Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 09, 2012, 02:51 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
That was my point,they do not except 3D,they HATE it,i mean we do it cause thats what we enjoy,and i have been Hard Core into it for years....In the end,there is nothing they can do about it,besides just try and make our lives miserable buy trying to make new rules at mettings we can not attend...like when we all go away to a Huckfest or similar event......but they enjoy the heck out of my S400 and F5D plane
They enjoy the S400 and F5D because your'e flying in circles.

Old club dudes are circle flyers.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 04:07 PM
oTc
Joined Oct 2006
108 Posts
Voodoo Child your videos almost has me pushed over into the dark side!! I've been lurking this thread and the more I read up on the swist the more my finger twitches towards the buy button...need help!! more videos...I need a little more convincing.....
oTc is offline Find More Posts by oTc
Old May 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oTc View Post
Voodoo Child your videos almost has me pushed over into the dark side!! I've been lurking this thread and the more I read up on the swist the more my finger twitches towards the buy button...need help!! more videos...I need a little more convincing.....
If all goes well,I will have her running on 5cells in a couple days,that should make for some better video. ...right now she is flying as slow as my setup will allow so I can get used to these things.As far as buying a Swist,I say GO FOR IT,she is a work of art with LOTS of room inside....I have not been able to find one bad thing about it,or a bad flying tendency....and trust me,I enjoy looking for things I do not like about planes ; )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 09, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 10:54 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,835 Posts
Voodo, that looked about 160-170. Am I close?
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old May 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Voodo, that looked about 160-170. Am I close?
I am not sure,I am hoping to get one of the guys that are good at dopplering videos to give that one video a try.....I would also like to know the speeds with the 4,5,and 6 cell setups..as I progress with this bird.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Huuuum,I have the RC SPEEDO downloaded to my phone....I forgot to try it on the Swist.I will be flying it in a bit,I will give it a try.
Old May 10, 2012, 12:37 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
Huuuum,I have the RC SPEEDO downloaded to my phone....I forgot to try it on the Swist.I will be flying it in a bit,I will give it a try.
It works on the video too most times
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old May 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,240 Posts
Just a tip: Start RCSpeedo on your phone and put it next to a stationary video cam and do passes like this (only much faster )
RCSpeedo_Stryker.wmv (0 min 38 sec)
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old May 10, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
As good video as you get with this speedsters, great job both flying and behind the camera.

Seeing you too fly on a paved runway I would recomend useing R/C car chassis protective plastic from Associated. a 1/2" strip under the thick part of the fuselage does the trick http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSXV1
This is what our Runway is great for,i have a couple EDF's with no gear on them.
SebArt MiG 29 flown by Voodoo! New! (3 min 58 sec)
Old May 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,688 Posts
Quote:
That was my point,they do not except 3D,they HATE it,i mean we do it cause thats what we enjoy,and i have been Hard Core into it for years....In the end,there is nothing they can do about it,besides just try and make our lives miserable buy trying to make new rules at mettings we can not attend...like when we all go away to a Huckfest or similar event......but they enjoy the heck out of my S400 and F5D plane

Hey Doug, what their rationale behind this hatred of 3D??

Colin
wollins is offline Find More Posts by wollins
Old May 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollins View Post
Hey Doug, what their rationale behind this hatred of 3D??

Colin
They say it is VERY DANGEROUS and we have no control over our airplanes when we fly them the way we do....Part that kills me,this comes from guys that take off and land 50% of the time in the pits,or the parking lot It has been a huge problem for myself,and all my friends that take this hobby VERY SERIOUS,it is more then a hobby,it is a lifestyle for us....we have a huge core group of guys that just love IMAC,3D,and Freestyle..We do ALOT of traveling going to all the big events,and do alot of noon time demos for events,and we host 2 events per year for charity ( we have raised over 30K for The Children Of Fallen Soldiers Foundation over the last 5 years,and are VERY proud of it...plus hold a youth Masters event for kids every year)...Part that kills me is,we all love everything about rc flying,we all have everything from float planes to warbirds,and everything in between.....so in the end,i think it just might be jealousy that fuels the beast....i mean really,if you are flying rc planes,things are going to happen...but for us,the guys that get there bawlz busted,we usually crash in a safe spot,cause we know where our plane is at EVERY stick movement.....I have been VERY Lucky as far as crashes go (knock on wood) so it really kills me when these guys try to get me tossed out of my home field....This video has the worst crash i have had since being in the hobby,if this gives you any idea...It is two flights put together,a practice for the noon time demo (first time flying at this field,and the winds were KICKING..just watch how i get blown down the runway..25mph gusts that day) and me crashing while flying the demo with my buddy Mike....It is VERY SAD that there are people in this hobby that start the problems that they do...JUST SAD...But for myself,i have been in it for 9 years now,and i will go about it as HARD AS I CAN tell the day i die...I just enjoy the heck out of rc flying...my only regret,is i waited tell i was 34 years old when i started i have meet the most amazing people at events,and online......so,if anybody wants to see how dangerous of an rc pilot i am,watch this loooong video .....and a BIG SORRY if i tapped a nerve and side tracked this thread
voodoo TV.mov (10 min 0 sec)
Old May 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Still good piloting with such a small plane and restricted power...

I sat my 3D ship to 7% D/R(yes seven) and made some fun stuff a couple of years ago, which also devided the crowd in two haha

Flying under Stockholm (5 min 57 sec)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old May 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
The rationale against 3-D is clear. Anyone who flies unpredictably and lingers excessively around the flight line will inherently be an annoyance and danger to others. This is why helis, 3-D and slope foamies are often disliked at the field. Some "offenders" are worse than others and some "victims" are worse than others. It's just the way people are, we always complain about the other guy until we've been in their shoes. Bring out a powered sailplane and you'll see how annoying pylon racers or hotliners are. Bring out a scalie and see what it's like to have a 3-D pilot clogging the runway for 10 straight minutes when you want to do touch-and-goes. Bring out a 3-D plane and get annoyed by some hotliner silently diving out of nowhere to make fast low passes and insisting on using the entire runway for every landing. And so on...
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old May 10, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
The rationale against 3-D is clear. Anyone who flies unpredictably and lingers excessively around the flight line will inherently be an annoyance and danger to others. This is why helis, 3-D and slope foamies are often disliked at the field. Some "offenders" are worse than others and some "victims" are worse than others. It's just the way people are, we always complain about the other guy until we've been in their shoes. Bring out a powered sailplane and you'll see how annoying pylon racers or hotliners are. Bring out a scalie and see what it's like to have a 3-D pilot clogging the runway for 10 straight minutes when you want to do touch-and-goes. Bring out a 3-D plane and get annoyed by some hotliner silently diving out of nowhere to make fast low passes and insisting on using the entire runway for every landing. And so on...

This is wher I believe you are wrong. I know the majority of 3D or pylon guys i have met all wait for their turn. once the airspace is a little less busy I, and most other 3d'rs take their turn.

As it plays out at my field I always wait my turn, i only fly for about 5-7 minutes. and I get some VERY rude circle flyers that will take off while i'm mid flight, and then complain about my flying. Yet I dont even bother to fly if they were legitimately flying first.

The only thing that gives me a my own airspace is my 160mph pylon planes because they are too scared to fly while I am. however they STILL complain!

They have tried to kick me out numerous times, although I am 99% of the time the more civil one and agree on taking turns. The reason they can't kick me out is because an AMA legal club or field MUST allow all type of AMA recognized flying =]

The AMA recognizes 3d and aerobatics as well as pylon racing, so I win =]
Jwmflying14 is offline Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old May 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
Fit to CFIT
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,482 Posts
Yes but the reason you have to be so polite and gracious when flying 3-D is because it is inherently intrusive. The "circle fliers" should have the decency to tolerate you but still you should understand the source of their annoyance. They've been flying circles since before you were born and there was never any issue with sharing the sky until 10 years ago when all of a sudden helis, hotliners, 3-D, etc were invented and invaded their field.
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa