SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Yes, I meant the electrical connectors, saves preparation time. After all, Parkzone is about no-nonsense easy living in the RC-world
Well, when you get your Radian Pro and wire up the wing connectors, post pictures and details here so we can give it a try.
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:02 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose View Post
Mike, I think I'm gonna get me a set of those servo covers. I need to talk to you more about it. The website isn't perfectly clear what you're getting with the three options. Maybe I'm just a dunce and can't figure it out (no comments).

On the other hand, I've not made up my mind which I'm going to fly in the LMR. Might just fly the original Radian.

Andy

1st Option is for those folks with unmodified aileron control horns. The pushrod cover must be taller to allow the full-size aileron control horn to clear the top of the cover.

2nd Option is for folks like me that moved the pushrod to the inner hole on the aileron control horn and then cut off the excess control horn length. The aileron pushrod cover can be shorter because it doesn't have to clear the tall control horn.

3rd Option uses the tall aileron covers and a "universal" flap cover that has no raised servo area and can be used for left or right-hand installations.

Part of the cost for Option 1 & 2 is that Gary has to make 3 sets of covers because of his molding setup. He will be sending folks a total of 6 individual servo covers of which you will only use 4. You will have 2 left-hand flap servo covers left over after your installation.

McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:17 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,445 Posts
OK...that helps. Thanks.
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:58 AM
Godservant4earth
Brentwood
Joined Feb 2006
27 Posts
Well I Set up my DX7 Just the way its suppose to be. I'm not sure on how it will work. Tomorrow Morning is when I Will fly. I Am SOOO exited!!! I hope it doesn't rain in the morning... I've been waiting to fly for years. And now I Finally can with my radian Pro. I Sure hope the set up is right. and I Guess I'll figure out the bells and whistles to the DX7 and the Radian pro. I hope it all works out, I Don't know where to connect the Servo's And the push rods in which position... But you know what I'll figure it out. I WISH I Had an experienced flyer to teach me the ropes to all the new added features in the past 5 years. I've missed a lot lately...

I Sure hope it works, Just check to make sure everything is level throw her in the air and pray she stays up...

Wish me luck!
Godservant4earth is offline Find More Posts by Godservant4earth
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
Godservant4earth
Brentwood
Joined Feb 2006
27 Posts
She went up. And over my left shoulder crashed and broke the nose... Now I have to get
Glue. Sigh.. I have plenty of experience crashing and burning.. I can do that well. ;(
Old Mar 21, 2011, 01:10 PM
Honey, I got more planes!
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
Just wondering, was this your first RC airplane?

On the up side.... the foam glues back pretty well.
ghee-grose is offline Find More Posts by ghee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:03 PM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
395 Posts
opps
mustang347 is offline Find More Posts by mustang347
Last edited by mustang347; Mar 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: wrong thread!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 01:06 AM
Godservant4earth
Brentwood
Joined Feb 2006
27 Posts
This is my 3rd. But First in 5 Years, yes. So I figured out what was wrong. The Ailerons were messed up, the left aileron was up a few millimeters, and so thats what drove her to the left and down.

Here is the video...Lasted all but 3 seconds, and felt like 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zgaGqeXsl8

So after That crash test, I Have PLENTY of experience crashing and burning so I Did that very well this morning. ....-_-.... I noticed I Forced it, I threw her up to High and not knowing the controls... Its been years, My skills were a 6 on a scale of 1-10 but that was 5 years ago, So I'm back to 1.

Upon assessing the damages, Just the nose broke 3/4 of the way, and I Reglued her with the FOAM COMPATICY CA with the Spray, and Applied glue and sprayed her, It dried fast but obviously not.

So This time after the glue dried i went on top of a hill with alittle wind and just threw her gently and glides her to about 8 feet.
I'M SO EXITED! She actually got air!!! This made me very satisfied even tho it was just 5 feet of flying, Beside the point; I was able to keep her straight and land softly on the grass.

Here are my delima's

1) How do you adjust the aileron to straighten out on the DX7... I don't know the controls...
2) How do you glue on the Elevator so it stays on! The review said Tape. But it didn't work, The Foam glue works from foam to foam, not foam to plastic, How do I Keep the Elevator from moving in midair.
3) Isn't the Foam glue suppose to work? Or does it only work in Hot weather, Its about 50-60 Degrees right now and Doesn't the glue needs 70+ to dry and adhesive better? So I Should glue her and let her dry for a few days?
4) Do I need to Buy another Fuselage and just take apart EVERYTHING and glue everything in the right place in the New Fuselage?

I Remember very much now about the past, I Remember glueing an EZ-Star so much It didn't fly from all the Weight of glue stuck to her.

I wish I Had a flying buddy or someone experienced to show me the ropes, there aren't many rc groups out here and Haven't found anyone in my area yet.

So I Rely on RCgroups and The help of you folks to guide me through this as much as possible, and am ever so grateful for your ears and helping hand... Thank you once again.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:38 AM
nph
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Oct 2010
184 Posts
I glued mine back after a few crashes until I realized I couldn't stop crashing (mildly) due to my crooked fuselage at what point I replaced the fuselage.
Once I moved everything over it was good as new!
Havent crashed since (knock on wood)!

That was the original Radian and not the Pro but I think that you can probably repair it a few times before you need to replace it.

I glued mine indoors and then left it in the garage to dry.
nph is offline Find More Posts by nph
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
Godservant4earth:

You threw the Radian Pro at too steep an angle at launch. It can't climb that steep. Launch at a little more than level at half throttle, let it start to fly, then increase the climb and throttle.

ParkZone Radian Pro Review (4 min 44 sec)

On the first page of this thread he talks about takeing off and the second launch in the video is a good example of a launch at a little more than level.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Last edited by e-gull; Mar 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 01:22 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godservant4earth View Post
This is my 3rd. But First in 5 Years, yes. So I figured out what was wrong. The Ailerons were messed up, the left aileron was up a few millimeters, and so thats what drove her to the left and down.

SNIP

So after That crash test, I Have PLENTY of experience crashing and burning so I Did that very well this morning. ....-_-.... I noticed I Forced it, I threw her up to High and not knowing the controls... Its been years, My skills were a 6 on a scale of 1-10 but that was 5 years ago, So I'm back to 1.

Upon assessing the damages, Just the nose broke 3/4 of the way, and I Reglued her with the FOAM COMPATICY CA with the Spray, and Applied glue and sprayed her, It dried fast but obviously not.

So This time after the glue dried i went on top of a hill with alittle wind and just threw her gently and glides her to about 8 feet.
I'M SO EXITED! She actually got air!!! This made me very satisfied even tho it was just 5 feet of flying, Beside the point; I was able to keep her straight and land softly on the grass.

Here are my delima's

1) How do you adjust the aileron to straighten out on the DX7... I don't know the controls...
Turn on the radio with all controls at neutral. Unhook the clevis on the aileron control horn and screw it in or out a few turns. Hook the clevis back up. Repeat this until the aileron is even with the wing.

Quote:
2) How do you glue on the Elevator so it stays on! The review said Tape. But it didn't work, The Foam glue works from foam to foam, not foam to plastic, How do I Keep the Elevator from moving in midair.
I assume you mean the horizontal stabilizer. If so, it should slide into a plastic pocket which is snug around the stabilizer once it is centered. Then you can apply tape to the top and bottom of the stabilizer, overlapping the tape on the plastic insert. Left and right top and bottom for 4 taped joints. I use blue painters masking tape and it has held fine since the maiden flight.

Quote:
3) Isn't the Foam glue suppose to work? Or does it only work in Hot weather, Its about 50-60 Degrees right now and Doesn't the glue needs 70+ to dry and adhesive better? So I Should glue her and let her dry for a few days?

Most folks are using white gorilla glue. It takes a few hours to dry.

Quote:
4) Do I need to Buy another Fuselage and just take apart EVERYTHING and glue everything in the right place in the New Fuselage?

Glue the fuselage back together and try that first before buying another.

Quote:
I Remember very much now about the past, I Remember glueing an EZ-Star so much It didn't fly from all the Weight of glue stuck to her.

I wish I Had a flying buddy or someone experienced to show me the ropes, there aren't many rc groups out here and Haven't found anyone in my area yet.

So I Rely on RCgroups and The help of you folks to guide me through this as much as possible, and am ever so grateful for your ears and helping hand... Thank you once again.

Do not point the plane up to launch. Let it gather some airspeed before pulling back the elevator. Even then, while you are learning the plane, don't ever point the nose up more than 10-15 degrees. Concentrate more on maintaining some airspeed than gaining altitude. Keeping the plane moving forward should be your main concern at first.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Last edited by JumpySticks; Mar 22, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:19 PM
Ugly planes do not fly
USA, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Mar 2007
1,689 Posts
Andy and Gary,

Do you guys have flaps on a switch or on a throttle?
_Sergey_ is offline Find More Posts by _Sergey_
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:49 PM
Honey, I got more planes!
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
Switch
ghee-grose is offline Find More Posts by ghee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Fixed the wing connectors!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose View Post
Well, when you get your Radian Pro and wire up the wing connectors, post pictures and details here so we can give it a try.
Got the original Radian Btw. thanks for the info, researching the pro, I'v realized I actually need the original, since I already have a Hype/ST/Ripmas Fox, which I'm adding flaps. Should better the Pro on the slopes, and the Radian should better the pro in TD gliding. Secondly, the Radian should fill the aerophotography-light and trainer plane (my nephews are queuing up to learn to fly...) gaps in my fleet.

Btw. heads up for EU customers, rcpitstop.co.uk is (probably clearing the inventory) selling the PNP Radian for 71 quid! the Pro is 110, not bad either.

Will probably be back when I've wrecked both the Fox and the Radian!
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:07 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Mar 2004
1,402 Posts
Mary try and find a buddy who can make sure the plane is trimmed properly. If you can't find someone, make sure control surfaces are set even with the wing and tail surfaces are even with the tail.

Many years ago when I first started to teach myself to fly I like you was very nervous and after I would throw the plane I would grab the sticks and move them. This would result in a crash much like yours. After many crashes, I was throwing the plane and I missed the sticks and low and behold the plane flew all by itself. After knowing that, I would hand launch the plane let it fly and very easily move the sticks. 32 years later I'm still flying.

This is what I would do if I were you. Have the person who is filming you put down the camera and launch the plane power off. He needs to throw the plane level. Watch what the plane does. It should float and stay level to the ground. Do this in tall grass if you can. After it does this let him launch full power and don't move the sticks. It should go straight ahead and climb. All you need to do is correct the plane with small inputs on the sticks. Pulse the sticks if you will. DO NOT HOLD THE STICKS IN ONE DIRECTION.

Move the stick just a little. The stick you are going to concentrate on would be the right stick to begin with. This will give you up and down and right and left. Let the plane climb. Altitude is your friend. After you get some height you can shut the motor off and keep the wing and fuse level till it lands. Then do it all over again. Remember small inputs to the sticks do not hold the sticks in any one position. Pulse the sticks and watch what the plane does.

Good luck I wish I could help you in person but it looks like we are on opposite ends on the country. Stay with it you will get it.

All The Best
Terry
air mail rcg is offline Find More Posts by air mail rcg
Last edited by air mail rcg; Mar 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM.