200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Mishap ? What happened?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1842

Bolt through flight pack = magic smoke out.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 03:27 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Yea,I went to the thread before and read it....damn,my heart goes out to Chris on that one.A couple years back when I just bought my house,and just painted,and put down a new floor in my hobby room,I had a Lipo pop while it was charging.....the intensity of the fire was just insane,and the damage was equal ....it took well over a month to fix the damage,and get the smell out of every room in the house.....needless to say, I now treat them as if they were hand grenades with the pins out at all times.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old May 08, 2012, 03:39 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Soooooo,what would one call one of these airframes being used for sport adrenaline flying. ? This way I do not sound like putz when I talk about it.
Old May 08, 2012, 03:59 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,350 Posts
Speeder?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old May 08, 2012, 04:15 AM
Russia
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
For competition F5D flying we have a modification Swist PRO. It has thin small fuse and reinforced wing.
Yellow it's fuse Swist Pro, green it's standard fuse.
Name: std vs Pro.jpg
Views: 158
Size: 52.2 KB
Description:

Both versions of the Swist capable for F5D race. But the Pro version is more suitable for achieving best results. Greatly reduced moments of inertia in a pitch.
But in the standard version is much easier to place equipment.

Fuse PRO still holds 5S 2250. But it is better to divide the battery 2+3. Thus the equipment is placed easier and better.
Jimas is offline Find More Posts by Jimas
Old May 08, 2012, 06:57 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimas View Post
For competition F5D flying we have a modification Swist PRO. It has thin small fuse and reinforced wing.
Yellow it's fuse Swist Pro, green it's standard fuse.
Attachment 4845032

Both versions of the Swist capable for F5D race. But the Pro version is more suitable for achieving best results. Greatly reduced moments of inertia in a pitch.
But in the standard version is much easier to place equipment.

Fuse PRO still holds 5S 2250. But it is better to divide the battery 2+3. Thus the equipment is placed easier and better.
Very nice options!! You need to get all versions on the webshop too
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old May 08, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Got some Video of the Swist from flights 5 and 6....One with a Go-Pro flying the Swist on a 5X5 APC,and one with a hand held vid cam using a what was a 6x5.5 APC,and is now what i hope around a 5.5X5.5 .....The Temps where 93deg with around 90% humidity today...It rained hard last night,which made for a steamy day today....with the 5X5 the plane comes down warm to the touch,on the cut down 6x5.5 it comes down a bit hot (just the motor,the ESC and lipo are not bad at all,much better then my EDF,s, EF-1 racer,and S400's) .....Will post video later if anybody cares to watch a NEWB fly this thing.
Old May 08, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Flight number 6,first flight of the day....nothing crazy,just trying to get her set-up,and used to it.....so far,as you can tell,i am loving it ....Loading the Go-Pro video now,not sure how it will come out...i know it works great on the front of a surf board
Voodoo wrings out the 'Swist'.MOV (4 min 44 sec)
Old May 08, 2012, 03:02 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,820 Posts
Quote:
Flight number 6,first flight of the day....nothing crazy,just trying to get her set-up,and used to it.....so far,as you can tell,i am loving it ....Loading the Go-Pro video now,not sure how it will come out...i know it works great on the front of a surf board http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XDvK...eature=g-all-u
As good video as you get with this speedsters, great job both flying and behind the camera.

Seeing you too fly on a paved runway I would recomend useing R/C car chassis protective plastic from Associated. a 1/2" strip under the thick part of the fuselage does the trick http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSXV1
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old May 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,727 Posts
Quote:
Soooooo,what would one call one of these airframes being used for sport adrenaline flying. ? This way I do not sound like putz when I talk about it.
Call it a Hot Rod.... nice video and flying.
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old May 08, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
As good video as you get with this speedsters, great job both flying and behind the camera.

Seeing you too fly on a paved runway I would recomend useing R/C car chassis protective plastic from Associated. a 1/2" strip under the thick part of the fuselage does the trick http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSXV1
The runway is a composite matt (geo-textile) so the only thing it does is leave a black mark on the bottom (easy to clean) but i still try to hit the grass,cause the plane speeds up when I hit the runway. ......thanks for the kind words,and thanks for your help.
Old May 08, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
Call it a Hot Rod.... nice video and flying.
Time to give her a rip on 5 cells. : )
Old May 09, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Hum....go figure,the 2nd flight of the day when i TRY and ring out the Swist,we try the GoPro...and you get this trippy beer goggle video .....One of these days we will get our act together ...On a side note,i am very suprised at how my RC Club has responded to my new found need for speed and handling (i have lived and flown rc in florida for 7 years,and have only seen 1 S400 plane fly,and i tavel all over flying at different fields) We have had alot of issues with myself,and a bunch of my friends flying giant scale IMAC,3D,and Freestyle.....So i just figured most guys would just get me removed from the field with this type of plane (s400 and F5D)...But i will be darned,everybody digs them.....most members will pull up a chair and watch them rip around,and i can hear them behind getting all fired up....It is very cool that it worked out like this..Not saying i will stop flying Freestyle...It is just nice i have found something that all the members enjoy.
GoPro Voodoo on 'Swist'.MP4 (4 min 21 sec)
Last edited by VooDoo Child; May 09, 2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old May 09, 2012, 06:52 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,825 Posts
If your club can accept giant scale 3D, they can accept anything.

3D is shunned everywhere. At SEFF This year, 3D was almost located off of Hodges Property. Meanwhile people were zooming around at 160mph on the main flight line
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 09, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
If your club can accept giant scale 3D, they can accept anything.

3D is shunned everywhere. At SEFF This year, 3D was almost located off of Hodges Property. Meanwhile people were zooming around at 160mph on the main flight line
That was my point,they do not except 3D,they HATE it,i mean we do it cause thats what we enjoy,and i have been Hard Core into it for years....In the end,there is nothing they can do about it,besides just try and make our lives miserable buy trying to make new rules at mettings we can not attend...like when we all go away to a Huckfest or similar event......but they enjoy the heck out of my S400 and F5D plane