SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:33 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,540 Posts
Question
OEM A9 Screen Protector

There was some discussion in the big A9 thread about screen protectors. During the discussion someone suggested that the screen protector that came with the A9 was not meant to be left on. Is that correct? I have the protectors from RCSreen Protectors to replace it if necessary.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora 9 - Screen Protector & Intermittent Screen Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
There was some discussion in the big A9 thread about screen protectors. During the discussion someone suggested that the screen protector that came with the A9 was not meant to be left on. Is that correct? I have the protectors from RCSreen Protectors to replace it if necessary.
. Individual choice.

The screen protector as fitted on receipt of an Aurora, is to protect the screen during assembly and shipping.
Some users, myself included, leave the factory film on any model of TX as long as possible,
others remove the film for aesthetics/clearer screen or replace with a thicker aftermarket unit immediately.

09Jan11 added :
Known aftermarket screen protectors, there may be other suppliers.
. RC Screen Protectors
. Garrett H - Aurora 9 Screen Protectors - (included RC Groups thread on how to fit.)

02 Jul 2012 added:
. Problems with Intermittent Screen Changing or Cursor jumping?
"Firmware verson has no such effect.
It is possible if the screen protector has "crept" moved to one side and is putting pressure in
various spots or the screen has moved slightly and pressure is being put on screen by case. "

09 Sep 2012 added:
. Aurora 9 Touch Screen problems
"Possibly residual pressure on some point of the screen.
Is any screen protector still in place or bunching in any area thus putting additional pressure
on the screen which could try to activate an icon when pressure applied to one inline with the pressure point"
Also try loosening and re-tightening case screws in case Tx has been dropped and case sides/screen shifted.

1st Mar 2014 added:
. Aurora 9 - Monitor Icons Jitter [no Optima turned thus feedback is eliminated.
"So I finally got my radio back from the Hitec rep. Says that the only reason it's doing that is because of the sub-trims set too high. For example, my elevator sub-trim was at -50.
He said that when the sub-trim are out by so much the radio can have mental issues (my words, not his) and can even freeze up completely. "

see also:
. Aurora 9 - Screen Polarised Filter. View at angle when using Polaroid type sunglasses in bright sunlight .
. Aurora 9 - Screen Sensitivity & Recalibration - Pressure switches, not capacitive,
. use either Stylus provided or very tip of finger for best results.
. Aurora 9 - Screen Touchlock - Included upgrade from V1.05 to V1.06

In need, contact direct:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. (- Closed Weekends)
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 01, 2014 at 02:51 AM. Reason: update
Old Jan 03, 2011, 03:48 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Individual choice.
The screen protector as fitted on receipt of an Aurora, is to protect the screen during assembly and shipping. Some users, myself included, leave the factory film on any model of TX as long as possible. Others remove the film for aesthetics or replace with a thicker aftermarket unit immediately.

Alan T.
Thanks Alan. FWIW I measured the OEM protector and it is .08mm. The ones from RC Screens is .16mm. The OEM protector works fine for me and I see no reason to remove it until worn.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Jan 08, 2011, 01:57 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
I am sticking with the OEM screen protector myself. No need for after market unit since the included one works quite well.

IMO, it is down to individual choice.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Jan 08, 2011, 03:12 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,225 Posts
Well, I did notice that I could see the screen a whole lot clearer when I pulled the OEM protector off.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122