SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:12 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Not only is this plane loads of fun but it's DURABLE! My 70 pound dog literally stepped on the right wing with all of her weight while chasing it on the takeoff roll (don't ask). I thought for sure my flying was done for the day. Instead, I brushed off the pebbles from the pavement and outside of some minor road rash, she was back in the air without a hitch!

This has replaced my Parkzone Corsair as my Official Favorite Plane In My Hangar To Throw In The Back of My Car and Go Fly.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 11:47 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
I recently got one of these and have a question (I have not assembled mine yet). Have any of you disassembled the wing repeatedly? If so, is it ok doing that. I bought it because we travel a lot and I liked that I could disassemble it and put it back in the box for traveling. Would you expect any wear or problems doing that?

Thanks
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Feb 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Yes the wing is merely screwed in. It's great for those needing the extra space when hauling. I don't really see any problems with wear. The only hassle is having to constantly screw and unscrew several different points. The landing gear has to be taken off as well since the mains are in the way of the wing. So you are actually having to remove both LG and wing every time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2011, 06:56 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
Thanks!!
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:59 AM
Joined Feb 2011
9 Posts
I'm looking for another low wing plane. I had the Parkzone Corsair but want something a little bit quicker, how does this one compare to the Corsair in speed?
ads8525 is offline Find More Posts by ads8525
Old Feb 08, 2011, 12:25 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
It's about the same, maybe even a bit slower than the Corsair stock. It's not a speed demon that's for sure. More for cruising and scale flying, IMO.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
9 Posts
Okay, I am fairly new to the electrics so I'm not familar with the motors, ESC and how other components are effect when I do upgrade. Here's my question, if I want more speed from this little plane how do I get it, best way? Do I change the motor? If so, how can I tell if the motor is faster? If I change the motor how do I know if I need to change the ESC? I don't need this thing to go super fast but I would like to notch it up a little bit.
ads8525 is offline Find More Posts by ads8525
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:58 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
I would look at the specs of the stock setup. Generally (and I am far from an expert in electric setup, in fact I prefer to fly and decipher the technical stuff from those who know what they are talking about, lol) the lower the KV rating on the motor the faster it will be. Find a motor that is in the same class as this stock motor and beef it up by lowering the KV rating. In other words, find a motor that is similar in physical dimensions but lower KV rating. Then find out what ESCs work best with that motor.

I would upgrade the motor/ESC together. The 2200 3S will still work fine with whatever setup you go with (within reason based on this being a light foamy).

There are hundreds of folks in this forum that know their stuff when it comes to the electrical components. Me? I'm still stuck on Electrical 101.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:09 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
This is only available as a receiver ready plane?
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:10 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
That I'm not sure...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:59 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Wow... I just happened to bump into finding this plane on You Tube last night and it's got my drooling. I've been thinking about what plane to buy next and so far I've been leaning heavily towards something more laid back like the Stinson Reliant. But then I saw this plane and now I think my mind is made up.

I've only been into RC planes since late December (right after Christmas when I had some free time on my hands and bought a plane on a whim) and I've been hooked ever since. So far I have the HZ Champ (first plane), the HZ Super Cub (which I just finished modding to work with my DX6i and I also upgraded to brushless - Park 480 motor), and the Parkzone T-28. I love all the planes that I have but the Super Cub holds a special place in my fleet because it's so relaxing to fly. I also have a blast with my T-28 but someimtes I just want to fly something more scale/sport like a Cessna or a bigger Champ (which is another plane I was considering).

Your comments on how well she flies and especially the slow flight characteristics have certainly piqued my interest!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one soon and I can't wait to fly it.

So far, from this thread I gather that I just need a receiver and some batteries right? It sounds like I can also use my existing Parkzone 2200 batteries and I assume I can drop a spektrum receiver in there with no issues right?

What ESC is in there? More specifically, what sort of connectors are on it? Is it EC3 so I can use it with my PZ batteries or will I need to solder a new EC3 connector onto it?

Thanks in advance and I apologize for all the questions.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:06 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Yup, just batts and a rx...I'm not sure what the ESC brand is...It's a 25amp I believe...I'll have to check out the connection when I get home...

It's a great 2nd or 3rd plane for someone starting out. Definitely not a trainer but if you have the basics down of 4-channel flight then she's a lot of fun.

Be sure to read the review on it from the main page too!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Yup, just batts and a rx...I'm not sure what the ESC brand is...It's a 25amp I believe...I'll have to check out the connection when I get home...

It's a great 2nd or 3rd plane for someone starting out. Definitely not a trainer but if you have the basics down of 4-channel flight then she's a lot of fun.

Be sure to read the review on it from the main page too!
Thanks - yes, I read the review and it sounds great. How do you think this plane would compare to the Parkzone Stinson Reliant?

I really like the looks of the Cessna much better and I love that it has flaps and navigation lights right out of the box so I'm definitely leaning towards the Cessna.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:57 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Not sure on the Reliant. Both have plenty of wing surface...You may get a bit more ground effect from the Corvalis from the low wing profile but nothing too noticeable. The Reliant may be a more trainer-like and slow flying where the Corvalis demands a bit more throttle plus it has tricycle gear which is easier for beginners versus taildraggers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:35 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,150 Posts
there are several threads on the stinson-have you read them?-i highly suggest..
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph