HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:56 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
Ari,

I use the "Aux1+Aux2(RTH)" setting so that the lower two positions on the 3 position switch on Aux1 moves between menu items and the third position turns on RTH. The Aux2 is the Select switch. Works great for me.

Kent
Hey Ken so I have several questions but my main thing is, I reset my settings to the aux1 and aux 2 but I am not seeing on my osd the fail safe engage text, do I have to reconfigure my Transmitter? Meaning running the servo wizard?

Ari
BladeRex is offline Find More Posts by BladeRex
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
do you believe i could use them settings for my sky surfer/bixler. my return to home has a very wide turn around and if im not atleast 300 ft i dont believe the motor even kicks on to keep altitude. thanks for your post
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2012
54 Posts
Readymaderc sells them. A new fpv foamy pusher.
rdarby777 is offline Find More Posts by rdarby777
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:27 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooksey View Post
do you believe i could use them settings for my sky surfer/bixler. my return to home has a very wide turn around and if im not atleast 300 ft i dont believe the motor even kicks on to keep altitude. thanks for your post
It will work, there is a guy that I fly with and he has it there, look on you tube for Dhdsracer,
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:15 AM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
264 Posts
No apology needed....we're all friends :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRex View Post
What's the penguin? And please excuse my ignorance,
They're an FPV specific plane made by Finwing. ReadyMadeRC sells them and in my opinion, they're a great deal. I'm very happy with the capabilities and huge internal bay to carry a load of electronics and camera(s).

Kent
KentF is online now Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:19 AM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRex View Post
Hey Ken so I have several questions but my main thing is, I reset my settings to the aux1 and aux 2 but I am not seeing on my osd the fail safe engage text, do I have to reconfigure my Transmitter? Meaning running the servo wizard?

Ari
Does your setting say "Aux1/Aux2" or does it say "Aux1/Aux2 (RTH)"? The "(RTH)" option does not show up unless you run the servo wizard and setup the safety "stuff". Once you see the "RTH" show with the Aux1/Aux2 then you should get it to go into RTH by flipping your three position switch all of the way up.

Kent
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
54 Posts
Move that pitot tube kent...mine got ripped out in the grass on the landing. I moved mine to the wing and used a hanger to fish the tubing through. It's a pain to hook up every time but its better than the chunk that's missing from my nose now...off subject...what do you use to repair foam loss lol. Anyone try that great stuff foam spray?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdarby777 View Post
Move that pitot tube kent...mine got ripped out in the grass on the landing. I moved mine to the wing and used a hanger to fish the tubing through. It's a pain to hook up every time but its better than the chunk that's missing from my nose now...off subject...what do you use to repair foam loss lol. Anyone try that great stuff foam spray?
Yeh...I figured I'm playing with fire a little with that tube up front. I usually fly from a asphalt runway so it hasn't been a problem. The bigger issue is on the workbench I continually bump into it. The first time it gets hit enought to loosen it, I'm going to move it to the wing.

Looks like pretty good weather for the weekend. Going to up my motor to a 4S and try it with two 4S 4000mah batteries to see what kind of range I can get. The 4S should draw lower current and with 8000mah total on board, I should get some good flight time.

Kent
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Quote:
Does your setting say "Aux1/Aux2" or does it say "Aux1/Aux2 (RTH)"? The "(RTH)" option does not show up unless you run the servo wizard and setup the safety "stuff". Once you see the "RTH" show with the Aux1/Aux2 then you should get it to go into RTH by flipping your three position switch all of the way up.

Kent
So when I run the servo wizard, at what point do I set the switch?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Hi Kent,
another option is to make the pitot flexible

cut with a dremel the last 10mm of the outer tube and break the glue on the end.
dismount the parts. cut the inner tube in 2 to 3 mm distance to the outer tube.
look fo a silicone hose which fits over the outer tube and with a inner diameter like the supported thin silicone hose. i use a hoses for nito-models.
the lage hose should be 20 to 30mm (10 outside the hull, the rest inside). push the thin hose through the larger one and over the tube for the dynamic pressure.
push the lager hose over the outer tube. don´t glue the hose in your hull - silicone hoses tend to break at such points. the static pressure can be measured inside the fuse, so you don´t need the second connection.

enclosed pics like i´ve made this on my wing. zoom in and you see the inner tube shining through the silcone hose.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Oct 2012
54 Posts
Nice work I assume u have tested and flown with good accurate readings.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Nice work I assume u have tested and flown with good accurate readings.
Hi,

yes, i get accurate readings. i use this method on my wing for the last 8 months. the second advantage of this mounting ... you can bend the tube (correction of the angle of attack) so that the pitot is straight to the incident flow.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
264 Posts
That flexible pitot is nice. Might try that if I need to. Thanks,

Kent
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:39 AM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Quote:

Kent
Is there an specific thing I should be looking at it,?
I am sorry man, I learn more like hands On and watching other people doing it too,

Ari
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Here is my setup for the Penguin. The RTH seems to work well for me on these settings. The turn back to home is more aggressive than the standard settings but not overly aggressive. Seems to track and hold altitude well for the trip back to pappa. During normal flight I feel like a fight the pitch a little bit so I plan on adjusting those numbers a little but the RTH settings I'm keeping right where they are.

Kent

Safety Configuration
Max Airspeed 43
Minimum Ground Spd 0
Cruise Altitude 350
Home RTH Altitiude Mode Normal
Set Home RTH Alt 375
Home Altitude Radius 300
Altitude Error 50
Pitch Proportional Gain 45
Pitch Derivative Gain 45
Turn Proportional Limit 30
Turn Proportional Gain 55
Turn Integral Gain 55
Turn Derivative Gain 50

Guardian Stabilization Setup
Stabilizer Pitch Gain 7
Stabilizer Roll Gain 7
Stabilizer Turn Gain 7
Stabilizer Overall Gain 8
Max Stab Pitch Normal 75
Max Stab Roll Normal 75
Max Stab Pitch RTH 25
Max Stab Roll RTH 70
Stabilizer Responsiveness 7
Enable Heading Hold No
Stick Center Stabilize Only No
Center Stick Box Size 5
Kent,

This post might be a life saver for me! First trip out to the field today with the EagleTree set up and I struggled to get the Penguin to come back. It held altitude like it should, but it wouldn't turn to come home. I noticed you have the Max Stab Roll RTH cranked way up. I was hesitant to turn it up too much. I'm going to adjust mine exactly how you have it and give it a shot.

Thanks!
6bolt2g is offline Find More Posts by 6bolt2g