HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
FlipF5D
Joined Nov 2007
146 Posts
Yes, Swist Pro has smaller fuse.
Same size like an Avionik. So 5s 2200mAh (One pcs pack ) is the limit.
Wing Shape is also a little bit diffrent. All parts are realy high quality and very light. So donīt be afraid- order one

Br

Jens
FlipF5D is offline Find More Posts by FlipF5D
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:20 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipF5D View Post
Yes, Swist Pro has smaller fuse.
Same size like an Avionik. So 5s 2200mAh (One pcs pack ) is the limit.
Wing Shape is also a little bit diffrent. All parts are realy high quality and very light. So donīt be afraid- order one

Br

Jens
Order normal or pro?

May be that if i put a outrunner external....pro is a good solution for the internal space...
The wight ready to fly i have see in some photo is 1050gr how possible ...very light!
magrinsi is online now Find More Posts by magrinsi
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:25 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Terry, lets no get toooo much of the good talk ye t, and compare to much to the German speed guys, they have different measure technique and would certainly not approve Mopars doppler results based from a video flying the way Doug does and compare to their official speeds. from what I have senn, YES, the Swist is as fast maybee fastest so far electric?, VooDoo has test a hole new level for sure, he is the man to thank for all this effort and job , BUT we have to be careful with claimed speeds yet, as from what I can see there are many tops and dips in the way Doug flyes, nothing wrong with that, but from a doppler view of perspective, well, its more to analyze, all Im saying.
By that meaning I think the results would be greater=faster, if flown different , and I am also saying the way Doug flyes make it hard and fair to dopler correct if that is important. hope you understand what Im trying to get threw here

Doug, for me, please, make ONE run or TWO, from height, build up speed, level the plane out before you go pass, then go straight pass the runway al close you can without jeperdize any danger, and keep throttle full after the pass for 2-3 seconds straight and level, THEN if you want to gain hight after that pass or make the turn, release throttle as this will show clear in doppler curve, making it a none fault reading ...

Oh , and do it only if you want self, dont make me force you into something that feels dangereous or unsafe.. now this would be a analyze doppler dream to do.. as it would not only show more true speed, but I think it will be the fastest doppler speed we could get also

Oh,Doug, keep the same cutdown apc prop if you are going for the perfect doppler speed-run..

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Just go 6S,it fits in the X......1800mah 6S 2X4 will give you an insane minute of flying ....and Thanks.
I'll just save my pennies and get something else. I'm having fun with the X the way it is playing with reshaping props. Friend of mine who has some trick reshaping did a Graupner 4.7/4.7 the other day and it quick and quiet.
Plus playing with aerodynamics, cooling, and how the heck the F5D guys go so fast with their power limitation.
We've ordered some more props from Graupner to work on and I ordered some from Ben.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Last edited by Chuchuf; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Terry, lets no get toooo much of the good talk ye t, and compare to much to the German speed guys, they have different measure technique and would certainly not approve Mopars doppler results based from a video flying the way Doug does and compare to their official speeds. from what I have senn,
Sebbe
I'm sure they will be on here soon to show us the error of our ways.

lol

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:03 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
If this setup i am running is not truelly in the mid 230's...I GIVE UP ! ....and Sebbe,that day i did that video,the sun was right in my face to the left,so bad it scared me a few times cause the plane turned into a black dot,plus i have never flown that fast and the plane was getting away from me a bit.....I have a couple more flights on it,so i am a bit more used to it,and the lipos seem a bit stronger after a couple flights,more to come........but for now i have to go give enough money to build 3 running F5D planes to get my Van back in running condition
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magrinsi View Post
Order normal or pro?

May be that if i put a outrunner external....pro is a good solution for the internal space...
The wight ready to fly i have see in some photo is 1050gr how possible ...very light!
Swist pro if you want to fit single 1800 to 2200mah 5S,or Swist if you want 2700mah 5S,or 2200 6S and lots of room to work.They will both be great,just depends how much room you want.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
832 Posts
Sebbe: without knowing either the radius of the flight path or how far from the camera the flight path is you cannot calculate an accurate speed. How far off will it be? That depends on curvature and distance from the camera.

As a sidenote, I got the rcspeedo app to try out some time ago. I measured a plane at 110mph straight and level and by curving the flight path I was able to get it to read 133mph.

Anybody looked at a scorpion 3226-1400? I have measured it and it will fit perfectly in a jolt with about 1cm cut off the nose, I suspect a swist is similarly shaped?
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:12 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit View Post
As a sidenote, I got the rcspeedo app to try out some time ago. I measured a plane at 110mph straight and level and by curving the flight path I was able to get it to read 133mph.
exactly, ,,,, thats why its not the best to doppler a video that was meant to just fly/test and have fun, if you want doppler speed to be within 1% margin of error, you fly the way I said before.

Im sure that Swist is fastest in world right now , but I wouldnt rely on that video to claim how fast it is... it could be faster

Sebbe
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:05 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
VooDoo , VERY nice speeds, I will doppler it later tomorrow, just to be sure of the blistering speeds

Im impressed very much, you are not far away from some German guys with a standard outrunner and apc prop..... I mean 235mph is respect .. very nice, seems like going very fast in that video..

strange that folding is so far after in speed, very noticable..

wunder how much wattage difference it is between thos two..

Mopar, do you have the soundfiles ?? can you put them here, just want to check them, I hope you noticed the patterns VooDoo is flying, like a half circular pattern, meaning the rpm will be a bit lower gradually AFTER the pass, meaning the doppler can be be read higher if not taken into account, I have some pretty good softwares that could check the curves and analyze the video and sound side by side, to get the best and accurate speed.... IM sure you have this thing covered, but I can can check what speeds I get, Im sure VooDoo want me to confirm also

Sebbe
Sorry sebbe,
No soundfiles for you, I just record off the video as it plays.
I understand what you are stating about him ascending and producing lower RPM, but I placed the lines closer to the shift to eliminate the "shadow" signature.

Please analyze your sound files very carefully with mucho scrutiny !!!
I am willing to predict that you come up with at least 230 mph from that first pass !!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:35 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
mopar, wil check later, thanks..
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:52 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
872 Posts
For Swist servo ...of these what do you prefer?

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=43402

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=78309

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=73881

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:13 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Län, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
I use DS09, but that was decided a year ago. Now days I think the obvious choice is the 7115 Hitec.

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=96032

henke is online now Find More Posts by henke
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:27 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
i use ds09, but that was decided a year ago. Now days i think the obvious choice is the 7115 hitec.

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=96032

ds09 hyperion?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:38 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,809 Posts
just be aware if you go RDS with the new hitec, none of the kimborough splines fit the much smaller hitec output shaft...
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster