HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:35 PM
making my own planes...
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,074 Posts
mmmm... not a good idea, the nose is thin, to fit the 1506 you have to cut about 8cm then you'll have CG problems...
1506 = 36mm
go for mega 16/15 or neu 11 series for 28mm motors
decones is offline Find More Posts by decones
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:26 PM
Russia
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimas View Post
If you really want 38 mm motor, then you can cut 20 mm from the beginning of fuse.
Attachment 3740667
We installed a larger diameter motor. It was the outrunner. The problem with the CG is not a problem. Moving the battery lets you change the center of gravity in a fairly large range. We have used 5S 2250 mAh.
Jimas is offline Find More Posts by Jimas
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:43 AM
Joined Jun 2001
107 Posts
Hi,

Is the Swist supposed to come with manual (or at least a simple writeup on the throws & CG) and servo covers? Mine from SUSA doesn't come with any.

How do you glue the elevator servo? Do you simply epoxy it to the fuselage and at what location (is it as deep inside near to the tail as possible?) or you make a servo tray? My concern is that if I glue the elevator servo directly deep into the fuselage near the tail, changing the servo (should the servo's gear strip during hard landing) will be very difficult.

Thanks.

Thanks.
casioppc is offline Find More Posts by casioppc
Last edited by casioppc; Dec 05, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:38 PM
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
There is no manual that I have seen.

The elevator servo on mine is glued to a piece of hard balsa, then glued to the bottom of the fuse. And yes it would be a pain to remove it.

I am not a fan of the snake cable. I used a carbon rod. Works very nice.

Terry,
c54fun is offline Find More Posts by c54fun
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:21 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c54fun View Post
There is no manual that I have seen.

The elevator servo on mine is glued to a piece of hard balsa, then glued to the bottom of the fuse. And yes it would be a pain to remove it.

I am not a fan of the snake cable. I used a carbon rod. Works very nice.

Terry,
How well do you trust the balsa piece between servo and fuse ? Are you not afraid it will make start to crack in between.

I always use 1.5-2mm ply between, a bit harder to crack if you want to remove the servo, but I know it will sit there 100% secure.
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:57 AM
USA, CA, Martinez
Joined Feb 2001
1,668 Posts
Come to think of it, mine does not have servo covers either. Some day soon I'm going to start working on mine. Were they supposed to be included?
mumblety-peg is offline Find More Posts by mumblety-peg
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:16 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblety-peg View Post
Come to think of it, mine does not have servo covers either. Some day soon I'm going to start working on mine. Were they supposed to be included?
Reading the thread the answer is no. I think that decision is pretty good as this is a precision tool for air racing not a common ARF. You can choose from alot of diffrent servos and installs. When you feel comfortable with your install either chooseing a conventional setup or the more slim install here you route the linkage through the wing connecting on top of the aileron you can then choose a servo cover that suits your setup the best.

Same with servo install for the elevator, choose the options you feel most comfortable with.

I can understand a manual is needed for CG and basic throws, the rest should be obvious when you are ready to fly these kind of planes. :-)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:47 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblety-peg View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1363716&page=8

read post # 114.
-------------------

When I spoke to the producer of the plane a while ago, If I remember right he said covers should be included, Contact him...
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:15 PM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
If I remember right he said covers should be included, Contact him...
Good luck with that. I'm still waiting (well, not really ) and I bought mine waaaay back in June. I found after sales support for this model from the producer to be very dissapointing.

I had to glean ALL of the pertinent info from this thread ... and this was after one of us lost a plane because of lack of proper CG and throw information.

Colin
wollins is offline Find More Posts by wollins
Old Dec 06, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
How well do you trust the balsa piece between servo and fuse ? Are you not afraid it will make start to crack in between.

I always use 1.5-2mm ply between, a bit harder to crack if you want to remove the servo, but I know it will sit there 100% secure.
Sorry, I used a piece of a paint stick not balsa. We have them at work. Not the cheap thin ones. These sticks are great for lots of rc plane stuff. Not sure what they are made of. Pine maybe?

Very solid install no worries until I need to remove it.

Terry,
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:02 PM
Mark Triebes
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2001
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollins View Post
Good luck with that. I'm still waiting (well, not really ) and I bought mine waaaay back in June. I found after sales support for this model from the producer to be very dissapointing.

I had to glean ALL of the pertinent info from this thread ... and this was after one of us lost a plane because of lack of proper CG and throw information.

Colin
What CG setting did you end up with?
MarcusT is offline Find More Posts by MarcusT
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:51 PM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,697 Posts
44mm to 48mm
wollins is offline Find More Posts by wollins
Old Dec 07, 2011, 05:17 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollins View Post

Colin
To bad cause of some covers, they should be included..
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:59 AM
WPA
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Feb 2010
44 Posts
What's the latest news on the 1 piece wing? Has anyone gone with a Hacker motor yet?
WPA is offline Find More Posts by WPA
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
I have the one piece wing. So far so good. Does not seem to flex much at all.

Got a Mega motor on order also. I have fitted a 6s in the fuse. Cant wait to get the motor.

Must go faster...........

Terry