HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+ View Post
I just asked because I have lots of HS65hb's on hand already.
Blood: I had the same three 65hb in two different escapes for hundreds of flights with no slop ever. First escape wing broke in flight and I reused the servos. I also have three 65hb in my jolt now with no issues at all. They do not develop slop and are strong and reliable. If they fit I would use them in a heartbeat.
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Do I need to be concerned that the wheel collar is touching the back of the motor or do I need to leave a gap ?
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Last edited by War Machine; Nov 27, 2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit View Post
Blood: I had the same three 65hb in two different escapes for hundreds of flights with no slop ever. First escape wing broke in flight and I reused the servos. I also have three 65hb in my jolt now with no issues at all. They do not develop slop and are strong and reliable. If they fit I would use them in a heartbeat.
I also think the hs65HB are one of the most reliable servos out there, 100% sloopfree, plenty of power for this aplications... to me one of the best servos(analog) ever made(in terms of reliabiletty, no sloop over time, accuracy,and price)

even if hyp 09 are thinner and fit better, from what Ive seen and read, I would not buy them again, after the pot issues thay have?/had... Id rather buy the new Hitec expensive slim servos or Dymond 60 or similiar if to fit the Wing pocket/servo covers.

The ONLY problem with the 65 servos are they are to big in width, thats why I did managed to get bigger servocovers for my Viper in wing , Thanks Tim

7 years of flying with the hs65hb, never had one problem, no sloop over time, GREAT servos..

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Nov 27, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Yep, I've been using Hs 65hb's for a couple of seasons now in my Escapes with zero issues also, they seem great! But I test fitted them in the Swist wing and they fit fine by removing the mounting flanges, but alas....they are too thick to fit under the CF servo covers provided.
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,791 Posts
I love those hs65hb's. No slop ever and never had one fail. I think I got servo covers from soaring usa that worked. They have a little bulge that fits the thicker servo's.
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Anybody heard of Tahmazo brand servos? Apparently they are the same as Dymonds?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlood+ View Post
Anybody heard of Tahmazo brand servos? Apparently they are the same as Dymonds?
You mean this one? http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/16706
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:13 PM
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Yes that's one choice.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBarless View Post
How did you manage the fix??
It took a dremel to the brass inserts to thin them out a bit,then fashioned a 3mm nut to fit under,then fit it all together with carbon tow wraped around the nut,and over it so it would never spin.....also made the jackosmeister carbon fiber epoxy to wet the tow...works like a champ,and is strong as hell......as for me stripping the brass,i do crank on the wing screws seeing how the Swist has the aluminum cores in the wing,so that could have been it,not to mention-i have hit the wing into some massive ant hills on landings I now also always wrap the back of the wing to the fuz with some killer 3M black vinyle tape before every flight,it sure helps for those not so perfect landings
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
EDIT-Not even getting into that servo conversation on second thought : )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Nov 27, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: trying to be smart and stuff.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,530 Posts
mine will have aluminum arms
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:39 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
is aluminum better for wearness then Nylon ?
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:43 AM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,530 Posts
After seeing what happened to VooDoo's servo control arm when the flutter hit there is no way I am using anything but aluminum above 225mph on any of my speed planes. Am switching the Monster to MKS thin wing with aluminum arms and aluminum control horns.
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
is aluminum better for wearness then Nylon ?
I think nylon wears better actually. If you're running a clevis or Z/L bends into a metal control horn, vibration will make it sloppy really quickly. If you want to run a metal control horn Id strongly suggest sticking to ball links only.
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:28 AM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
It took a dremel to the brass inserts to thin them out a bit,then fashioned a 3mm nut to fit under,then fit it all together with carbon tow wraped around the nut,and over it so it would never spin.....also made the jackosmeister carbon fiber epoxy to wet the tow...works like a champ,and is strong as hell......as for me stripping the brass,i do crank on the wing screws seeing how the Swist has the aluminum cores in the wing,so that could have been it,not to mention-i have hit the wing into some massive ant hills on landings I now also always wrap the back of the wing to the fuz with some killer 3M black vinyle tape before every flight,it sure helps for those not so perfect landings
Nice fix! Pretty sure the Avioniks are done the same way with the brass inserts. Mine is 4 years old and the threads are still good . There's no need to really crank down on the bolts. If you're concerned about them losening just get some cheap clear tape and put over the bolts before you fly so they cant vibrate loose
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close