Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2011, 09:37 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,193 Posts
My GA-250 just died during setup. The battery connector was not secured all the way, so i unplugged it again and replugged. It was on a small almost empty 2s lipo for safety reasons. It gave a little spark and now the mems chip is not responing to movements. I can still get in the gyro setup, and move the servo with the tx.....

This sux. my 401 is going back on

Meng, you want your gyro back????
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:55 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,193 Posts
This is strange. it sat there unpowered for a few hours and when i finally found my 401B back i noticed the GA-250 works again.....
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:01 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,259 Posts
You stunned it! Glad to hear that it came back to life.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:08 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Sure, how about these:
Thanks!
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
Registered DLG addict
Minnesota
Joined Jan 2009
1,080 Posts
Meng, do you guys have any plans of selling the gyro anywere else but hobbyking?
I bet if you could work somthing out with like xheli you could make alot more money. I know i would buy one.
NighthawkF-117 is offline Find More Posts by NighthawkF-117
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:06 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
You stunned it! Glad to hear that it came back to life.

THAT made me actually chuckle!
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
Quote:
Today I got the Align 450 Sport flying perfectly with the GA250. I moved the DS420 servo on to the other side of the mount, set the ball on the arm at 10mm, re-adjusted the center on the tail slider and reset the limits (a little less travel this time). Ended up with the gain at true 60%. The tail was locked in and no piro bounce.

I knew as soon as I ordered the Ino 261, I'd get it working with the ds420. *rolls eyes*

Cool!

Meng. Can you guys put a rush on HK restock so I can get the 2 I ordered???

Now we know one works my HK500GT needs one!

b
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:11 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkF-117 View Post
Meng, do you guys have any plans of selling the gyro anywere else but hobbyking?
I bet if you could work somthing out with like xheli you could make alot more money. I know i would buy one.

+1

Love to see that!

b
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:19 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Cool!

b
It's Chinese New Year, I think it is Jan 25 to Feb 15. China is shut down during that time, if it isn't in the mail, it isn't shipping for a bit
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Jan 23, 2011, 03:33 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,193 Posts
Oh crap. just yesterday ordered a copterX 250 clone on ebay. Oh well, more time to choose my electronics i guess.
Hope it wont delay my tail slider order.

Just un-vibed my tail rotor assembly and it runs quiet again. But then I just couldn't get the heli to stop spinning on the ground when spooling up.... turned out my tail was spinning the wrong way . .. what a newb mistake.

Flew 2 packs. Its holding better now as i was able to run a bit higher gain without the wag. still a little stop bounce, and a few degrees kick out with collective.

For the moment i'll leave it like this.

here's a video of today.
GA 250 test 5 (4 min 17 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:09 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mligosh View Post
Do you think the GA250 works equally as well as the Turnigy mini MEMS? I have just installed one on my new Swift NX and have yet to fly it. I have only read a few reviews on that one but I plan on getting a couple of the GA250s for my EXI 450s.

Mike
For the couple of times I've flown it, it works perfectly well for my style of flying. I'm just a bit concerned about some of the reported failures.

I ran the GA250 on the bench, for over an hour, before flying it. I might do the same with the Mini MEMS, but it wont help if there are vibration issues.

I might even put the second GA250 on the 500 now, especially if no failures are reported here.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:13 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
Quote:
For the couple of times I've flown it, it works perfectly well for my style of flying. I'm just a bit concerned about some of the reported failures.

I ran the GA250 on the bench, for over an hour, before flying it. I might do the same with the Mini MEMS, but it wont help if there are vibration issues.

I might even put the second GA250 on the 500 now, especially if no failures are reported here.
I looking forward to this!

b
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:58 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkF-117 View Post
thanks, i will touch Xheli after CHY, HK maybe have no enough back up staffs like Xheli's,especially in USA. Heli flying funs need some skilled guys take advise for them, who can help them in start/install/operate etc. like gyro is not an isolate item,it's only a part and when you want it worked better, you need take care of everything.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:01 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Cool!

b
thanks,

we try to ship some before CNY.but,i can't give you a promise,the express agency will close soon,we have no time.

meng
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:29 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
About the Bounce.

ok, there have some reports about the GA-250's bounce.there have something need to talk openly.

First, why bounce happened in your heli? Amp give us some advice and a useful link. http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/...&search=bounce . thanks,Amp. actually, you can got this basic knowloge in some gyros' maual papers too.

Second, if we conside simply, we can see the bounce arise is because your tail servo speed with load can't catch up your gyro's need.some guys maybe didn't agree and they will ask another question, why it's suit to 401 class gyro before and not worked in GA-250 now? the answer is simple, 401 class gyro not need such fast respond speed tail servo like GA-250's, and there have a "delay" swtich can ajust the answer speed too. GA-250 haven't such ajust setting.so, when you want use GA-250, you need a fast speed tail servo with enough tarque.

Third, why GA-250's work mode like this? that's because when we design GA-250, our target is Quark,GY520 etc. not on 401 class. we conside the pilots use it flying 3d more.for that application, the basic equipment is a fast tail servo. we forgot there have many pilots just want use GA 250 drive slow speed tail servo,because they need't want 3d flying anymore. that's our misunderstand and make a mistake.

Fourth,next step we do. our egnineers will try to impove the software to make GA-250 suit slow speed tail servos also.this one seems easy but the fact is it's too complex and no one do it before.we try.

best,

meng