SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GimpyPilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 04:37 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Discussion
1st week of heli flying

Well, I and my new Blade 120SR have both survived a week of flying.

I really like the challenge from flying the heli, even though with fixed pitch and a 45 degree flybar it is fairly benign. I have nose-out hovering, and nose-left hovering down pretty well. Nose-in and nose-right are still a struggle, as is flying outdoors, but it is a tough little bird.

I have hit 40 flights now, about 4 hours of flight time. I can take off and land from small areas (maybe twice the size of the rotor disc).

I finally managed to throw a control link from the flybar to the rotor head in a crash in the living room, and have had to replace one lost body grommet, but other than that it just keeps on ticking.

Great little bird, I recommend it for anyone wanting to get into heli flight.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
to remove ads between posts