HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
Go ahead. Meme me!
vespa's Avatar
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,625 Posts
65's a good servo and karbonite is the best geartrain for the job. A DS11-GCB would be my preference but there's likely no perceptible difference in flight. Stick with it, glue it in, and go crash it!
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Lenny970's Avatar
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
I've never seen a pylon plane eat an elevator servo but if it somehow did (and somehow survived) you could hammer a strip of sharpened metal in there to chisel that tray out in 5 minutes. I say glue it on in.
Yes, that's true.
I like servos to be easily removable whenever possible, but I too have (semi) permanently installed many over the years.

Lenny
Lenny970 is offline Find More Posts by Lenny970
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:09 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
65's a good servo and karbonite is the best geartrain for the job. A DS11-GCB would be my preference but there's likely no perceptible difference in flight. Stick with it, glue it in, and go crash it!
Ohhhhh,that's just MEAN I was only thinking of the fact that it is not digital.....When i built my Miro VooDoo,i put a non-digi servo in the back,and the plane hunted around......so i changed it for the same servo but digi,and problem solved.....but i have always had nothing but smiles with the HS65-that is why i went with it on this plane-i have 8 of them laying around.OK,gluing it in.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
OK,newbe Folder User here also This thing is WAY COOL....But this is the angle of the blades in flight ? I opened the package and figured it would be like an APC or something (straight across)...But when the blades flopped forward,i let out a big " HUUUUUUUH " ....Can anybody give me the Low down on this massive forward pitch blade set-up ?
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
Go ahead. Meme me!
vespa's Avatar
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,625 Posts
No, they're straight in flight - centrifugal force.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2003
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
OK,newbe Folder User here also This thing is WAY COOL....But this is the angle of the blades in flight ? I opened the package and figured it would be like an APC or something (straight across)...But when the blades flopped forward,i let out a big " HUUUUUUUH " ....Can anybody give me the Low down on this massive forward pitch blade set-up ?
Hi VooDoo.. Your prop is GM or other made in german? If made in german.. Good Luck...
harlem68 is offline Find More Posts by harlem68
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
No, they're straight in flight - centrifugal force.
Thanks,and do not worry,i just smacked myself for you.........and to think,i used to be a clutch guy on a Top Sportsman drag car team....
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlem68 View Post
Hi VooDoo.. Your prop is GM or other made in german? If made in german.. Good Luck...
I am picking up a hint of sarcasm...I think.I also take it you live on the other side of the pond ? 70% of the money i spend on this hobby goes to Germany and CZ,and a bit to the UK.....the rest gets spent here in the US on China crap....The well over 30 thousand i have spent in europe has been nothing less the Art Work fasioned into hobby parts.....the China stuff has always been nothing but a Let Down....Long Story short,i am amazed at the work on this folder,it is a work of art in my eyes,and i am also sure it will serve my purpose in which i purchased it for,and that is to slow the plane down for the first flights,and to not have to worry about dealing with broke props while i take care of the important stuff-like working the bugs out,and get it dialed in on the RX.....But hey,thanks for sharing
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2003
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I am picking up a hint of sarcasm...I think.I also take it you live on the other side of the pond ? 70% of the money i spend on this hobby goes to Germany and CZ,and a bit to the UK.....the rest gets spent here in the US on China crap....The well over 30 thousand i have spent in europe has been nothing less the Art Work fasioned into hobby parts.....the China stuff has always been nothing but a Let Down....Long Story short,i am amazed at the work on this folder,it is a work of art in my eyes,and i am also sure it will serve my purpose in which i purchased it for,and that is to slow the plane down for the first flights,and to not have to worry about dealing with broke props while i take care of the important stuff-like working the bugs out,and get it dialed in on the RX.....But hey,thanks for sharing
It's not sarcasm ... If GM is that I never tried it may be that it is ok but if GM does not know is that I tried the prop with devastating results for .... The engine and model.
harlem68 is offline Find More Posts by harlem68
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:52 AM
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
VooDoo, stick withe the hs-65, VERY good servo, NO sloop, and very reliable...

havent had one failure on these ones, and they are all tight in gears after many years flying...

Sebbe..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:31 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlem68 View Post
It's not sarcasm ... If GM is that I never tried it may be that it is ok but if GM does not know is that I tried the prop with devastating results for .... The engine and model.
Sorry,you are correct,I thought I was buying a GM folder from Esprit....seems they have cloned it and it is being made in Germany.Mine is all carbon fiber,I guess the same one you had.......I am not happy that I just spent 80usd on a knockoff without being told....I even asked them for a GM F5D folding prop,and Esprit sent me this.Worst part is,I can find NO INFO on this all carbon folder,and I do not want my new Swist to be the lab rat : (
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:55 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
I know,a bit off topic.....but i just wanted to follow up on the Folder Drama I for sure will not put it on the Swist (sad face) But i did strap it on my favorite after work flyer and ENJOYED THE HECK out of it for 4 flights today,after a long work day What an amazing little work of art this folder is ...On a side note,i am glad i also ordered the MP Jet spinner as a back up ....Now i am still thinking about calling Soaring and try the GM for the swist.....Huuuuum.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:30 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Back to working on the Swist (work hours are killing my play time,i figured i would have this plane in the air by now ) I have the tail section drilled,sanded,trued up,and ready to go.....I drilled the fuse,vert,and horizontal stabs for the long carbon pin,and the short just for the vert......Now i can mach it all up again so i can get the carbon elev rod built to lengh.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:27 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
I made up the elev horn,cut out the elev,and epoxied it all together.....i will come back in a bit and lay a second bead of epoxy.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
I planned on locking myself in the man cave all day and hit the Swist hard,but the weather was WAY to nice,so i had to head to the field with planes in tow OK,so now i am home and it is time to hit the bricks with the help of some very cold Pilsner Urquell (i know,shoot me for not drinking them at room temp )....Pins are dry,elev rod is ready,time to epoxy it all together.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools