SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Yes but the reason you have to be so polite and gracious when flying 3-D is because it is inherently intrusive. The "circle fliers" should have the decency to tolerate you but still you should understand the source of their annoyance. They've been flying circles since before you were born and there was never any issue with sharing the sky until 10 years ago when all of a sudden helis, hotliners, 3-D, etc were invented and invaded their field.

whoa whoa whoa. This is extremely backwards. First off most of the circle flyers, although old, ahve not been flying as long as I have.... I have been flying since I was 7, now I am 21. Most of these older guys have discovered the hobby after retirement.

Secondly, I dont care HOW old RC is, it has never been about flying in a circle. Rc's have always captured and unlocked dreams.

I have my private pilots license, I have my instrument rating. But guess what? I fly RC because I can do things in RC you can't do in a real aircraft.
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 08:45 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,819 Posts
From what I have witnessed in the past,it has nothing to do with 3D,helicopter,pylon ect ect.....every person I know that is a good or even great RC pilot no matter what they fly always has somebody who is not such a great RC pilot bitching about them for one reason or another,and it is usually the guys that do the most crashing,that run around calling everybody else dangerous.Funniest part of it all,all the guys I know just do not care what is going on out on the flight line and never say a bad thing about anybody.....cause we just enjoy the hobby and all styles of flying,and the last thing we want to do is have a bad day at the field cause we only get to go out on the weekends...all the guys that start the problems are out there 7 days a week.OK,again I am sorry if I got this thread sidetracked, I was only posting that guys that have had an issue with me in the past,like the pylon style planes...or so I thought..today I went and got 2 flights on the Swist,after landing,one of the usual trouble makers went off on me telling me at the next meeting,he is going to do his best to make sure I never fly the Swist there again,before I kill somebody....Uggggg,it is just so disgusting ......This is my last post on that subject ; )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old May 10, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,033 Posts
lol I must agree with you voodoo!

Last time I flew a 650 watt rifle (165mph, no where near your swist though =P) I had a guy saying the same thing.... The Ironic part Is the weekend before this even HE had crashed an 80" 100cc sopwith camel ON the taxi way which is 5 feet from where the fence is where we stand while flying.... He stalled the tail end and ground looped it, destroying a DA engine and the entire plane....
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old May 10, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Still good piloting with such a small plane and restricted power...

I sat my 3D ship to 7% D/R(yes seven) and made some fun stuff a couple of years ago, which also devided the crowd in two haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QJL...0&feature=plcp
Now that was COOL.....and a bit crazy.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
lol I must agree with you voodoo!

Last time I flew a 650 watt rifle (165mph, no where near your swist though =P) I had a guy saying the same thing.... The Ironic part Is the weekend before this even HE had crashed an 80" 100cc sopwith camel ON the taxi way which is 5 feet from where the fence is where we stand while flying.... He stalled the tail end and ground looped it, destroying a DA engine and the entire plane....
Sounds about right. ; )....for the last week,and the next 3 weeks I have to work the graveyard shift at the Airport...so it has been nice to get out to the RC field during the weekdays,or so I thought.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,819 Posts
I launched my Swist for the first time today by myself....I have launched all my S400 by myself every flight....the Swist on the other hand had me a bit freaked.I just look at the wing,and feel the weight,and just think "oh,this thing is going to drop like a brick" so I told my brain to shut up,and told my buddy "I got this"....oh,and there was 0 wind to throw it into....but all went well,and into the blue sky she went
Old May 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oTc View Post
Voodoo Child your videos almost has me pushed over into the dark side!! I've been lurking this thread and the more I read up on the swist the more my finger twitches towards the buy button...need help!! more videos...I need a little more convincing.....
Another one which is new for me even though it's been up for a year

Swist (3 min 49 sec)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old May 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Some people call me Maurice
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,547 Posts
Quote:
...it is usually the guys that do the most crashing,that run around calling everybody else dangerous
It's funny because it's true!
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Last edited by vespa; May 13, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,772 Posts
If you aren't pushing speed, flying too close to the ground, stick banging, stressing airframes..............

You aren't flying.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
If you aren't pushing speed, flying too close to the ground, stick banging, stressing airframes..............

You aren't flying.
There will always be those who live to nag. Just imagine the words if someone would be stupid enough to put a turbine on one of those Swists

Old May 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,772 Posts
Quote:
There will always be those who live to nag. Just imagine the words if someone would be stupid enough to put a turbine on one of those Swists

What kind of idiot would do that??
Old May 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
USA, CA, Martinez
Joined Feb 2001
1,668 Posts
Well put. It is extremely distracting to have something hovering in the corner of my eye. And at some clubs, its just not possible to take turns one at a time to fly.

Fast electrics can be just as much a problem when flying with fast glow planes. I like to be able to hear my planes. And if a speedy glow plane starts up, the glow engine masks the electric. Conversely, the glow fliers want to be able to hear the other planes in the air.

At my club, we may have similar planes in the air at the same time. But its unusual to see a fast electric pylon in the air at the same time as a glow. Some clubs do not have this option (too many members waiting to fly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Yes but the reason you have to be so polite and gracious when flying 3-D is because it is inherently intrusive. The "circle fliers" should have the decency to tolerate you but still you should understand the source of their annoyance. They've been flying circles since before you were born and there was never any issue with sharing the sky until 10 years ago when all of a sudden helis, hotliners, 3-D, etc were invented and invaded their field.
mumblety-peg is offline Find More Posts by mumblety-peg
Old May 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,772 Posts
My club is a Ghost town. It's yours any day of the week.

You might see 3-10 people there on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

AKA Ideal for 3d and pylon racers
Old May 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,819 Posts
Quote:
Another one which is new for me even though it's been up for a year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiGRxkwlsY
That is BOB from Soaring USA flying his Swist (BRO here on the threads) Funny thing is,I HATE airplanes with Pink on them...But when it comes to Pylon Planes,I am DYING to get one with alot of Pink in the scheme.....Huuuuuum,Strange.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:24 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
That is BOB from Soaring USA flying his Swist (BRO here on the threads) Funny thing is,I HATE airplanes with Pink on them...But when it comes to Pylon Planes,I am DYING to get one with alot of Pink in the scheme.....Huuuuuum,Strange.

Naw, how sweet ;-)