HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stonekap, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:16 PM
I direct Josh and Josh
Navarre, OH
Joined May 2010
798 Posts
Mini-Review
Turnigy 9X - REVIEW

Flite Test - REVIEW

The new and improved Turnigy 9x controler from Hobby King is hard to get a hold of, but well worth it for the price. Josh Bixler gets his hands on this controler for the first time. It's packed with features that we're excited to try out.

Flite Test - Turnigy 9X - REVIEW (9 min 46 sec)
stonekap is offline Find More Posts by stonekap
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:48 PM
Fight gravity to the end!
Seattle WA
Joined Mar 2010
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekap View Post
Flite Test - REVIEW

The new and improved Turnigy 9x controler from Hobby King is hard to get a hold of, but well worth it for the price. Josh Bixler gets his hands on this controler for the first time. It's packed with features that we're excited to try out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2MNTEI1iI
Hey guys, first off, I love the reviews. You do an excellent job and I enjoy the perspective differences between Josh the grown up and Josh the little. I bought one based on your reccomendations and I have been anxiously waiting for almost a month. It's about to ship and I can't wait. I have a tornado that I bought from Nitroplanes that I am anxious to use the 9x to give me more accurate control of the swing wing. But I really wanted to ask, in the videos it seems that Josh prefers the spektrum 8 and I don't think I have seen a vid, aside from the review vid of the tx where he is using the 9x. Is there a reason for this? I also wanted to ask if aside from the terminology issues in the menu, if there have been any other problems that you have run into with this radio?

Thanks again for the vids. Very entertaining and informative.

Ron
snafu_u is offline Find More Posts by snafu_u
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:46 AM
I direct Josh and Josh
Navarre, OH
Joined May 2010
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu_u View Post
Hey guys, first off, I love the reviews. You do an excellent job and I enjoy the perspective differences between Josh the grown up and Josh the little. I bought one based on your reccomendations and I have been anxiously waiting for almost a month. It's about to ship and I can't wait. I have a tornado that I bought from Nitroplanes that I am anxious to use the 9x to give me more accurate control of the swing wing. But I really wanted to ask, in the videos it seems that Josh prefers the spektrum 8 and I don't think I have seen a vid, aside from the review vid of the tx where he is using the 9x. Is there a reason for this? I also wanted to ask if aside from the terminology issues in the menu, if there have been any other problems that you have run into with this radio?

Thanks again for the vids. Very entertaining and informative.

Ron
Hi Ron,
The 9x is wonderful for the price. But Josh owns a DX8 and he likes it a lot. Not to mention he already owned about 15 Spektrum RXs.
I doubt you'll be disappointed with the 9X.
-Chad
stonekap is offline Find More Posts by stonekap
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:20 AM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for this review! I was wondering you had been disassembling that TX before the review, because there is a large gap showing at the top of the unit? Or did it come from the factory that way?

Another question; I would like to use this system for plug-and-play airframes but if possible also for bind-and-fly planes that use spectrum dsm2 receivers. I heard about a spectrum module for this transmitter; is that a simple drop-in module that plugs into that slot on the back of the transmitter?

Thanks,
Sandor
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Last edited by Schermvlieger; Mar 19, 2011 at 04:52 AM.