it will help.
If we really have to clear the airbase I have no place to fly my 737. There is no other club within a 100km radius that has a paved runway, and the model is too big to fly from the streets in this too busy part of NL.
Damn......
Sorry to hear about that. Well I can tell you that about 400km away there is a place where you would be able to fly :-)

-Jakob
jakob k is offline Find More Posts by jakob k
Old May 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jan 2009
29 Posts
Hi once more,

thanks for all your kind comments concerning the maiden of my 737.

Yes, the Wemos are really fine EDFs. They can be bought assembled and balanced at no extra charge and are really smooth and the Minifan/Het 2W23 combination weighs only 162g producing 1,4 kg of thrust!

I went to 5S because I wanted to be sure to get the 737 lifting off from grass as I have no paved runway available. Of course during flight you need only approx. 1/3- 1/2 of max. thrust to cruise around.

Regarding the installation of the ESCīs in the engine nacelle hereīs a picture of how I did it.
If you decide to do so, donīt forget to insert extra capacitors due to the longer wires.

Greetings

Michael
michi3 is offline Find More Posts by michi3
Old May 08, 2012, 08:20 PM
Mexico City
Joined Apr 2007
335 Posts
Today I received my lighting system which I ordered from Dimension Engineering. Was shipped the same day I had ordered it and arrived in 2 weeks. If the guys of DE are reading here: Thanks guys, good service.

Would some of you who had ordered directly from Honk Kong tell me what to expect from the Honk Kong Post tracking page? Does it stay saying "your item left Hong Kong" until it arrives at its destination or are there updates? Mine is unchanged for more than 2 weeks now.

Regards Jurgen
jurgen01 is offline Find More Posts by jurgen01
Old May 09, 2012, 12:16 AM
Winston Hills, Sydney
Joined Apr 2009
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Does Callie supply fuselage-length stickers for instance ?
Pretty sure she can do whatever you require.
When I got her to do my A380 I asked her to do all the passenger windows and doors too. She did a great job.
Paul
pauljohnston is offline Find More Posts by pauljohnston
Old May 09, 2012, 01:08 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljohnston View Post
Pretty sure she can do whatever you require.
When I got her to do my A380 I asked her to do all the passenger windows and doors too. She did a great job.
Paul
She provided my stickers for my Alaska -700, and it has full length fuselage stickers, and she did the the stripes around the cowls and custom N-number. She even did the flight attendant recruitment poster that's on the tail. Oh wait, that's an eskimo.
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Old May 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
610 Posts
Anyone heard from DerekB lately? I'm worried
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom
Old May 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cape Coral, FL
Joined Nov 2001
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Anyone heard from DerekB lately? I'm worried
Now worries mate!! Sorry for disappearing. I have been working every night 'til 2 or 3 a.m. to get mine done before Joe Nall Week. I leave 7 am this Saturday morning. A mild panic is setting in and I'm starting to hyperventilate.

Just for Shock and Awe, as of tonight, all of my parts still fit in the box .

In my scramble to finish, I have not had one spare minute to log on here.

But death be darned!! While staring into the face of death, I decided to take a stand, take a break and post some stuff.

Soooo, here's my plan. I have glassed the very last part just moments ago and literally ready to paint. All systems have been installed and tested, then removed for painting. In order to minimize masking during spray painting, the only parts I will glue together (so I can spackle the seams before paint) are the fuselage halves and the nacelle halves. After paint, I can live with a seam at the wing joint and at the stab and elevator joints (well, not really - I have plan to fix those).

Get a load of this. I will be spray painting my 737 at Joe Nall . I'm taking my Easy Up canopy and will hang plastic drop clothes around the perimeter to make a spray booth. I'm taking my generator, compressor, spray gun, paints, sand paper, etc. etc. I have a small trailer to just throw everything in, so no big deal. Actually it is no big deal compared to what some people bring.

THEN..... get ready for the best part of all. I will have the shear white knuckle pleasure of maiden flight in front of, ohh, say, just a few thousand people .
DerekB is offline Find More Posts by DerekB