SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 18, 2012, 03:10 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Edit.....Pulled the video.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 22, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Old May 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,801 Posts
Cool Thats about the speed I fly when pulling pylon turns, should be no problem as this is what it's designed to do

On the 5S you should se 200mph I think.
henke is online now Find More Posts by henke
Old May 19, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Cool Thats about the speed I fly when pulling pylon turns, should be no problem as this is what it's designed to do

Oh,forget 200 on 5cell....i am mad at the guys that helped me put this Swist together I should be doing 200 on 4cell,,and 241mph on 5cell When i get a hold of Jackosmeister,i am going to ring his neck for not turning me on to this ARC motor
Swist 200MPH on 4 cell, 241 MPH on 5 cell, Arc motor (3 min 27 sec)
Old May 19, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post

Ahhhhhh,i was cheating like crazy to get that 182.4.....I would figure guys that were serious about speed would call my Swist on 4cell a mid 160mph plane.
Old May 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Oct 2003
272 Posts
Sorry voodoo .. but for me the doppler is fault.....

Try with radar gun.....
harlem68 is offline Find More Posts by harlem68
Old May 19, 2012, 06:13 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Oh,forget 200 on 5cell....i am mad at the guys that helped me put this Swist together I should be doing 200 on 4cell,,and 241mph on 5cell When i get a hold of Jackosmeister,i am going to ring his neck for not turning me on to this ARC motor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IZZuAU6oE
I think they got kph and mph mixed up

My ass thats 241mph, I hate people claiming BS speeds.. (its food for the n00bs who think they can make rifles go to 230mph...)

182 isnt too shabby on 4S man, fair honking actually as the watts in is very low (but very efficient), must be a slippery plane. Remember itll take 6S
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; May 19, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:19 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,796 Posts
Quote:
Oh,forget 200 on 5cell....i am mad at the guys that helped me put this Swist together I should be doing 200 on 4cell,,and 241mph on 5cell When i get a hold of Jackosmeister,i am going to ring his neck for not turning me on to this ARC motor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IZZuAU6oE
Which ARC?

I gave up on ARC after too many end cap failures, went to HET.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 19, 2012, 09:25 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,302 Posts
Magical pretend arc that runs on unicorn piss, spits out a squillion rpm and is capable of warp speed.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 19, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
I think they got kph and mph mixed up

My ass thats 241mph, I hate people claiming BS speeds.. (its food for the n00bs who think they can make rifles go to 230mph...)

182 isnt too shabby on 4S man, fair honking actually as the watts in is very low (but very efficient), must be a slippery plane. Remember itll take 6S
That is why i posted that,i was just playing ...I have read almost every thread on these planes,power setups,and realistic speeds....I know 200mph on 4cell,and 241mph on 5,just is not happening They must be NEWBS like me.....That is why if i am asked how fast my Swist is right now (and that happens alot) I say it is a true 165mph plane,but can cheat and make it go faster....We have had soooo many passes recorded from 3 cell phones between 160 to 176 mph,so there must be some truth in those numbers...i know they are not the most accurate way to test speeds,but it must be close.And truth be told,i never thought i would fly an RC plane such as this at these speeds,and do it OK....so right now,i am very PROUD of myself,and am very excited to move forward and continue to fly,build,and learn about these Badd Boys......On a side note,i could not be happier with my Mega,the damn thing just blows my mind every time the Swist goes up....and i know i am going to sound like a Little Girl when i type this,but the other night when i put a 4.75X4.75 on there,and plugged in the 5cell,and fired it up for a second...I jumped back a few feet feet while letting out a high piched squeal....a my have even peed on my own leg just a bit
Old May 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Which ARC?

I gave up on ARC after too many end cap failures, went to HET.
I would have to figure the 28-58-1....there are a few people that have posted speeds within a couple mph up or down from 200 on 5 cells.....I do remember seeing a Viper that wavescoped at 201mph with that motor on 5cells.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,832 Posts
OK...So i post this question,If you do what they say to make a doppler reading accurate-How close do you guys think they are ?? I keep my passes wicked low and close.....I mean,there must be somebody that has put a radar gun up to it and check the data from both.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:39 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,801 Posts
Quote:
OK...So i post this question,If you do what they say to make a doppler reading accurate-How close do you guys think they are ?? I keep my passes wicked low and close.....I mean,there must be somebody that has put a radar gun up to it and check the data from both.

My radar do pick up the Swist but at close range so not really useful for accurat readings.
Old May 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,045 Posts
I am not sure exactly if accuracy drops off with speed but we were recording within 1.5mph at the 125-145mph range when dopplering EDF jets the other guys were using radar and one guy had a pitot
Jwmflying14 is offline Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old May 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
I am not sure exactly if accuracy drops off with speed but we were recording within 1.5mph at the 125-145mph range when dopplering EDF jets the other guys were using radar and one guy had a pitot

Piloting skills also adds to the accuracy. For both doppler and radar you do need a clean pass.

Getting a proper speed reading is almost as hard as converting an iphone user to the correct android phone