SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:24 PM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercando View Post
Bump... What are you guys frozen or drowned?
Mostly drowned... The last couple of days were not bad, though We take what we can get, this time of year.

Happy New Year
raturne is offline Find More Posts by raturne
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:22 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne View Post
Mostly drowned... The last couple of days were not bad, though We take what we can get, this time of year.

Happy New Year
I have a stobel again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and a nice Ober winch to launch it with now Ron ill be in YVR again on the 10th - I can have my "driver" bring it with her...
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:11 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
324 Posts
Ober winch and a Stobel. Santa sure likes you. I will bet that an Ober winch is the best way to pull the wings off of a stobel.
I have an old beater Stobel we can try it on.
See you this spring at Anderson turf.
Wayne
Airbud is online now Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:52 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,143 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Dave - I was worried that I was going to have nothing to do that weekend

Regarding the Trials, I was thinking earlier in the month - first or second weekend in May.

Thoughts?
Spring is fast approaching, has a date been decided on?

If you have been following the W/C thread bulletin #1 is out.
We have actually missed the deadline for preliminary entry
The final deadline for entry is May 31.

To be fair to the alternates this will not give much time after the trials for those who qualify to make the decision to go.
Flights and vacations need to be booked, accommodations arranged.
Probably too late at that point to actually order any new top of the line models, so you better have what you want to fly already

Without a team there is right now no team manager, so no one who can officially contact the organizers.

I propose that if there are no objections that I contact the organisers (unofficially) to tell them we intend to send a team. We can't let a thing like bad luck with the weather last fall get in the way of sending a team.

Thoughts?

Pat MacKenzie

edit - By no means am I saying don't fly in the trials if you don't plan on going - The more contestants the better.
And if you make the team there is time to decide, just not a lot of it
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Last edited by pmackenzie; Mar 02, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:15 PM
Joined Jun 2002
134 Posts
I think it would be great if you'd contact the organizers - no objections, here.

Any thoughts on a preferred date?
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:50 PM
Joined Dec 2002
17,143 Posts
I think you should pick it based on which weekend would get the most entrants/timers/helpers.

Later in the month looks a bit better weather wise, but not a huge difference:

http://weatherspark.com/averages/284...olumbia-Canada

A bit warmer later in the month and slightly lower chance of rain.
(If anyone knows who to call to arrange it, we don't want rain )

The only weekend Ivan and I have something going on is 18/19 but we would skip that for the team trials. That is the long weekend, which works out better for some and worse for others who have family commitments.

No matter what date you pick someone won't be happy

I sent an email to the W/C organizers letting them know that we intend to send a team, but don't have one selected yet. I will let you know what response I get back.

Pat MacKenzie
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:08 PM
Joined Jun 2002
134 Posts
Thanks for the info, Pat.

I'm probably one of those folks for whom the long weekend is a bad choice (though I could probably make it work, if necessary).

Does anyone have a preference for a weekend for the Team Trials? I'll make a decision Friday based on responses here. I'll also reach out to a couple of people I know who would want to be involved but who may not read this forum on a regular basis.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:14 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Pat.

I'm probably one of those folks for whom the long weekend is a bad choice (though I could probably make it work, if necessary).

Does anyone have a preference for a weekend for the Team Trials? I'll make a decision Friday based on responses here. I'll also reach out to a couple of people I know who would want to be involved but who may not read this forum on a regular basis.
im here to help - might fly but I doubt it - i have to get my stobel in shape and im not sure if ill just take someone out ....my launches are hard but -- crazy

I assume the WC is in July this year ? we are doing our f3j TS likely July 20th -
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Dec 2002
17,143 Posts
F3K World champs are July 21 -28, so if any of the BC guys want to fly at the worlds and the F3J trials you might want to consider that when you schedule the latter.

Pat MacKenzie
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:49 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
F3K World champs are July 21 -28, so if any of the BC guys want to fly at the worlds and the F3J trials you might want to consider that when you schedule the latter.

Pat MacKenzie
No conflict for me I am still paying off the 2012 WC J event - I cant afford back to back WC events...
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Nov 2002
254 Posts
Quote:
I'll make a decision Friday based on responses here. I'll also reach out to a couple of people I know who would want to be involved but who may not read this forum on a regular basis.
Hi Ron,

Did you decide on a date? Anything works for me as long as I have enough advance notice.

Jason
DlgHucker is offline Find More Posts by DlgHucker
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:38 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Nov 2002
254 Posts
Flying season has started!

Now that the time change has happened I am starting to get itchy thumbs. If anyone is interested in getting together to do some flying out in Mission or at Deer Lake let me know.

Jason
DlgHucker is offline Find More Posts by DlgHucker
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:04 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
324 Posts
Any date works with myself also. As long as I know in advance.
Jason, If you are ever in Maple Ridge and want to fly just call me. I have a few new sites to fly at. One seems to have good strong thermals. Hat suckers.
Airbud is online now Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Mar 12, 2013, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2002
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlgHucker View Post
Hi Ron,

Did you decide on a date? Anything works for me as long as I have enough advance notice.

Jason
All things considered, I'm thinking May 4th and 5th for the Team Trials. I'd actually prefer to have it the next weekend (so that there's some time between the Tune Up and the Team Trials) but holding it on the 11th and 12th would conflict with the SASS HLG contest on the 11th and I know some folks were hoping we might get some participation from the Seattle guys, if only to help fill out the roster. I still have to run this date by Anderson's, but I'm not anticipating any conflicts there...

Everyone ok with May 4th and 5th?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
Joined Dec 2002
17,143 Posts
OK with me.

Set it in stone and we will book our flights.