Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:39 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds47588 View Post
Dynam 3-bladed prop and spinner. About a $15.00 upgrade and 3 min tops. Merely remove the old and replace with this setup. The Dynam prop has their logo on each blade in bright yellow. I first painted the prop flat black and then added the white tips to mine. To be true to scale they are "slashing" the wrong way...but really who would notice. All the electronics are stock from the box.
I got a Dynam 3-blade, but it was too heavy and blew out the stock ESC.

Can you provide a link to the exact one you are using? I am dying to get a 3-blade prop on mine. Makes it look a hundred times better, and more scale!
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:57 PM
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
Here is what another forum member purchased and then I got the same one.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...op-p-1610.html
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...er-p-1317.html
mds47588 is offline Find More Posts by mds47588
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:24 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Here is what another forum member purchased and then I got the same one.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...op-p-1610.html
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...er-p-1317.html
Great, thanks!

Looks like it's currently out of stock, but hopefully I'll be able to track it down somewhere...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:36 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,995 Posts
Anybody know of alternative motors and mounts that work well with the cessna? Mine has literally done a helicopter impersonation twice because the brittle motor mount plastic has gone.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
good plane

My cessna 350 was given to me by someone that won it. I love the plane. Flies great. I did have the problem with one wing being twisted and had to use left aileron stick for first few flights. Finally got problem fixed. However the front gear broke on a landing a few days ago. You cannot replace the front gear even though you can buy the gear. You have to buy the complete fuselage with gear installed. Not a good feature.
woodworker30 is offline Find More Posts by woodworker30
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:40 PM
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Dec 2011
162 Posts
woodworker30...not sure where it's at in this thread, but someone posted details on how to replace the nose gear only.
mds47588 is offline Find More Posts by mds47588
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:11 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,105 Posts
Nose Gear / wheel replacement

Quote:
woodworker30...not sure where it's at in this thread, but someone posted details on how to replace the nose gear only.
Try page 22 post 325. I'm at the same point replacing mine but still waiting on the parts from HK. Check out the postings a few pages back for some pictures and parts ordered (Thanks to StarHopper44). You're right, you can order the part but installing it is tough to impossible and probably better to swap out the nose gear as I plan to do. FlyZone advised me not to remove the lower cowling so that leaves replacing the entire fuselage with the nose wheel/ gear installed but still doesn't solve the delicate nose gear problem innate to the design. Good luck.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:33 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,673 Posts
Haven't seen the nose strut problem 1st hand so can only imagine. But methinks some of you who've had it might be able to suggest some pre-emptive action(s) that'd help the rest of us beef up whatever's breaking so it won't. Any suggestions?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:16 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,105 Posts
Nose gear replacement, beefing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Haven't seen the nose strut problem 1st hand so can only imagine. But methinks some of you who've had it might be able to suggest some pre-emptive action(s) that'd help the rest of us beef up whatever's breaking so it won't. Any suggestions?
I haven't made the repair yet, still waiting for parts. But I would recommend replacing the stock nosewheel and pants. Mine broke off where the strut enters the pant, breaking off the threaded part and the nut that holds the pant on. The remaining part of the nosewheel strut seems solid enough but somehow I need to marry up that with a new section of strut with a nosewheel attached.

I purposely chose not to use a panted nosewheel because of the problem reattaching it when they break and also the problems that come with the pants clogging up with grass clippings. Had the design connected the strut directly to the nosewheel via an attached axle (not the pant), I don't think this problem would exist. I know my plane won't be scale after that but I bought it to fly and I need a more solid nosewheel to do that.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:15 PM
Addicted to my hobby
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
Hey guys,
I bought a Corvalis a couple of weeks ago and went out for the maiden last weekend. I wasn't too happy with the way this plane flew and I can see that many of you have had good experiences so I'm wondering if it's my setup.
Right off the bat I noticed that the plane "balloons" as soon as you feed the power. My first thought was the flaps must not be adjusted correctly. Maybe they are slightly down too far. They are inline with the ailerons which are inline with the wing and flat to the bottom of the wing. Is this the correct position? This was really my only complaint. It flies nice at 1/2 throttle and even putting around. Landing was smooth and uneventful. It's just flying with any kind of speed means fighting the nose and it really feels kinda heavy on the controls. CG is set at the mid point so I think I could maybe adjust it back slightly.

LMK if you have any recommendations.
Sweetrex is offline Find More Posts by Sweetrex
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:25 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetrex View Post
Right off the bat I noticed that the plane "balloons" as soon as you feed the power. My first thought was the flaps must not be adjusted correctly. Maybe they are slightly down too far. They are inline with the ailerons which are inline with the wing and flat to the bottom of the wing. Is this the correct position?
That's how mine is set up. What about the elevator though?

Can you do mixing on your radio? All else fails, you could mix in some elevator with throttle...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:07 PM
Addicted to my hobby
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
Yeah, I suppose so. That always seems like the "cheat" method to me though. Seems like it should be able to fly w/o mixing. If all else fails, I'll do that.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:10 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetrex View Post
Yeah, I suppose so. That always seems like the "cheat" method to me though. Seems like it should be able to fly w/o mixing. If all else fails, I'll do that.
I wouldn't say that. Some full scale airplanes have to adjust elevator trim based on speed, if my understanding is correct.

It's just the nature of aerodynamics.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted to my hobby
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
That's how mine is set up. What about the elevator though?

Can you do mixing on your radio? All else fails, you could mix in some elevator with throttle...
I just needed confirmation that the method I used was the correct way. I always start with the simple things first.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
Addicted to my hobby
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
I wouldn't say that. Some full scale airplanes have to adjust elevator trim based on speed, if my understanding is correct.
You're right about that.