HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:55 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Jeepers man! Ever cool! Love that swooooosh sound.
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:27 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Gotta love that quiet speed.
Just wish i had an idea of HOW FAST......Bad part about quiet speed,unless you have an $800 radar gun.....sad face.
VooDoo Child is online now Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
GPS / telemetry ?
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:58 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,788 Posts
with a small prop like 4.7x4.7 with that power you will get over 200mph, maybee 210mph.... with this bigger prop a bit over 2kw in air and a pitchspeed around 240-250mph, , I think these props are a bit faster with same imput, especially if you collect speed from far away so it can build up that last speed due to the high pitch... I Think you can be at 220mph if you fly far away and hit it so the prop can bite... it cant be much slower as then it would be unefficient which Im sure its note.. But Im just guessing here, but Im good at guessing you know..

I am aiming at 230 mph straight and level with my viper with my setup. hehe..

NOTE, all this prediceted speeds is TRUE, NO dive, NO wind speeds..... with dive and wind ??? well....
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Aug 28, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Why do they not have one of those Smilies that is Banging his head against the wall on this site ? I have MASSIVE brain lock right now from trying to figure what direction i want to go from here.....I want to go faster with the Swist cause of the room it has (the folder setup will be going in a new airframe,probably the Jolt F5D)......Huuuuuum,Do i play with the Mega 16/45/X series....or cut the nose and start messing with the 38mm Mega's.....or this stupid outrunner deal i have been wanting to play with.....Uggggggg,can one of you guys wack me in the head with a stick or something ? ...All i know,is i best be hitting 230 soon......Now i think i should be taking my girl to store to pick out something nice and distracting tonight
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:46 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
1,974 Posts
Outrunner!!!!!
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Why do they not have one of those Smilies that is Banging his head against the wall on this site ? I have MASSIVE brain lock right now from trying to figure what direction i want to go from here.....I want to go faster with the Swist cause of the room it has (the folder setup will be going in a new airframe,probably the Jolt F5D)......Huuuuuum,Do i play with the Mega 16/45/X series....or cut the nose and start messing with the 38mm Mega's.....or this stupid outrunner deal i have been wanting to play with.....Uggggggg,can one of you guys wack me in the head with a stick or something ? ...All i know,is i best be hitting 230 soon......Now i think i should be taking my girl to store to pick out something nice and distracting tonight
Based on the planes you have right now, I wouldn't get a Jolt. I don't think it adds anything to your fleet.
Consider an Enigma with like a 1521 1.5D 6.7 setup on 5 or for really animal performance 6S. Vertical climbs you have to see to believe. Or maybe do a setup like SN is running with 10S.
Or if you want a good F5S starter plane maybe what DownunderPilot is running on an 40xx outrunner or what Arctic is running for even more speed.
You already have an F5D plane that IMO is way better than the jolt.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,290 Posts
Mega 22 series.. massively under used motors, I think one could to some serious physics bending with a nicely setup one.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Man ! and i thought i was BURNT ! My questions were about a Smilie banging his head,and if one of you guys could hit me with a stick ........But you guys go right to bending my Swist,and talking me into airframes
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot View Post
Outrunner!!!!!
MAKE ME SOME PROPS NOW ! and the Flipping 3026-1400 is backordered every place i trust here in the states,and if i go the Strecker route,i will be sleeping with my hand for a while....Did i just type that out loud...sorry ..and the Mini-Pyro will not get me what i want.But i am still on it.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:11 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
1,974 Posts
LOL, I can only make at best one blade per day at the moment (watch out APC...NOT), and even then the odd one comes out imperfect (although this is happening less and less)... so you're on 'backorder" ..... going fast means sometimes you have to go slow

Would one of these suffice? Slightly heavier, but very promising looking motors. These guys are also good to deal with.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-2330W-1400kV
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Mega 22 series.. massively under used motors, I think one could to some serious physics bending with a nicely setup one.
You had me at "Physics Bending"
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot View Post
LOL, I can only make at best one blade per day at the moment (watch out APC...NOT), and even then the odd one comes out imperfect (although this is happening less and less)... so you're on 'backorder" ..... going fast means sometimes you have to go slow

Would one of these suffice? Slightly heavier, but very promising looking motors. These guys are also good to deal with.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-2330W-1400kV
My LHS is a Scorpion Dist...i have MANY ...But here is the thing (and this may sound strange) If i hang an Outrunner out the front of this plane,the outrunner needs to have a flat face to match up with the 38mm spinner....that taper on the scorpion would drive me NUTS every time i looked at it ....well,unless it was built buy Croco.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
Based on the planes you have right now, I wouldn't get a Jolt. I don't think it adds anything to your fleet.
Consider an Enigma with like a 1521 1.5D 6.7 setup on 5 or for really animal performance 6S. Vertical climbs you have to see to believe. Or maybe do a setup like SN is running with 10S.
Or if you want a good F5S starter plane maybe what DownunderPilot is running on an 40xx outrunner or what Arctic is running for even more speed.
You already have an F5D plane that IMO is way better than the jolt.

Terry
I miss having a plane that screams,and i am LOVIN this 6 cell big folder setup (so i want one of each )...Now flying the X-Plane has for sure fired my interest in doing a killer vert bird,but i just can not get started on the switch flying...i have worked WAY TO HARD over the years on my left thumb for freestyle flight to give it up.....at least not yet it will be the same problem i had with Heli's....I am sure you know were i am going with that.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
but i just can not get started on the switch flying...i have worked WAY TO HARD over the years on my left thumb for freestyle flight to give it up.....at least not yet it will be the same problem i had with Heli's....I am sure you know were i am going with that.
I have my Enigma set up on the throttle stick.
Some will tell you that the reason they use a throttle button is that mid throttle will heat the esc up fast. True but I never stay mid throttle long enough to do any damage.
My personal belief is that they are setting the plane up in Sailplane mode which doesn't automatically set he throttle on the stick, but rather flaps or crow or whatever you want.
I'm with you, I'm not competing for spot landings so I don't need that much control over my flaps so I stick with airplane mode, throttle stick on all my planes.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf