SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:26 PM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Help!
Ice 100 settings for a Hacker A50-16S???

This is mounted into my 65" 3DHS Vyper and was looking for the preferred Ice settings. I ran a static test with a Turnigy 18-8 prop and pulled 1629 watts on 6s 5000 Turnigy 30C packs.

Just looking for general starting parameters to keep the motor from running too hot till I get a chance to get some logs and check them out.

Thanks,

Tom
litespeed is offline Find More Posts by litespeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 08:53 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,445 Posts
i would say basic settings would be 8khz, low timing. thats all that really matters. oh, and i would turn LVC as low as possible
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 04, 2011, 10:24 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
those are about the same watt meter readings I get on my identical setup on my identical plane

the hacker will run warm...it only really bothers me in the summer, so I just do the finger for five second test and give it a good cool down period if it's too hot. even so, I've been in a hurry to get "one more flight" and flown anyway with a hot motor. no noticeable effect.

oh, and I did exactly what Birk said. default settings, LVC as low as possible.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:54 PM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Thanks to both of you for the responses. It seems this set-up in generally putting out about 1650 watts from other responses so I guess I'm good to go. Can't wait to get this monster in the air....

Tom
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:52 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,653 Posts
litespeed,
the only thing I will add is that I've been meaning to try a Xoar 18x10 prop on my Vyper. the xoars have been known to make a few more watts and a bit more thrust than their turnigy counterparts.

I know from using xoars on other planes that I generally find their throttle response "feel" to be more pleasing than the cheaper turnigys...
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 05, 2011, 06:06 AM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
I'll prolly try some Xoar props after I get my feet wet so to speak. Planes have always made me nervous......I'm a mild 3D heli pilot. I wanted to get the biggest cheapest great flying plane up in the air to keep the nerves at bay. The cheaper I go in the beginning the faster I can learn moves. I already have my eye on the 70" & 89" Slick!!!

I also have a Turnigy 17-10 and 18-10. I just don't know enough about props being a inexperienced pilot to which I will like better in the air. I installed the one that it appears to be the most common size and figured I'd experiment from there.

Tom
Old Jan 05, 2011, 08:05 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
I'll prolly try some Xoar props after I get my feet wet so to speak. Planes have always made me nervous......I'm a mild 3D heli pilot. I wanted to get the biggest cheapest great flying plane up in the air to keep the nerves at bay. The cheaper I go in the beginning the faster I can learn moves. I already have my eye on the 70" & 89" Slick!!!

I also have a Turnigy 17-10 and 18-10. I just don't know enough about props being a inexperienced pilot to which I will like better in the air. I installed the one that it appears to be the most common size and figured I'd experiment from there.

Tom
you will find out really fast that the most common size will probably work best for you. there is a reason we all use a certain prop
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption