HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:36 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Same here. I took my FY-20A off and replaced it with a Guardian. Except for a slow initial turn, it flew RTH perfectly on default settings. No zig-zagging as was often the case with both FY-20A and FMA co-pilot before that.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by al1242 View Post
RTH works great with the guardian on my Skywalker. I used all defaults initially but have tweaked the settings to make it turn in a little faster. I never did get RTH to work reliably before the Guardian, even with the FY-20A for stabilization.
GREAT THANKS. what about the best way to trig RTH? use the throttle trim? seemed it is better to toggle one switch channle to trig it. (tired fly and want home )
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:48 PM
Joined Jul 2010
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit123 View Post
GREAT THANKS. what about the best way to trig RTH? use the throttle trim? seemed it is better to toggle one switch channle to trig it. (tired fly and want home )
What is the problem ?

Just set a switch to adjust the throttle channel to the desired value.
3frcg is offline Find More Posts by 3frcg
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:14 AM
Joined Jan 2008
402 Posts
Somehow I did a free mix in my MX16 that sets the throttle to -150, whatever the current throttle position. Very useful since I don't need to set throttle to idle before triggering RTH... saved my plane's life already
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:45 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
TwinStar rudder shakes

I'm trying to set up RTH for my TwinStar.
I use default RTH values, rudder for turn and gave half rudder deflection in "servo analysis wizard". The Flight Simulator works when steering manually.

When activating RTH with Flight Simulator, the rudder quickly moves from center to one side and back once a second. Sometimes it moves from one side to the other and back. Then the rudder will stop shaking but the simulated plane on the radar screen will still turn back and forth like crazy. I don't dare to test this for real, given the violent movements.

The elevator is better but sort of twitches sometimes.

I've tried to change the safety wizard settings for a while but it's a slow process. "Turn derivative gain" makes the problem somewhat better at a distance but not when close to home pos.

What settings should I use? Thanks.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:51 AM
First to go over 106K feet
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Mar 2008
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
I'm trying to set up RTH for my TwinStar.
I use default RTH values, rudder for turn and gave half rudder deflection in "servo analysis wizard". The Flight Simulator works when steering manually.

When activating RTH with Flight Simulator, the rudder quickly moves from center to one side and back once a second. Sometimes it moves from one side to the other and back. Then the rudder will stop shaking but the simulated plane on the radar screen will still turn back and forth like crazy. I don't dare to test this for real, given the violent movements.

The elevator is better but sort of twitches sometimes.

I've tried to change the safety wizard settings for a while but it's a slow process. "Turn derivative gain" makes the problem somewhat better at a distance but not when close to home pos.

What settings should I use? Thanks.
The twitchiness is normal on the simulator.
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:57 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
Thanks Crist. Then maybe I dare to try it on the flight today!
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:24 AM
First to go over 106K feet
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Mar 2008
2,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
Thanks Crist. Then maybe I dare to try it on the flight today!
Good idea! Keep with in visual for the first few times.
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Oct 02, 2011, 04:55 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
...and I did try it. Worked fine when I tried it a few times close by (yay!) but when I tried again later at bigger distances the autopilot never triggered. The throttle went into the correct unattainably low value but failsafe wasn't detected. I tried several times and it never detected failsafe again. Maybe I changed some trim but I should be able to, right?
Any idea?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined May 2008
18 Posts
Hello!

I have a pro osd with a gardian osd
I have a radio with Futaba 6EX with a dragon link
I use a switch (CH 5) to access the MENU
I use another switch (CH6) for selection
I want to know how to
Example: I am flying and I lost the receipt of the video
If I trim my throttle - 20% does my rth engaged
Would you have a solution
help help me !!
eegloo74 is offline Find More Posts by eegloo74
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined May 2008
18 Posts
Hello!

I want to know how to
help help me !!
eegloo74 is offline Find More Posts by eegloo74
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:52 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Eegloo,
Do a search on EagleTree's OSD thread for "carlyle method" of activating RTH with a switch. That's the way I do it and it works like a charm when I set the switch to move my throttle to the negative value.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
I should be flying right now!
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegloo74 View Post
Hello!

I want to know how to
help help me !!
Here is the link for the Carlyle Method, I have it as a saved favorite

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2111
al1242 is offline Find More Posts by al1242
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:40 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
ok guys can someone post their settings for the osd for return to home? I have the ET pro and eloggerV3 with the gaurdian,,im using a 6chnl futaba fm transmitter with a pcm reciever. On the skysurfer witch has alerions.i have everything installed and have been playing around with it on the table.I lost a plane not to long ago and just got this to replace it.Total loss was bt $850 , my eagletree was in another plane and was never setup for RTH . i dont want to loose this one..Thanks for any help..
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey
Last edited by jcooksey; Feb 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:28 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,312 Posts
rth settings for skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooksey View Post
ok guys can someone post their settings for the osd for return to home? I have the ET pro and eloggerV3 with the gaurdian,,im using a 6chnl futaba fm transmitter with a pcm reciever. On the skysurfer witch has alerions.i have everything installed and have been playing around with it on the table.I lost a plane not to long ago and just got this to replace it.Total loss was bt $850 , my eagletree was in another plane and was never setup for RTH . i dont want to loose this one..Thanks for any help..
hi,
here you find my settings for a skywalker ... i don´t know if these sets are perfect for the skysurfer, because the skywalker is really stabele and needs large angles to turn. maybe you have to reduce the maximum angles.
i used the same settings for the first flights with a easyglider and needed minor changes to get a perfect stable rth. the manual gives you a lot of hints to improve the behavior.

changes after the video: as some people mentioned issues with "heading-hold" in cojunction with rth .... i had never problems, but switched off the heading hold .... just to be "safe"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1545

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1