HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:48 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
Hey Pitch, nice canopy for your 250, where can I get one like that? I have Sooo much hassle getting the stock one one, everything is tight.
It's a custom FF200 Canopy. I spray painted mine.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9222
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 12:18 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
831 Posts
OK, I ordered two in the -180 range. I will be interested to see how soon they get this back in stock.
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Jan 09, 2011, 01:01 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
still not arrived?

i am waitting for the results.we'd like to hear any advise and if possible we will improve the quality depend on your test reports or responds.

i hope your guys do me a favour,if possible,don't show the inner/inside pictures here,include the sensor close shot. i don't want the other companies copy our idea. thanks.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Jan 09, 2011, 02:23 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
i hope your guys do me a favour,if possible,don't show the inner/inside pictures here,include the sensor close shot. i don't want the other companies copy our idea. thanks.
meng
not going to help. your competition probably bought a few to look at and evaluate.
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jan 09, 2011, 02:29 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
meng I wouldn't worry too much, about the other companies. Everyone is moving to the FBL now days. The FBL market is growing at a phenomenal rate! something to think about.

As for the package, probably another 3 weeks. I'm hoping someone here got the fast courier.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 02:33 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,224 Posts
Quote:
still not arrived?---
I didn't order one fast enough. Do you have an idea of the time frame for more stock?
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jan 09, 2011, 09:19 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
still not arrived?

i am waitting for the results.we'd like to hear any advise and if possible we will improve the quality depend on your test reports or responds.

meng
I dont think you can troubleshoot the gyro with just user opinions. The possible replies would be: holds goos, wags, drifts and "my rate is at #.
You might get a few useful posts about what servos work best with it.

We lack the advanced settings to tell you thinks like: "i got it to work with sensor-resolution to # and varibleX to # "

Hope it works very well just right out of the box. Otherwise ill have a new necklace for the wife Its nice with the colored wires.....
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:30 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac View Post
not going to help. your competition probably bought a few to look at and evaluate.
yeah, i know it's will happen. but i want make it's late.

thanks.

meng
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:32 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
I didn't order one fast enough. Do you have an idea of the time frame for more stock?
thanks.

there will have some this week. and after that,the next delieve time maybe at the end of Jan.

meng
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:39 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
I dont think you can troubleshoot the gyro with just user opinions. The possible replies would be: holds goos, wags, drifts and "my rate is at #.
You might get a few useful posts about what servos work best with it.

We lack the advanced settings to tell you thinks like: "i got it to work with sensor-resolution to # and varibleX to # "

Hope it works very well just right out of the box. Otherwise ill have a new necklace for the wife Its nice with the colored wires.....
thanks.

i think even the wrong message also useful for our work.we maybe behaviour as an idiot or make mistake sometime.but by the hearing, we can improve it.

for GA-250, because we have some experience on gyros before.so, i think there haven't big problem,but maybe have little bugs we haven't found before.your guys' real reports will help pick them and fix them later.

anyway,thanks for your helps.

meng
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:40 PM
R/C Junkie
Claremore, OK, USA
Joined Feb 2004
369 Posts
Quote:
thanks.

there will have some this week. and after that,the next delieve time maybe at the end of Jan.

meng

Hopefully my backordered one will get filled this week then.

Brian
Sonex128 is offline Find More Posts by Sonex128
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:55 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
meng, is the price going to go up?
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:33 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,189 Posts
my package arrived today
$2,95 mail option to europe.

The gyro is really tiny compared to the gy401.

Its dark now and im not going to test fly in at night! will be this weekend if the weather is good.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:05 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,189 Posts
could not resist an examination and bench test.

First disassembled it.
Soldering looks good and clean, no freebees (loose solder balls) on the PCB. The 47uF capacitor is rated at 10V, so it will indeed run at 9V without problems.
There are 2 chips on a single thin PCB. I assume the sensor and the other must be a Ucontroller. Some other parts for voltage regulation and 2 leds.

I put a few dabs of hot glue to secure the board in its casing. It was fit in much better than the 401 clones were, but i just want to make sure ther is no lateral play.

Then the setup.
-Servo pulse with selection:
While initializing i had to switch rate/HH 3 times, but i found out the Gyro was ready before my Rx was bound to the Tx. I just plugged the gyro in the active Tx and i could enter setup that way.

After that the rest of a setup was easy. Setting the endpoints is very accurate as it moves slowly with small increments.

I put on my digital Emax 9257.
The gyro seems to react very fast, and a jerk on the tail will make the servo overshoot very briefly. i think this is intentional to give a burst of reversed thrust to stabilize the tail. This makes the gyro feel much more aggressively/competent towards its target of holding the tail in odd maneuvers, compared to the 401B that just moves linear.

We'll have to see what will happen in flight.

Im getting really exited.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:05 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
SM: pics please? and a video.

what a lucky guy. I knew he would get his first.