Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 31, 2010, 01:00 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Question
HK500CMT heli info

I may have a good deal on a HK500CMT, but I know very little about it except what I've read on some other forums. None of it good. It looks like it's been crashed, no blades on head, but otherwise looks okay. It has a scale body kit with retracts that I have yet to remove. I've read these kits have soft spots and may turn into a total rebuild. I have built a Dragonis but at least then I had instructions What's everyones opinion on this bird? Should I low ball the guy and just hang some cheap blades on it and hang it from the ceiling or try and fly it?
flying jeep is offline Find More Posts by flying jeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:16 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Typically, a used heli goes for about 50 to 60 per cent of retail.
The HK 500 CMT new is $99.99.

You didn't mention if electronics, batteries, etc. were included. If they are, find out what brand and google it to find retail prices.

The main shaft, main gear, anti-rotation gear, tail shaft, and tail blade grips are typical replacements. Not saying you have to change them out ASAP, but something to keep in mind.

Also, you could download a Trex 500 instruction manual to aide you.
If you do purchase that heli, I'd recomment to tear it down and rebuild it for safety reasons if nothing else.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:22 PM
Brownsburg, Indiana
Joined Aug 2005
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Typically, a used heli goes for about 50 to 60 per cent of retail.
The HK 500 CMT new is $99.99.

You didn't mention if electronics, batteries, etc. were included. If they are, find out what brand and google it to find retail prices.

The main shaft, main gear, anti-rotation gear, tail shaft, and tail blade grips are typical replacements. Not saying you have to change them out ASAP, but something to keep in mind.

Also, you could download a Trex 500 instruction manual to aide you.
If you do purchase that heli, I'd recomment to tear it down and rebuild it for safety reasons if nothing else.
Thanks for the input. It looks complete except for batteries. It does have a small Lipo for the radio. It also has a Heliartist scale fuselage with retracts. It sounds like it's an Align Trex clone so parts are no problem. If I could only get the radio to work.... It's a Turnigy 9x that I got to light up but will not do anything else. Someone said it needs to be re-flashed?
flying jeep is offline Find More Posts by flying jeep
Old Jan 01, 2011, 10:26 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Sorry, can't help you with the Turnigy 9x, I'm not familiar with it.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule