HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:31 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
That is definetely a cyclic servo starting to go south, I've had it happen several times over the past few years....the risk of using low cost servos. Try a set of these, I have never had one fail in flight but I have a HXT900, MG90, and even a MG930.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9745

good luck fixing your baby....
Towerpro sg90 baught many of these and probably used around 15 of them and only 2 of those failed for the last couple of years. And their very cheap.
Those that you are talking about are made by towerpro I think. Their good for a beater.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 05:57 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,865 Posts
I am hooked , i will buy them

i just installed the g106 etech gyro into a 250 copter x and its not the same as the other 250 copter x with the assan ga250 gyro . you guys got me hooked with this gyro so i am going to order more .

thank you guys for a great gyro
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:46 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,250 Posts
Okay guys, got the chance to spool up the 250 with the GA-250 gyro installed. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the gyro. I like it more than the G401B - the Assan doesn't drift and has a more locked in feel. It does bounce when stopping ccw rotation, but not cw. This effect was reduced when I changed the servo neutral tail rotor pitch from about 10 degrees to 0 degrees. I may try to reduce the servo neutral pitch even further to a negative value and see if it helps more.

I haven't tried any 3D with it - I anticipate the tail will hold well for loops, rolls, flips, tic-tocs and other manoeuvres that don't have tail inputs. I do have some concern that pirouetting manoeuvres might end badly, but not too much - the bounces were only bad when I "let go" of the stick instead of returning it to neutral under control.

Assan GA-250 Gyro - Initial Tests (8 min 2 sec)
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:00 AM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
That is definetely a cyclic servo starting to go south, I've had it happen several times over the past few years....the risk of using low cost servos. Try a set of these, I have never had one fail in flight but I have a HXT900, MG90, and even a MG930.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9745

good luck fixing your baby....
ewood,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will snag some of those next order. I am running HXT900's which have been great, must have a bad one.

Brian,

Nice video, seems to be working pretty well on the GT. I have 4 more Assans on the way. Going to try on a 450 and 500 first, then the 250GT.
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:57 PM
United States, GA, Houston
Joined Dec 2007
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
I saw saw rikybob put up a video about the GA250 on his 500 a few posts back:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3570
Thanks, looks good. I am still in the building process for the HK-500 CMT, but the frame is finished, still waiting on a motor delivery to install the rest of the electronics including the GA 250.

By the way, for any of you that live in the South Eastern U.S., you may want to consider traveling to Perry, GA on the 4 or 5 of March for the SouthEastern Model Show at the Perry Fairgrounds. There will be 3 buildings full of vendors (~1000 tables) and RC swappers, as well as, a fourth building for an indoor flying and rc demos/flying outside. Here is a link http://gamarc.com/sms_2011.pdf for further information. Happily, it's only a 10 minute drive for me...

johrich
johrich is offline Find More Posts by johrich
Old Mar 02, 2011, 03:59 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johrich View Post
Thanks, looks good. I am still in the building process for the HK-500 CMT, but the frame is finished, still waiting on a motor delivery to install the rest of the electronics including the GA 250.

By the way, for any of you that live in the South Eastern U.S., you may want to consider traveling to Perry, GA on the 4 or 5 of March for the SouthEastern Model Show at the Perry Fairgrounds. There will be 3 buildings full of vendors (~1000 tables) and RC swappers, as well as, a fourth building for an indoor flying and rc demos/flying outside. Here is a link http://gamarc.com/sms_2011.pdf for further information. Happily, it's only a 10 minute drive for me...

johrich
I'll be there. Tables in McGill on row C around 20-22. 4.5 hours for me.
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Mar 02, 2011, 07:23 PM
United States, GA, Houston
Joined Dec 2007
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn View Post
I'll be there. Tables in McGill on row C around 20-22. 4.5 hours for me.
Great! I belong to the club that sponsors the show, I will be going in early to help set things up, should be a great show as it has been in past years.

johrich
johrich is offline Find More Posts by johrich
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:35 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,250 Posts
Okay, here it is - my (sorta) 3D flight test of this gyro. No surprises here. I don't fly a lot of pirouetting manoeuvres so this gyro seems to hold up really well for me. Not perfect, but the price point makes it a very good gyro for a beater helicopter.

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:32 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,865 Posts
nice job bwoollia , yep for 10.00 its definitly a keeper
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:10 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Okay, here it is - my (sorta) 3D flight test of this gyro. No surprises here. I don't fly a lot of pirouetting manoeuvres so this gyro seems to hold up really well for me. Not perfect, but the price point makes it a very good gyro for a beater helicopter.

thanks.

because we want GA250 cover the hard 3D applications too. so, what's the direction we should go?

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:33 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
thanks.

because we want GA250 cover the hard 3D applications too. so, what's the direction we should go?

meng
Adjustability. Delay would be a minimum, but stop or deceleration profiles for both left and right would resolve the left piro stop bounce. Either with a programming box (best, but expensive due to extra hardware) computer cable (good, but less portable) or more lights like on the gyro like a Logictech 2100T (less desirable - not intuitive).

The bounce is really obvious on a 250, however I imagine that the left and right hand stops will look different on a T-Rex 500 for example, even if there isn't a bounce. I know that I have different deceleration profiles for left and right on my Spartan DS760 that is on my T-Rex 500.

I believe that the sensor on the GA-250 is up to the task for hard 3D - it just needs the ability to have the output fine tuned. I've looked at the manual for your GA 510 which has some great adjustment parameters - if you can port that software to the GA-250, making it programmable via box or USB cable you'll have a potential winner.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:34 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Adjustability. Delay would be a minimum, but stop or deceleration profiles for both left and right would resolve the left piro stop bounce. Either with a programming box (best, but expensive due to extra hardware) computer cable (good, but less portable) or more lights like on the gyro like a Logictech 2100T (less desirable - not intuitive).

The bounce is really obvious on a 250, however I imagine that the left and right hand stops will look different on a T-Rex 500 for example, even if there isn't a bounce. I know that I have different deceleration profiles for left and right on my Spartan DS760 that is on my T-Rex 500.

I believe that the sensor on the GA-250 is up to the task for hard 3D - it just needs the ability to have the output fine tuned. I've looked at the manual for your GA 510 which has some great adjustment parameters - if you can port that software to the GA-250, making it programmable via box or USB cable you'll have a potential winner.

thank you so much. seems some like our engineers' idea.

we also realize USB/computer running software is not feel good on the spot.handle operator is better.

we have a project on GA510's update to MEMS sensor also.

meng
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:41 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
thank you so much. seems some like our engineers' idea.

we also realize USB/computer running software is not feel good on the spot.handle operator is better.

we have a project on GA510's update to MEMS sensor also.

meng
Does this mean more options set by the TX?

The GP780 uses small/large heli and delay set by stick position. Are these a possibility for the GA250.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:41 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Does this mean more options set by the TX?

The GP780 uses small/large heli and delay set by stick position. Are these a possibility for the GA250.
Our plan is did not change the current sticker setting (TX), the others will be build in computer software.

we just have such an idea and not make a final decision.

meng
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:18 AM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
ASSAN

Any user update option to initialize the gyro without power up the unit twice in Spektrum radio?
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter