HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:08 AM
LEL
Joined Jan 2011
2 Posts
For the access the servo configuration mode, power on your gyro and when it blue
flashing, toggling the gain switch three or more times quickly in your radio.

Ok.

But my radio (Hitec Eclipse 7) has no gain switch.

ASSAN, can i access the setup mode gyro otherwise?
LEL is offline Find More Posts by LEL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2011, 05:25 AM
Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Rheinland-Pfalz, Kaiserslautern
Joined Apr 2007
1,009 Posts
Plug the gain servo plug into the elev or throttle output of your receiver?
daybyter is offline Find More Posts by daybyter
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:00 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
everyone has different answers. I will look into this, and try out everyones opinion. Do we need to use the metal plate? Anyways, my piro rate is just ubelievably superfast. I don't know what's going on there. I'll try Amp's suggestion, and keep at it with the configurations, and heli setup. BF let us know how you go, I hope you find the solution first. I don't want to try a different tail servo, as I love this little servo on my 250.
If the servo works well in your 250 keep that as a constant.
Try reducing the piro rate so it is what it was with the previous gyro you were running on that machine. If this GA250 emulates the Quark a rudder command will have quite a bit of built in expo to soften it at center. I run -30 or so to dial this out on the Quark so it feels linear for me (what I prefer). Being a super fast piro will require crazy fast and accurate stop try dialling the piro rate to a more "normal" speed. Tail will already have a better chance of stopping.
Then try upping the gain until you see wag on heavy collective climbout. Then drop a few points and see how you go for piro stops. If you still have bounce try dropping the gain a few more points. If you do not see much difference try increasing the tails speed response speed by moving the ball out 1-2mm (gain test as above).

By the way are piro nose right stops nice or different?

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:44 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
By the way are piro nose right stops nice
Amp
yes it does. how did you know? what does that mean? I'm still new to this technology, as you know i've been with piezo gyros till now. I believe i've incorrectly set it some how, because I have never seen piros like this. I thought my belt cp piros were fast, well this just takes it to another level. I'll try to put this 250 back together, hopefully your advice will walk me through it.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:44 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
so the settings on this is simmilar to the quark , its pretty much does everything for you ? as long as its setup perfectly center on the tail hub it should setup itself . now i am rethinking buying this gyro , i am so use to setting up the cheaper 401, and the g106 ,that this may get a bit confusing. are the directions for setup like the quark ? i may just go and read up on them . maybe this will go on a heli that when i learn to fly really well , then when i start doing the " CRAZY " flying then it would help keep the tail strait
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:01 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
aww jombo, Amp is just requesting for a tail slide. It's not that crazy. he just wants to see the quality of this $9 gyro.

Joey Scott Trex 700 Tailslide B-ham '09 (5 min 7 sec)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:15 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Quite common to get bounce on left piro stop. Had to spend a bit of time to dial this out on my Gaui 200 with a Quark (no programmer at hand).

Bounce on stop is usually overshoot. The gyro expects the tail to stop at a certain speed and commands it to do so. If the tail doesn't stop fast enough the gyro has to move the tail back to where it was asked to stop, once again if it doesn't stop fast enough it overshoots. This creates a bounce.

Firstly I'd try one hole further out on the servo horn with appropriate gain change and see how the tail behaves on harsh stop.

Regarding gyro pads.
The Spartan Quark is supplied with 1mm pads and 3mm soft pads. They seem to work quite well for their intended use.
Looking at the HK pics the pads supplied with the gA250 look very similar.

Amp
Cancel my previous question Amp, I missed this post. I will try this. At this current time it's 3-4mm from center. I'll try to bring it out, hopefully this will help
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:49 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
aww jombo, Amp is just requesting for a tail slide. It's not that crazy. he just wants to see the quality of this $9 gyro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQmtt6GclQ
i guess what i call crazy and you consider crazy are 2 different things . if you think that video isint crazy fast heli then your way past me, if mine looks like that in flight its because i cant see it anymore
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Aug 2006
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
the next step we want try is to design a Gyro+Governor mode item.at that product, we think computer commuicate is maybe need.

meng
forget the gyro/governor combo. that is worthless for us electric heli fliers.

build a cheap fbl controller instead!
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:08 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post

Uhhmmm...have you seen the Gaui 365 wii-motion hack? (= cheap fbl hardware)

E-Heli + governor in fbl hardware actually makes sense:

Timo Wendtland - TDR - VBar 5.1 beta / governor testing (5 min 44 sec)

The governor also responds to cyclic input before the rpms go down...maybe that's what they intend to design?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:10 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
i guess what i call crazy and you consider crazy are 2 different things . if you think that video isint crazy fast heli then your way past me, if mine looks like that in flight its because i cant see it anymore
lol

cmon jombo, it's only $9. I skipped a large big mac meal for one of those gyros. give it a go. I know you really want to.

Don't worry about the technical setups and jargons, I know it's a bit daunting for old timers like us, but don't worry we got some of the pros here to help us set it up correctly.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:13 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post

+1 fbl
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined Aug 2006
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daybyter View Post
Uhhmmm...have you seen the Gaui 365 wii-motion hack? (= cheap fbl hardware)

E-Heli + governor in fbl hardware actually makes sense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq0tXK1-8m4

The governor also responds to cyclic input before the rpms go down...maybe that's what they intend to design?
the gu365 is still over $150.

I want a sub $100, beastx like fbl unit.

Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,009 Posts
Really? Paid 40 euros for mine a while ago...$150 is ridiculous in my eyes...paid less for my beastX...

Even the 3g is only 80 bucks here...

http://www.freakware.de/shop/artikel..._artikel=33318

have seen one for 50,- yesterday...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:27 PM
Joined Aug 2006
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daybyter View Post
Really? Paid 40 euros for mine a while ago...$150 is ridiculous in my eyes...paid less for my beastX...

Even the 3g is only 80 bucks here...

http://www.freakware.de/shop/artikel..._artikel=33318

have seen one for 50,- yesterday...
well, I couldn't find any for less than $150 in the us. I didn't look very hard either, though.

it seems you can get used align 3g units pretty cheap too, but not beastx.

I just watched that video. does the vbar receive the throttle channel? I can't figure out how the fbl could control the throttle.