HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Discussion
BlitzRCWorks BZ-16 Pro 3D

Anyone looked one of these? http://www.bananahobby.com/2120.html

The are currently taking pre-orders and at $105 for PNP I couldn't resist!

Main Description from link:
We here at Banana Hobby listened to your feedback and along with one of the top manufacturers, we are releasing the next generation of EDF aircrafts with this SUPER F-16! We have taken all the performance of the larger more intriquette models and scaled this F-16 down to a perfect no hassle park flier size! At just over 29.5" wingspan, this F-16 is the most Bang For the Buck ever! The absolute stability and performace of this F-16 is amazing! This is the first F-16 of this size offering FULL 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring! She does some of the coolest and wildest tumbles, flat spins, and what I call EDF3D! We did not spare any expense in the development of this F-16! Great and reliable electronics, and EPO Foam construction! Super scale appearance and performance! The SUPER SCALE main gears are strong metal material with a Super Scale Plastic outer shell to simulate the real size F-16! They are easy to remove and she can be hand launced with ease! This is one of my most favorite care free EDF's by far! Get yourself this F-16 and be ready for some Exciting Flights! Be the attention at your local field!
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2011, 10:14 PM
skunkworks
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2008
1,536 Posts
Yes I saw it it looks great , I like the black and green one. Seems like a great deal on it. I cannot get one though because I blew my wad at x-mas Let us know how she flies, what color scheme did you order?
Dark Angel is offline Find More Posts by Dark Angel
Old Jan 01, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
I went with the Black Checker they call it, the one in the video. Going to put in a spectrum 6CH knock off Rx and run the Turnigy nano tech 4S 2200 25C battery (ordered 2 from HK) so I'll have about $170 in it total including two batteries and shipping.

This will be my first EDF so I'm a little concerned I'm going to big to fast, but I figure conquering the PZ Extra 300 with the stock wing setup I can handle flying fast. I've also got an upgraded PZ P51 that is quite fast but getting too slow for me.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:00 AM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Miz,
How do you get that total cost - can you show per item cost?
I cant find those darn batteries on HK - god i hate their search function.
Did you talk to BH about a real delivery date?
texbird is offline Find More Posts by texbird
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
They moved the estimated delivery date from "Early January" to "Late January" and after talking to folks on this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...305906&page=15 I decided that it wasn't a good first EDF and canceled my order and when with this instead: http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...r-edf-24g.html

It's basically a knock-off Habu.

I was going to use these batteries in the F-16 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11912 but will re purpose them for my PZ Extra 300 and ordered some 3300 of the same type for the Meteor.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:13 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
This is our new F-16! Keeping the retail cost down while keeping all the cool features! The video shows the performance with all box stock electronics and my own JR for avionics. Inverted alpha is so stable!

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:03 AM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,793 Posts
I ordered one also. There's a foot of snow on the ground, so I can wait. For $100, I'm willing to be the guinea pig. lol
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:57 AM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Pete, the black looks very cool, but how is the visibility? I bet its a bear to orient? which would you say is easiest to see - thunderbird? The 6 ch transmitter - does it have expo & mix?
texbird is offline Find More Posts by texbird
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:25 PM
Brookfield, IL
Joined Aug 2009
40 Posts
Has anyone recieved this plane yet ? For that price I think im going to place my order .
JET747 is offline Find More Posts by JET747
Old Feb 08, 2011, 12:24 AM
Texas
Joined Jul 2001
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET747 View Post
Has anyone recieved this plane yet ? For that price I think im going to place my order .
Mine should have arrived on Friday (02/04). But is currently being held up at the Dallas UPS Hub, due to adverse weather conditions. Well, I live in the area, and the snow and ice has all melted now, but UPS still hasn't been able to process the backlog of deliveries, caused by the weather last week. Hopefully, I will receive my F-16 sometime this week?
HardAbz is offline Find More Posts by HardAbz
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:32 AM
TAIPEI COUNTY,TAIWAN
Joined Dec 2005
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
Anyone looked one of these? http://www.bananahobby.com/2120.html

The are currently taking pre-orders and at $105 for PNP I couldn't resist!

Main Description from link:
We here at Banana Hobby listened to your feedback and along with one of the top manufacturers, we are releasing the next generation of EDF aircrafts with this SUPER F-16! We have taken all the performance of the larger more intriquette models and scaled this F-16 down to a perfect no hassle park flier size! At just over 29.5" wingspan, this F-16 is the most Bang For the Buck ever! The absolute stability and performace of this F-16 is amazing! This is the first F-16 of this size offering FULL 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring! She does some of the coolest and wildest tumbles, flat spins, and what I call EDF3D! We did not spare any expense in the development of this F-16! Great and reliable electronics, and EPO Foam construction! Super scale appearance and performance! The SUPER SCALE main gears are strong metal material with a Super Scale Plastic outer shell to simulate the real size F-16! They are easy to remove and she can be hand launced with ease! This is one of my most favorite care free EDF's by far! Get yourself this F-16 and be ready for some Exciting Flights! Be the attention at your local field!
This one?
STARMAX F-16 EDF (3 min 39 sec)
seals666tw is offline Find More Posts by seals666tw
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:57 AM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,793 Posts
Mine just came. I haven't unboxed it yet because I'm at work, but I'll post some pics as soon as I can.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:07 AM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,793 Posts
Ok, unpacked the box. Found some issues, but it's only $100, so I can't complain too much.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:10 AM
Too many numbers
United States, OH, Troy
Joined Oct 2010
1,793 Posts
The issues I have relate to how parts were installed. Instead of glue, they used that stringy packing tape. The magnets that hold the canopy/battery cover on were taped in place, and the magnets came right off when I took it off. The ESC is taped in place as well, and one side of it came loose. Pretty easy fixes, but strange that they chose to do it that way. It came with glue, so perhaps it was like that on purpose so you can glue it yourself.

Overall, for $100, it's a steal. We still have over a foot of snow on the runway at our field, but we have a week of "warm" weather coming up that should get the runway clear. I got a nano-tech 2650 mAh 25-50C battery for it, 4S. Should be good. I'll post some more photos when I put it together.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hurst, Texas USA
Joined Jan 2002
704 Posts
Thank you for posting the details on the kit you received. I am very interested in this one !
RPatrick is offline Find More Posts by RPatrick