SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:49 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Now i am not trying to be a when i say this,but anybody that thinks $600.00 is alot of money for an airframe like this,i say the guys that come up with the plane,molds,paint schemes,and put these things to life are insanly UNDERPAID.....The time it takes to put out 1 airframe,plus what it takes to ship,and what the dist makes + shipping,there is not much there for anybody bringing this stuff to us........NOBODY is getting rich building or selling HP airframes
F5D Kyrill (7 min 13 sec)
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:52 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
^ +1

I doubt theres even much money in pumping out "traditional" matchsticks and covering film ARFs out of china!

Id guess foamies are where the monies at...
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:23 PM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Now i am not trying to be a when i say this,but anybody that thinks $600.00 is alot of money for an airframe like this,i say the guys that come up with the plane,molds,paint schemes,and put these things to life are insanly UNDERPAID.....The time it takes to put out 1 airframe,plus what it takes to ship,and what the dist makes + shipping,there is not much there for anybody bringing this stuff to us........NOBODY is getting rich building or selling HP airframes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNW1b1andU
I would definately not say that these aircrafts are a rip off in any form ,they are a good deal for all the work that goes into them.
Not a doubt in my mind at all about how little money is made making these things. thanks for the video VooDoo
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+
Last edited by TheBlood+; Jan 04, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:43 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
That would be cool, or actually a photo of the battery configuration would be fine.

You using 2x4 TP 2200mah 65C? or 45C?

Thanks Dude.
No problem man...here is a vid....and just in case you could not see,first plug in was Pos 2 cell to Pos 4cell as i forgot to mention it in the video
2X4 6S plug in (2 min 59 sec)
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:03 AM
The Prop is Where its At!
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
869 Posts
Heya voodoo-did you use 6mm connecters frm susa? Or will the 4mm kontronic silver bullets be enough to handle those 140 odd amps? Cheers bro
Nice my "beast" is on its way!
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:03 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...air_20pc_.html

The high performance connector of choice

Voodoo looks to be using 4mm long style bullets though. I dont see the point of expensive hard to get connectors (ie kontroniks in NZ )
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:00 AM
The Prop is Where its At!
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
869 Posts
Yip,they look alrite cheers
The last couple of times i've got my "silver bullets",its either been thou ian or the bandit..can't remember which it was...
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:13 AM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post

Voodoo looks to be using 4mm long style bullets though. I dont see the point of expensive hard to get connectors (ie kontroniks in NZ )
+1

I ran them on 9S/150A peak no worries at all
DownUnderPilot is offline Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:39 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
So! Which models are delivered in the state of completion the buyer deserves when he is spending his hard earned savings with the anticipation of an easy installation of only the driveline and servos to get going?

My list so far:
1) X-plane
2) none
?? What makes the Swist worse then a X-plane?

Xplane isn't even available to buy for everyone, only a fiew selected ones.

Xplane comes with a buildt in elevator servo not capable of the task making alot of planes crash.

Swist can do more then 300mph, it's by FAR the fastest pylonracer out there.

but still Xplane top of list?!
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:36 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
That logic is so screwey, and full of errors.

X-plane do not come with elevator servos anymore, that was the servo manufacturers fault, not Yuris.

Anyone can order an X.

How can you say the swist is fastest? Have you bolted a turbine to every F5D model on the planet and then compared them scientifically? I dont keep up with the latest in F5D champs, but dont they all fly Avioniks?

Im not beating up on the swist at all, I want one! "half truths" suck though

Add the Speedfire too the list of perfect out of the box moldies. Youve got the rest covered that Ive come across. The lil S400 voodoo is probably at the top of my list
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:11 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
976 Posts
Wasn't your swist a triple carbon version though henke?

I still think the fastest pylon model is the D05/06. I doubt many pylon flyers would argue that either.

For what it's worth. I've worked on Avioniks, Enigmas, Sumits, Arians, Voodoos and an older Demon F5D model and none of them required fuse modification to get the wing on. The point is its a moulded wing saddle designed to seat the wing perfectly. If the wing doesn't bolt on then its a build error and the fuse should have been rejected and not sent out. If I did a dodgey fuse I would have kept it as a spare for myself or sold it to a friend or something for cheap.

I just read the other thread about the swist that had a damaged wingtip and some paint flaws. But it was still sent out and I can't help but feel something is slipping in the swist quality control department. It doesn't matter how much an airframe is, $600 or $2000 consistency should be expected from every model regardless of price.

A while ago I was talking to Sergey (Avioniks) about the swist design, as I originally thought it was his design because it looks so similar to the DO5's. He quickly dismissed this but said a few things which I will not share that didn't give me much confidence in the swist design. (Atleast as a competitive F5D airframe). It looks like however the swist guys managed to grab a horizontal DO5 stab mould off Sergey as the two look identical in every picture I've seen.

A combination of everything above hasn't really made me a swist fan from the beginning but it does look like a really fun sport model and I've said in the past I would get one. But not for F5D and probably not anymore after the issues I've heard with them.

Long post I know, probably doesn't make alot if sense either, Aussie heat is taking a toll I reckon
SlowBarless is online now Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:30 AM
USA, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Sep 2006
58 Posts
What throws do you use for the Swist (flap version) and where's your CG?
bluelevel is offline Find More Posts by bluelevel
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:39 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBarless View Post
Wasn't your swist a triple carbon version though henke?
Still a shelf product. And it has gone over 300mph, any other airframe in this class that is faster than that??
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:46 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Still a shelf product. And it has gone over 300mph, any other airframe in this class that is faster than that??
TRUE, its a +300mph aiframe for sure, but you still have a handfull of F5D:s to test , im not sure the Swist would be the fastest...

But I guess we would never know as with Electric its a limit around 250...

so you win this time
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post

Mine are E-Flight bullets from the LHS