SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:21 AM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,409 Posts
Good Review, I know this thread isn't active like the owers thread. Still i wanted to say thanks, this review was one I did read before getting the RP.

Ghee-Grose where do you fly the RP? I'm a member at RCRC and have been flying it out there so far. Like having the room for landing as I only have 6 flights on the RP right now.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,475 Posts
Gary and I live in Athens and do most of our flying in that area. Never flown at RCRC.

Andy
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined May 2013
48 Posts
Would a 1800mah work on this?
Also, how would you avoid the belly from being eaten away from numerous landings?
MilNevets is offline Find More Posts by MilNevets
Old May 12, 2013, 04:46 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,475 Posts
Both my Radian and Radian Pro are holding up fine from landing on the grass. There's a few green skidmarks here and there, but structurally, they're holding up just fine. There is a hard plastic skid plate on the bottom that helps some. As long as you're doing good landings, you should be OK.

Just check the specs on the width and thickness of the pack and compare it to the stock battery pack. I'm using 1300mA Nanotech packs and they fit nice and snug. The length won't be an issue, just the width/height of your 1800 pack.

Hope that helps!

Andy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2013, 11:40 PM
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined May 2013
48 Posts
Also, is this plane able to cruise at very low speeds at high altitude with good stability?
MilNevets is offline Find More Posts by MilNevets
Old May 14, 2013, 12:02 AM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,475 Posts
Mine was pretty stable at 3500 feet AGL during one of my LMR flights at SEFF last year, so I'd say "yes!"
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2013, 08:46 AM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
It is a pretty bit of ARF virtual rubbish in reality. Wing flutter is alarming at even moderate speeds, the glider has enormous pretensions that it just can not deliver on, which is not a surprise to any experienced aeromodeller.
Stick with the original Radian or even better, the good old EZG. Even better, build your own thermalling or slope glider instead and learn something a bit deeper.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Aug 21, 2013, 02:56 AM
Joined Aug 2013
15 Posts
I am debating between purchasing a Radian RTF or a Phase 3 Phoenix II RTF. I have access to plenty of parts at local stores for both. Any opinions/recommendations for a novice/intermediate pilot?

Thanks
mooseflyn is offline Find More Posts by mooseflyn
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:22 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,409 Posts
This is a Radian Pro review, that Phoenix looks like 4 channel plane, the Radian is a 3 channel plane. I've never tried that brand but I really think Parkzone are just much better planes.
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
Radian Pro with DX5e

After I wrecked my radian, I salvaged my electronics and placed them on a radian pro fuselage and wings and added the servos for flaps and ailerons. I have the DX5e transmitter. I have the servos on the wings for ailerons and flaps. It looks like I will have control for ailerons and I can control flaps with channel 5. But on my transmitter I had to reverse ail, ele and rud to make it work right. All this is fine except that I want to use the same transmitter for another plane that will have other settings. Is there another way to reverse the settings?
ArtAsh44 is offline Find More Posts by ArtAsh44