HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:48 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,804 Posts
I must qualify my earlier statement.. the spinner we tried was a turbo nosecone, 36mm. Not sure if the 30mm one has a lip that locks the bottom of the plastic part, but the 36mm doesn't.

I think they are probably suitable for the Aeronaut prop range, which don't recommend spinning above about 10K.

But hey.. get one and try it. You don't know for certain unless you do.
BulletMaster is online now Find More Posts by BulletMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:10 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,325 Posts
Hahaha Blitzu, Brian Harris doesnt do anything conventionally (and he'll tell you all about why conventional is wrong )
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:30 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,350 Posts
[QUOTE=blitzu;23889985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
Arctery,
We tried those spinners at 33K RPM + and they deformed to the point of imbalance.

Bro i was thinking about going with a aeronaut folding spinner..would they handle 28k rpm ish no worries?
cheers
Thats the level of rpm I'm turning and it works fine. No experience with them over 30k, and I take BM's word for it.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:45 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
[QUOTE=blitzu;23889985]
Quote:
Arctery,
We tried those spinners at 33K RPM + and they deformed to the point of imbalance.

Bro i was thinking about going with a aeronaut folding spinner..would they handle 28k rpm ish no worries?
cheers
I use the Aeronaut on mine now cause Graupner is impossible to get here....I just trimmed the spinner cap a bit and use it for fixed and folding props.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:47 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,833 Posts
Quote:
I must qualify my earlier statement.. the spinner we tried was a turbo nosecone, 36mm. Not sure if the 30mm one has a lip that locks the bottom of the plastic part, but the 36mm doesn't.

I think they are probably suitable for the Aeronaut prop range, which don't recommend spinning above about 10K.

But hey.. get one and try it. You don't know for certain unless you do.
Yes,it has a grove for the cap to lock in.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:15 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,804 Posts
Pics of the one I have...
BulletMaster is online now Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:37 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,818 Posts
Quote:
Arctery,
We tried those spinners at 33K RPM + and they deformed to the point of imbalance (on a Reverb/wasp/mibo).

RFM does a CF spinner, but it's a folder type. Means the blade choice is more restricted.
I will go with a prop adaptor.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Hahaha Blitzu, Brian Harris doesnt do anything conventionally (and he'll tell you all about why conventional is wrong )
I knew I'd seen that style of model before (in Blitzu's avatar). Clever man, and boy can he build !

Having said that, I disagreed with him about my prop choice at the Ampfest (and i think I was right)
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:58 AM
The Prop is Where its At!
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot View Post
I knew I'd seen that style of model before (in Blitzu's avatar). Clever man, and boy can he build !

Having said that, I disagreed with him about my prop choice at the Ampfest (and i think I was right)
Yip deano...he knows his s%#t bigtime ay...I was rnd at his place 4wks ago,told him w i had jst brought (your props/swist)...i havnt heard frm him since then,think our friendship has gone frm mates to competion now as he WILL be in 2nd once i get my b-b up in running

hehe Yip chris,old man harris is very unconventional and very eeeecentric about everything...especally his planes
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:03 AM
Joined Dec 2012
816 Posts
[QUOTE=VooDoo Child;23890777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post

I use the Aeronaut on mine now cause Graupner is impossible to get here....I just trimmed the spinner cap a bit and use it for fixed and folding props.
Excellent cheers D
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:55 AM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
Yip deano...he knows his s%#t bigtime ay...I was rnd at his place 4wks ago,told him w i had jst brought (your props/swist)...i havnt heard frm him since then,think our friendship has gone frm mates to competion now as he WILL be in 2nd once i get my b-b up in running
Pretty sure Brian will disown you for not using the props he suggests

Man, now that there is a few of us I'm going to have to start driving up to Auck's for the pylon. Need more time off work!
sykotic is online now Find More Posts by sykotic
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 AM
Joined Dec 2012
816 Posts
Definitly!
Its all mostly gas planes at pylon,x2 electrics last time..(harris beat john danks by 1 sec).I reckon us electric guys need to get a web page or sumthing and adopt the f5d course and just run electric races based on times being close to each other.No limits on plane size mtr radi rah...

(sorry if that was off topic people )
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,325 Posts
I would be down at Patetonga this weekend, but am off to the airshow on Nth shore. A few guys from work have been down there racing (nitro)

An F5D ship is next on the list. Maybe a summit with geared sawtooth just to be different

Ill have to keep an eye on Brian, to make sure hes keeping an eye on his own plane, and not too busy measuring my cuts with a micrometer
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
I would be down at Patetonga this weekend, but am off to the airshow on Nth shore. A few guys from work have been down there racing (nitro)

An F5D ship is next on the list. Maybe a summit with geared sawtooth just to be different

Ill have to keep an eye on Brian, to make sure hes keeping an eye on his own plane, and not too busy measuring my cuts with a micrometer
lol hard! hes likes saying "i was flat and level-when really its a shallow dive thou the traps...hehe.
Is Patetonga on this weekend? Mite hav to go for a ganda..
Gutted to miss "jet man" this weekend...oh well that $ will pay for my batts/servos.

Summit/turbine
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:20 PM
Joined Dec 2012
816 Posts
Nice! Its together x3 2mm carbon rod pins in the tail,all filleted,nose docked,ready for servos.A couple of hs 65s and a 82mg.Wantted a bit mre touqe on elev and i hear that hs85's hunt arnd a little bit so i'll try a 82mg...any1 know if it has any flaws..? cheers...