Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:19 AM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
717 Posts
I jst gave mine a tickle up with a fine file...the slots only approx 1.8-2.0mm deep.
I didnt really think about abit of expoxy after...gd idea thou...Think i mite do likewise Dunno what others have done..
My slot...

Only file the slot as wide as the tab...it shud be a snug fit
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Last edited by blitzu; Feb 05, 2013 at 02:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:24 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
I jst gave mine a tickle up with a fine file...the slots only approx 1.8-2.0mm deep.
I didnt really think about abit of expoxy after...gd idea thou...Think i mite do likewise Dunno what others have done..
My slot...

Only file the slot as wide as the tab...it shud be a snug fit
Ok thanks
I m not sure if do a innrunner (mega 16-45-1,5 ) or a out outrunner minipyro...1400 kv ... i love the sound of hi rpm of innrunner but the outrunner is the cool motor of moment....
magrinsi is online now Find More Posts by magrinsi
Last edited by magrinsi; Feb 05, 2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Dec 2012
717 Posts
If i had the cash...i'd run the mega first, then the mini pyro-once you dock the nose for the mini pyro theres no going back
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:59 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Blitzu - how much did you chop off the nose ? I cut 48mm off.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Dec 2012
717 Posts
I've taken 38-40mm (cant remember w side of the line i cut )....or if you hold a tape on front of the wing saddle to front of fuse-my measurement is 133mm...Your measurement may be dif to mine,depends the outside dia of u'r scorpion..

And how much cooling you want in between mtr/fuse..
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
717 Posts
I havnt made or fitted my mtr mount yet...needa get my batts etc and balance plane first,then ill know where to glue it.But i want 32mm of motor showing

Any news on strecker?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:45 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
No, I havn't sent it to Germany yet. Im pretty sure it will be OK.
My plan with the Scorpion is to have the fuse the same length with the motor fitted in front.
In other words the distance from the leading edge to the nose the same.
Im busy with my mount. Trouble is I cut the connectors off the Scorpion and I couldn't get solder to stick (ceramic coated). Methylene Chloride eventually did the job. You live and learn as they say.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Dec 2012
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
No, I havn't sent it to Germany yet. Im pretty sure it will be OK.
My plan with the Scorpion is to have the fuse the same length with the motor fitted in front.
In other words the distance from the leading edge to the nose the same.

Yea bro.Thats what i did,remember thou the front of the scorpion should be sitting a motor mount thickness (what ever you normally use) back frm where the front of the fuse used to end
if you want to keep your weight placement in the same place...if you whr real picky

Hava ganda at the avionick build..jst mounted a scorpion
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:07 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Yeah I saw it but it looks like hes tapped the side of the motor (no mount)?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
717 Posts
I think u'll find a mount would be bolted to mtr and that would have been tapped.And then bolts go through the fuse into the mount.I'm going to do same thing-but will have a ply ring expoxyed in fuse,the mount will fit into that,then bolt frm outside.Easy esc hook ups,bearing changes etc.My mount will be fully vented-with how the mini pyro is built,my fuse is going to act like a old MIG 21 and channel the air in
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:11 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
742 Posts
I neee some tips...
For aileton servo (graupner mg 9mm) what fix system:

1 silicon?
2 thermo + uhu 300?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:18 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
742 Posts
Little photo..
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:09 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Maiden flight with scorpion was yesterday. Everything went well. As a few have noted - this plane flies like its on rails.
My set-up:
Scorpion 3026 1900kv, 4s2700, YGE160, 7X13 folding.
I had an issue with the YGE160 - the motor would cutout. When I landed I was getting three beeps which I think is over temp but temp sensor showed max temp of 75degC.
Later on when esc temp was down to 30degC I was still getting the continuous 3 beeps - does anyone have any ideas on whats causing this ?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:08 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,759 Posts
The 3 beep is just a warning that somethings not right with your configuration

Temperature / overload warning: If the speed controller’s temperature exceeds its limit, because of overloading or lack of cooling, after landing and/or motor stop, a warning signal is issued (3 Beeps in the interval). But the motor is not switched off in flight unless the temperature becomes extremely critical, then the motor switched off. The partial load operation between half and nearly full power is the most difficult area for an ESC. In addition the running time becomes longer and longer with the Lipo technology. If it should come to repeated temperature warnings, better cooling should be provided or current should be reduced. These warnings are to be regarded as overload warnings and not as normal operating condition. Because at high temperature the components are strongly stressed, this leads to a decreased life time. You achieve a better cooling not only through sufficiently dimensioned air intake, but even more efficiently through a larger air outtake, in order to avoid a heat accumulation. You achieve smaller currents by using a smaller propeller or a one cell smaller battery.
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
I'd be suprised if the YGE was overloaded. I estimate current to be about 125A with my set-up. The YGE is rated for 160A continuous.
And why won't the 3 beeps stop ? I would have thought it would stop once temps return to normal - it still beeps today when I connect it.