Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne View Post
Ivan, we've submitted a proposal to MAAC (via Simon) to host the Trials and will follow up with him early this week. I am not, however, holding my breath on this one as I believe that MAAC require at least an 8 month lead time from acceptance of a bid to the date of the event. I've requested that MAAC waive the lead time requirement, so we'll see...

The alternative is what ? No team when in reality we have a willing group - good pilots and the most Amazing CD who "willingly" volunteered for the event ? Hopefully MAAC gives you guys a break -
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:59 AM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
123 Posts
I guess the alternative would be to wait the 8 months and then hold the Trials somewhere warm - like Phoenix, in February
raturne is offline Find More Posts by raturne
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne View Post
I guess the alternative would be to wait the 8 months and then hold the Trials somewhere warm - like Phoenix, in February
I have been all over that tpoic for J ...trials need ot be held on CDN soil apparently ..

So maybe Osoyos
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:12 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,966 Posts
Anyone want to fling DLGs this week at Oakalla?
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
123 Posts
I'll be out this weekend, at some point (likely Sunday afternoon)...
raturne is offline Find More Posts by raturne
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:36 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Nov 2002
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee View Post
Anyone want to fling DLGs this week at Oakalla?
Hi Thomas,

Sorry I just saw this now. I was out for a couple hours this morning. Conditions were great! I can't make it tomorrow - maybe Sunday. I'll let you know if I can.

Jason

PS The tail feathers showed up this week - they look great! You guys are doing nice work.
DlgHucker is online now Find More Posts by DlgHucker
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:50 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,966 Posts
oops! no worries, I won't be able to make it on Sunday. sometime next week?

I'll probably head out there a couple days next week to get my planes trimmed out for Seattle next weekend
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:48 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
283 Posts
What time on Saturday, (today)?
I would like to see your new wing fly.
It looks like a nice day to fly.
Wayne
Airbud is offline Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:12 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,966 Posts
Dang, sorry I missed you Wayne. Didn't seem like anyone was going out today so I flew a bit in my backyard. I just changed my radio system and forgot to note all the proper CG and throws, so I'm trying to retrim my 2 planes right now. Hope I can get out again on Monday and finish getting them to fly right.

Are you free any other day of the week, or are you going to SASS on the 14th? I will have 2 new sets on hand until I hand them over on the 14th so you can take a look at those rather than a somewhat beat-up prototype I'm flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:08 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
283 Posts
Maybe Monday we can fly. Depending on the weather..
I did not make it to Oakalla on Saturday either. I flew in my hood instead.
I got into some of the best thermals I have seen in some time. I was out of site for half an hour on my first through. Landed to check the battery and launched again for another half hour flight.
Landed again because of soar neck and joints. It was awesome.
Airbud is offline Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:15 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,966 Posts
Can't make it on Monday, going to be spending the day with my mom and brother, and going to get my license renewed.
Doesn't it feel great to have to force the plane down?? That's an awesome feeling
I can't wait to fly with you guys again, flying alone isn't nearly as fun!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Can't make it on Monday, going to be spending the day with my mom and brother, and going to get my license renewed.
Doesn't it feel great to have to force the plane down?? That's an awesome feeling
I can't wait to fly with you guys again, flying alone isn't nearly as fun!
Hey Thomas are you back in Canada for good again or just visiting ?

I am all out of DLG's - had to sell those toys for F3J planes for the World cup - can own all the toys I want...

Flying season has erupted ! the last two days have been excellent in Abby though yesterday was a little windy. Today at 8:40 am the sun is out and the light clouds look to be burning off!

This winter I want to build a small E glider out of DlG rejects so if you have suitable parts let me know! I just want something I can fly from my subdivision and land in my back yard I live on a hill that usually gets some interesting light wind now and then...it would be cool to put something up on those days but an easy glider will not slow down fast enough for the intended LZ...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,966 Posts
Hey Dave, those F3X planes sure get pretty expensive, especially when you need multiple top-of-the-line planes for the WC!

I'll keep it in mind, will let you know if we get any B-quality wings and tails coming through. They should work well for small powered gliders. I've been thinking about making a little 2m e-glider too for fun flying at sites without good traction to throw...hmm....

Will anyone be going to Oakalla on Thursday for Friday? If anyone heads over that way I'll come and join, otherwise I'll stay to fly in Richmond. Need to get a bit more practice in before my first contest in a long while.

I've been able to trim my gliders in my backyard (ok..my neighbour's backyard..shh!!!) but the ground sucks so I can only give gentle 30m launches in hopes I don't trip and fall. Not bad for a 30 second walk from my temporary workshop though!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
IF you want to put in some KM I have some great flying sites in Abby!

Quote:
Hey Dave, those F3X planes sure get pretty expensive, especially when you need multiple top-of-the-line planes for the WC!

I'll keep it in mind, will let you know if we get any B-quality wings and tails coming through. They should work well for small powered gliders. I've been thinking about making a little 2m e-glider too for fun flying at sites without good traction to throw...hmm....

Will anyone be going to Oakalla on Thursday for Friday? If anyone heads over that way I'll come and join, otherwise I'll stay to fly in Richmond. Need to get a bit more practice in before my first contest in a long while.

I've been able to trim my gliders in my backyard (ok..my neighbour's backyard..shh!!!) but the ground sucks so I can only give gentle 30m launches in hopes I don't trip and fall. Not bad for a 30 second walk from my temporary workshop though!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:52 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
2,966 Posts
Abby's quite a ways from Richmond, but I think we'll be flying in Mission on the 21st (right guys?), will you be there?

-

If anyone is interested, I will be at the Oakalla field flying handlaunch with Seiji on Sunday from 11. Should be great weather and lots of fun!
RCG Plus Member