to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:41 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Mar 2011
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey NY View Post
So how will this 182 fly with a 2 blade prop? If i look to save on some runtime, and drop down to a 11x9 or even 10x7 SF will that work?

David
If you can go with a 12x9, thats what the prop with mine came with, but a 12x9 can be real hard to find. But check this out, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386848
GJOsik is offline Find More Posts by GJOsik
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:41 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysohigh View Post
have you had a problem with the servos?
I did, the rudder servo stopped working on the second flight, locked into a left turn position making the plane very hard to bring back (kept skidding as I needed a fair bit of aileron and elevator or she would corkscrew down). Afterwords I noticed the elevator servo was exactly the same and replaced it too. I left the aileron servos stock just because of lack of spare servos, but it's on the RC-too-do list.
The plane had a minor crash breaking a prop and pushing in the firewall a bit when the rudder did that on me. I repaired the firewall using hot glue from the inside (wing off, hand in fuse dropping hot glue), threw on the spare prop, changed two servos and she flies good as new.
Also the tissue thin cowling is a little crinkly on the one side but not enough to warrant replacing it, minor damage. Just gives her some bush bashing character

Great flying plane, the wing loading is dreamy and she's decent in the wind. Also acrobatic, very unscale if you bang the stick around for a cessna which can be fun!

EDIT: also regarding the servos on the version 1 plane, they really are cruddy little no-name things. A little smaller than your normal 9G servo. I had to dremmel the servo tray a little to get some extra ParkZone SV80 servos in there (which are better but not great).
If I change them again I would use some Hobby King Hextronik HXT900 9G. They are only a few bucks each and work a treat in my 70mm EDF. They'll handle anything this Cessna will throw at it and very easy on the pocket book.
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Last edited by Ispintechno; Apr 30, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:12 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
995 Posts
i had my first mishap today after a few dozen flight,in mid flight EVERYTHING shut down.went nose dive down,im fixing her but she wont look pretty when im done. i dont know if the RX unbinded or the esc is taking a crap,cause all the electronics are working now. think i will pick up another 182
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:32 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Sounds like a brown-out. Could be a bad lipo, or the connection came loose in flight. I'm not too fond of those red banana connectors or what ever they are called. NP insists on shipping their planes with 'em. I usually cut them off and solder on EC3s (ala parkzone). Makes batteries interchangeable for me which makes sense.
Sorry to hear about the happening
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:45 PM
Miami Fl
Joined Feb 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
i had my first mishap today after a few dozen flight,in mid flight EVERYTHING shut down.went nose dive down,im fixing her but she wont look pretty when im done. i dont know if the RX unbinded or the esc is taking a crap,cause all the electronics are working now. think i will pick up another 182

fimd out if its the receiver or the esc because i just got the new version, let me know
flysohigh is offline Find More Posts by flysohigh
Old May 01, 2011, 06:06 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
995 Posts
well i am going to put a better ESC in and when i buy my new 182 i will change the ESC out again. for a RX i was using a AR7000 and the lipo only had 5 cycles on it
Old May 01, 2011, 11:22 AM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
That's why my Dynam 182 has a Spektrum AR7000.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old May 01, 2011, 12:03 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
What radio and battery does the RTF version come with?
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...e-rtf-24g.html

The description has conflicting info so I trust actual buyers more than NP:
Full function 4 Channel Futaba compatible transmitter with mixing: Aileron control, Elevator control, Rudder, and Throttle.

Control System: 2.4Ghz 6 CH Multi-functional FHSS Radio Transmitter and 6 CH Micro Receiver

I'm hoping someone who bought the $170 version can link the radio and battery, charger etc that comes with. If its the Fly-Sky 2.4G CT6B 6-Channel Transmitter+Receiver for $32 and an $8 2200 3c battery, I'll just get http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...-blue-arf.html for $130 and use my own gear.

And are the motor, Esc and servos even worth the getting over this? http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...-blue-kit.html I already have too many 40A esc, 36 to 55mm motors and HXT-900 servos. I really like the idea of RTF, but do most of you end up swapping out the electronics for something you trust? From the threads I've seen that seems to be the case. Thanks for the advice.
RedLine19k is offline Find More Posts by RedLine19k
Old May 01, 2011, 12:55 PM
Miami Fl
Joined Feb 2011
176 Posts
i have the 129.99 model i just put together on friday, its a great plane have not flew it yet too windy in south florida these days, i added my futaba fasst receiver and the esc i was thinking on changing it because others say they have lost the planes due to glitches and they cannot figure out if its the battery they are using, esc or receiver. I believe the receiver is the most important thing to change, i will leave the 30amp esc and see how it does. BTW the manual for the esc says 3-4s lipo when i called nitroplanes their product support knows NOTHING about these planes (heck i even got a female once that didnt even know what a 4ch receiver does) NP said the arf does not come with a pilot figure and it did, they also said the lights were connected somehow with the aileron cables and they are not. AIRFIELD is a great manufacturer i can see so far this cessna is great quality and i will not hesitate to get me an airfield warbird next 1400mm series. NITROPLANES REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRODUCT THEY SELL BEFORE THEY MISINFORM PEOPLE....
flysohigh is offline Find More Posts by flysohigh
Old May 01, 2011, 01:54 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
That's why my Dynam 182 has a Spektrum AR7000.
I have a ar7000 with the remote rx mounted in the cockpit
Old May 01, 2011, 03:04 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
995 Posts
i use the skylipos 3s 2200 MAH 30C and it gives plenty of power for the 182.
Old May 01, 2011, 03:56 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine19k View Post
What radio and battery does the RTF version come with?
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...e-rtf-24g.html

The description has conflicting info so I trust actual buyers more than NP:
Full function 4 Channel Futaba compatible transmitter with mixing: Aileron control, Elevator control, Rudder, and Throttle.

Control System: 2.4Ghz 6 CH Multi-functional FHSS Radio Transmitter and 6 CH Micro Receiver

I'm hoping someone who bought the $170 version can link the radio and battery, charger etc that comes with. If its the Fly-Sky 2.4G CT6B 6-Channel Transmitter+Receiver for $32 and an $8 2200 3c battery, I'll just get http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...-blue-arf.html for $130 and use my own gear.

And are the motor, Esc and servos even worth the getting over this? http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...-blue-kit.html I already have too many 40A esc, 36 to 55mm motors and HXT-900 servos. I really like the idea of RTF, but do most of you end up swapping out the electronics for something you trust? From the threads I've seen that seems to be the case. Thanks for the advice.
I just go mine about a month ago.

it came with an Airfield transmitter.
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
Old May 01, 2011, 04:24 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
That's true FlysoHigh. Tough for any company or employee to know everything about everything, but some obviously do better than others. For some reason, they never say "I don't know" and seem to think providing any answer, even wrong ones, is good customer service. It gets people off the phone, I guess. Luckily, anyone looking for information will end up here and find people willing to help.

I think the $130 version will work. The motor and ESC seem to be decent, I'll just add a UBEC to be safe and check the servos well.

The updated P-51 is what brought my attention to the Airfield planes. I really like the way they keep adding improvements. LEDs and flaps are a nice touch. I'd love to get http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a51-p51...-eretract.html but knowing there's now an FMS 6 (Airfield 3?) version. I have to wait for that.
RedLine19k is offline Find More Posts by RedLine19k
Old May 01, 2011, 06:37 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
995 Posts
has anyone ever used a the castle creation bec?its small,and can you use a 2s lipo on it? will a external BEC eliminate a brown out?