1,272 Posts
I've ordered one.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:34 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
somebody has to open it up and verify it's actually a mems.
the mems claim has been falsely made way too may times in the past with other gyros that turned out to be piezo.
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:50 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac View Post
somebody has to open it up and verify it's actually a mems.
the mems claim has been falsely made way too may times in the past with other gyros that turned out to be piezo.
yes, i'm aware of the true clones, not the hk401b/mystery. I know what you are implying. It will take about a month until I get them though. I used the snail mail. But what can you compare it with?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:35 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
yes, i'm aware of the true clones, not the hk401b/mystery. I know what you are implying. It will take about a month until I get them though. I used the snail mail. But what can you compare it with?
i'm not implying anything, i'm saying it straight out....companies have lied frequently about what type of sensor they're using. esp at this price point where people are going

when i receive mine i'll take a look, if the sensor is not clearly marked and identifiable, then worse case someone will have to sacrifice one( pop the can off the sensor and look at the insides).

however, even if it is a piezo and works as well as my GY400 craptronic specials, it's a great price and a very nice compact form factor that you can put above the boom holder relatively safely and it seems to come with nice mounting materials

so we wait....and attempt to control the drool....
Old Jan 04, 2011, 08:09 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
i'm not implying anything, i'm saying it straight out....companies have lied frequently about what type of sensor they're using. esp at this price point where people are going

when i receive mine i'll take a look, if the sensor is not clearly marked and identifiable, then worse case someone will have to sacrifice one( pop the can off the sensor and look at the insides).

however, even if it is a piezo and works as well as my GY400 craptronic specials, it's a great price and a very nice compact form factor that you can put above the boom holder relatively safely and it seems to come with nice mounting materials

so we wait....and attempt to control the drool....
I hear ya frac. Meng this better be a mems gyro. I'm a loyal Assan gyro user, as you know. I hope this is not a piezo, meng, I'd be really disappointed. We'll just have to wait and see, frac. It will take about a month until it gets here. I'm preety sure Meng won't advertise a piezo gyro into a mems. I don't think he's that crazy to destroy his reputation. He knows how much i love the older assan gyro. I'm a true assan follower, but if this is not a mems, all bets are off. That's all i could say frac.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 08:54 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
well we can hope.

if it's true and there's good performance there's gonna be a *lot* of love for Assan ( not to mention sales)

and if not......like i said if it can match my gy400s i'll be happy( cheaper, nice mounting kit)

in fact there's going to be such demand that i wonder of they will be able to keep up, given the history of craptronic offerings ( btw craptronic--> priced like junk, works like gold)

others should be getting theirs way before a month so we should have some word soon.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 08:56 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
well we can hope.

if it's true and there's good performance there's gonna be a *lot* of love for Assan ( not to mention sales)

and if not......like i said if it can match my gy400s i'll be happy( cheaper, nice mounting kit)

in fact there's going to be such demand that i wonder of they will be able to keep up, given the history of craptronic offerings ( btw craptronic--> priced like junk, works like gold)

others should be getting theirs way before a month so we should have some word soon.
I can't wait to test this gyro on my 250s, I'll make a video of piroflips, piro benchtesting, tic tocs(taildown,nosedown and aileron)

And hardcore pitch pumps

The old assan gyro on the bench for tuning in the gain, and piro rate. Tail gain 85%. Very windy day. Tarot 250

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72D2TBr9gG0

EP200+ga410 this one is not me. but this guy uses the same gyro as mine.

Test GA 410 Assan + Mx 306 BB on Gaui Ep 200 se (4 min 39 sec)
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 04, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 10:15 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
Already sold out! I wonder how many units they had in stock. Perhaps some of the webshop sellers that buy their stock from HK got their greedy hands on them looking for a profit.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jan 04, 2011, 11:29 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
that's some nice flying pitch. that gyro looks suspiciously identical to my 400 , and if this thing holds as well as yours, i'll be happy.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:55 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Already sold out! I wonder how many units they had in stock. Perhaps some of the webshop sellers that buy their stock from HK got their greedy hands on them looking for a profit.
Yep, we've been waiting for this gyro for a couple of months now, I had the feeling this would happen, sold out in less than 24 hours. Meng is going to kill his competitors. But it's all good for us. Thank you meng!

If this is a true mems gyro, this will start the ball rolling. All the gyros like the spartan,mini-g,futaba, will all go down. This and FBL is the only reason the gyro prices will drop

I think there are other sellers besides HK. Is this right meng? I could of sworn you said there will be other sellers, for this gyro, but the price would differ
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 04, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:58 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
that's some nice flying pitch. that gyro looks suspiciously identical to my 400 , and if this thing holds as well as yours, i'll be happy.
the flying is not me, but he uses the same gyro as me. I'll make a video when the gyros come in. Unless SM gets it before me. Which he probably will. I chose the normal mail(non express). And I'm sure SM will make a video too!

Frac, do you have a picture of this 400 gyro? Does it have a delay function? the ga410 is a PnP gyro
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 04, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:44 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
I ordered a few parts from HK last weekend and didnt use EMS....just regular registered air mail. The package is already at my local postal facility and I would imagine I'll have it tomorrow or the Thursday at the latest.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:46 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
I ordered a few parts from HK last weekend and didnt use EMS....just regular registered air mail. The package is already at my local postal facility and I would imagine I'll have it tomorrow or the Thursday at the latest.
please let me know when it arrives. I hope mine arrives as quick as yours
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:50 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Frac, do you have a picture of this 400 gyro? Does it have a delay function? the ga410 is a PnP gyro
http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...prod=rcps61801

the case is the same as your assan.

no delay adjustment.

that video on the page is speedstick_3d flying the gyro i sent him to test.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:18 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...prod=rcps61801

the case is the same as your assan.

no delay adjustment.

that video on the page is speedstick_3d flying the gyro i sent him to test.
yep looks very similar. speedstick_3d is really good flyer. I love the dragonus helis, I wish they were mass produced. As for your 400 gyro, seems to perform really well.