Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:53 AM
United States, VA, Bedford
Joined Sep 2006
2,018 Posts
Question
Can I replace the trainer toggle switch with a DPDT toggle switch in a Futaba EX6AP?

I'm going to install the FrSky 2.4 DIY Hack module into my Futaba EX6AP. When I install it I would like to leave the 72 mhz stuff operational so I can still use all my existing 72 mhz receivers. Directions on how to make the conversion and still have access to both transmitting types (though not at the same time) that have been covered here in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1113741

Instead of adding another toggle switch to the radio, I'd like to replace the trainer jack toggle switch with a DPDT toggle switch so I can switch between 72mhz and 2.4 ghz.

I don't need the trainer port, so is there any reason I need to leave it in the radio? I'm tempted to disconnect the trainer switch out and see if the radio still works, but thought it might be more prudent to ask here first because I don't want to mess up the board that transmits the FM signal.

Shawn
shawn595 is offline Find More Posts by shawn595
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn595 View Post
I'm going to install the FrSky 2.4 DIY Hack module into my Futaba EX6AP. When I install it I would like to leave the 72 mhz stuff operational so I can still use all my existing 72 mhz receivers. Directions on how to make the conversion and still have access to both transmitting types (though not at the same time) that have been covered here in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1113741
Instead of adding another toggle switch to the radio, I'd like to replace the trainer jack toggle switch with a DPDT toggle switch so I can switch between 72mhz and 2.4 ghz. I don't need the trainer port, so is there any reason I need to leave it in the radio? I'm tempted to disconnect the trainer switch out and see if the radio still works, but thought it might be more prudent to ask here first because I don't want to mess up the board that transmits the FM signal. Shawn
Not a direct answer, but
"Adding switch to T6EX" has a number of detailed pictures on re-wiring and replacing switches on the 6EX series of transmitters.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 04:50 PM
United States, VA, Bedford
Joined Sep 2006
2,018 Posts
Thanks for the link. From what I've gathered from the post by "The CrAwLL BLACK" it's perfectly safe to remove the trainer switch from the radio. I'm going to slowly make changes in increments to see how things are working out.

Thanks!
Shawn
shawn595 is offline Find More Posts by shawn595