HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:05 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,541 Posts
just read in helithread, many have problems with that 3 beeps, due to overheat... but couldnt read how to get rid of it... maybee something like full throttle on start to disable ?? just a guess...

Many did put heatsink on fets, did help a lot...

I dont think really your YGE is overheating to the grade where it brakes soon, but it seems YGE have precation that kicks in in time, no danger..
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:33 AM
NUKLEUZ
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
598 Posts
Gd to here youre up and flying WarMachine!
How did it go on the 4s set up?
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
I'll try that sebbe - thanks.
Very good thanks blitzu man. I need to check incidence - it needed a bit of up trim but other than that it went well.
Before you mount your motor check the CG with batter in place. My CG was way too far forward with my 4s2700 as far back as it could go. I needed to shorten the nose to get it to balance.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:55 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
I'll try that sebbe - thanks.
Very good thanks blitzu man. I need to check incidence - it needed a bit of up trim but other than that it went well.
Before you mount your motor check the CG with batter in place. My CG was way too far forward with my 4s2700 as far back as it could go. I needed to shorten the nose to get it to balance.
Any pics with the Scorpion on there?
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:43 PM
NUKLEUZ
Joined Dec 2012
598 Posts
Before you mount your motor check the CG with batter in place. My CG was way too far forward with my 4s2700 as far back as it could go. I needed to shorten the nose to get it to balance.[/QUOTE]WarMachine.

Orrr 5s it... :-)

Yip,still deciding on what batts i'm going to run for that reason.
One very late nite a few days ago-i was contemplating mounting elev servo in the tail fin!
Why cant the manafactors make the fuse 5mm deeper and 5mm wider-then could fit single 6s pack! The smallest closest size i can find is 44x38x135,6s 2650 65c nanotech...but even its 1.5mm to big both ways.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:55 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
There you go Voodoo:
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:39 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
902 Posts
WM, you could try using very fine grit wet or dry sand paper (1500-2000) to try and remove the fraying edges around the front.

Less drag it will go faster
SlowBarless is online now Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:25 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Thats the kevlar - will sanding work ?
The motor is a bit skew in the pic - Ive since straightened it.
I enlarged my cooling holes and tried again today - same story - motor over 100degC and esc to 75degC in one circuit. Motor cut and I made a forced landing, ripping a wing mount from the fuse - nothing major fortunately.
RolfD reminded me that the timing on the YGE was set for the Strecker 10 poler, the Scorpion is a 6 poler. That may have caused my overheating issue.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:15 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
902 Posts
Very fine sandpaper will help neaten it up a bit. You could use kero as lubricant and get better results, but be aware that kevlar loves to soak up moisture. Id just try some 2000grit dry first and see if you're happy with the results
SlowBarless is online now Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
I wicked the Kevlar with thin ca and let it dry,then sanded....made life very easy.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:21 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined Sep 2004
53 Posts
On vacation in Kauai, I read this entire thread the last few days! I am going to order this plane soon. A little background, I have a 12s BVM e-bandit and have built several turbine jets. I flew helis for years and was invited to the XFC twice. I have jets that will go 200+(not sure if I've been there with them yet) I bought hobby-lobby's dago red and had a blast with it. I want to explore this speed stuff! Zero intention of competing or even trying to figure out how fast I'm going.

I am confident in my flying and building skills, however, I know nothing about the right motor/prop combos for this plane! I would love to keep it simple, with little mods. I know I want 5s, and I don't want to worry about burning up motors and ESC's. I don't mind the sound of the little APC props, but if other set-ups are more plug and play, thats fine too. Cost isn't as much a factor as reliability and ease of set-up.

So, experts... give me a shopping list!

Thanks, Mike
DrScoles is offline Find More Posts by DrScoles
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,679 Posts
This is my Swist with a Neu 1115-1Y,CC100light,2700mah TP 5S,APC 4.75X4.75.....It is a bit hard on the Lipo though,but about as fast as you will get with 5S and be nice and reliable with easy to get parts......If you want to be easy on your lipo and give up a bit of speed,look into a motor with 2200 to 2400 Kv and go a bit larger on the prop.
Swist F5D with New Neu. (2 min 47 sec)
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:12 PM
NUKLEUZ
Joined Dec 2012
598 Posts
Heya Voodoos,with your hs65's....whr u running them on 4.8or6v? cheers
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:20 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
This is my Swist with a Neu 1115-1Y,CC100light,2700mah TP 5S,APC 4.75X4.75.....It is a bit hard on the Lipo though,but about as fast as you will get with 5S and be nice and reliable with easy to get parts......If you want to be easy on your lipo and give up a bit of speed,look into a motor with 2200 to 2400 Kv and go a bit larger on the prop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liyVZPQ3bAA
I want use a MEGA 16/45/1E (2650 kv) 3 mΩ !!!! with 6S and a 4.7x4.7 but i think that the A fly over the 100-110A...
Alternatively I thought to the MEGA 16/45/1,5R 2100kv 7 3 mΩ 6s 5.2x6.2 or carbon prop 5x7.5....
magrinsi is online now Find More Posts by magrinsi
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:02 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,101 Posts
MEGA resistance is measured over one phaze. You have to double that number to campare it to other brands...
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx