Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:25 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
thanks man, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batch1 View Post
You need a rate gyro. Look for the E-SKY EK2-0704 on eBay. The adjustments are on the gyro itself, no need to make adjustment on the Tx. The only adjustments are Gain and rev-nor(reverse-normal). You connect it in series with the servo you want to control. That's the easiest way to go I think.

HK sell one for airplane : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6755 I never use it.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:02 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Hey guys, a while back I alluded to another use for this incredible little well made gyro. Here it is. This is a brilliant mod done using this gyro as its basis in the coax world.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450125
Assan, you might appreciate this.

thanks for the link. his works seems interesting.it's pull me thinking maybe we can do a coax heli used gyro+mixer,with spektrum satllite port.
the only things i did not clear is how different in dx5/dx6 and dx7 at channels describe when connected to a satellite rx.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:06 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdous7466 View Post
is it possible to get a triwii flying without using any servo?
i don't think so.all i known is you need a servo ajust the prop's angle to keep tricopter stable at least .

maybe i am wong?

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:27 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBob View Post
Hey guys,

I am waiting to get my HK-250GT but have my GA250 mini mems, reciever and a couple other things.
Just been playing around trying to get to the setup mode of the gyro, but i am having some issues.
I am a newbie also, so if you are giving me some advise on how to access setting please say the switch's as they are labeled on the 2801 tx.

I am using a walkera 2608 for my receiver with the gyro plugged into rudd and the red one into aux2.

The process i am using is turn both rx/tx on.
Wait for binding process (once binding process finishes then the gyro starts flashing blue) as which point i start flicking the AUX2/GYRO switch (am i flicking the wrong switch??). Tried flicking 3 times and more (and even 6 times as someone said earlier in this thread).

Also tried turning on, then flicking the HOLD switch, then flicking gyro, nothing.
Also with the F.MODE switch, nothing.

I have searched through this thread, and saw a couple things which i have tried (as i mentioned above) but no luck as yet.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice??

(also not sure if it matters but also will be using the Turnigy DS480 tail servo)
This is will be my first heli that i will be building from scratch. The others have been walkera's that i haven't really done alot of setup on them, just take out of box and fly...

Thanks in advance.
Assan GA250 Setup (9 min 37 sec)

See if this helps
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Jun 06, 2011, 05:56 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,396 Posts
I remembered seeing a video ... probably in this thread -- of a pilot taking a foam glider off from the snow/ice. My recollection (foggy as it is) was that this person was using gyros on the aileron (at least).
So... My wife's new Bixler (AKA sky surfer) arrived on Saturday and I set it up with gyros on Aileron and Elevator. Now, I'm currently in a wheel chair because of surgery -- and although my wife could throw out a runner at second from her catcher position 30 years ago -- she is not able to hand launch so well now.

Ya -- there you go.. reading between the lines. I thought -- hey -- why not take off the grass - the aileron servo should hold the wings level so they don't touch and cause a ground loop.

The first two times failed miserably. Then I remembered to turn on the gyros and it worked fantastic!! Just needed to get plenty of speed before allowing it to rise off the grass -- about 100 - 150 feet I'd guess.

A buddy of mine has proclaimed 2011 "the year of the gyro" I'm inclined to agree.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:27 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I decided to try to install the GA250 on my .30 nitro heli today as well, but no matter what I do it just didn't work. I couldn't get into the settings either. I tried with two transmitters and will update the link on the second one after I get that uploaded since they take a while. But here's the first video.
Setting up the Assan GA250 gyro - 1 of 2 (1 min 23 sec)
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jun 06, 2011, 06:31 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
A buddy of mine has proclaimed 2011 "the year of the gyro" I'm inclined to agree.
The year of the Mems gyro.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jun 06, 2011, 07:35 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>I couldn't get into the settings either.

To get into settings, you need to hold the rudder stick fully left or right while toggling the switch.

For the initial setting of servo type, you need to flick the switch while the blue light is still flashing, during initialization.

In your video, it didn't look like you were doing either of these procedures.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Jun 06, 2011, 07:59 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Ahh...okay, I'll try that...
Here's the other try I did with the other receiver.
Setting up the Assan GA250 gyro - 2 of 2 (2 min 43 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
>I couldn't get into the settings either.

To get into settings, you need to hold the rudder stick fully left or right while toggling the switch.

For the initial setting of servo type, you need to flick the switch while the blue light is still flashing, during initialization.

In your video, it didn't look like you were doing either of these procedures.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:05 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
You also need to do the servo type setting first, BEFORE you plug the tail servo into the gyro. If the setting is wrong, you could fry your servo.
I changed my servo type by accident one day, and fortunately all that happened was the servo pegged to one side and wouldn't respond. That's what it looks like is happening to yours.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:31 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
You're absolutely right. My servo is unplugged and I can get the four red lights blinking so I know it's on the wrong setting, but I move the sticks and it won't change to any other setting. How did you fix this?

I also found that to get to the other settings after it turns on and the LEDs go out, you can do the same. Hold the left stick to the left and toggle the switch, and it will get you into the settings and those I can change so far. But I really need to change the servo type though and just don't know why it won't let me change it. I have turned it on and off, but still nothing. And I just realized this is what you said. Sorry, been trying this thing for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
You also need to do the servo type setting first, BEFORE you plug the tail servo into the gyro. If the setting is wrong, you could fry your servo.
I changed my servo type by accident one day, and fortunately all that happened was the servo pegged to one side and wouldn't respond. That's what it looks like is happening to yours.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:38 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
You're absolutely right. My servo is unplugged and I can get the four red lights blinking so I know it's on the wrong setting, but I move the sticks and it won't change to any other setting. How did you fix this?

I also found that to get to the other settings after it turns on and the LEDs go out, you can do the same. Hold the left stick to the left and toggle the switch, and it will get you into the settings and those I can change so far. But I really need to change the servo type though and just don't know why it won't let me change it. I have turned it on and off, but still nothing. And I just realized this is what you said. Sorry, been trying this thing for a while now.
try turning on your heli first, then the TX. Then toggle the GEAR switch 3 times as fast as you can
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:47 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Okay guys, I figure out how to do it. Do the same procedure to get into the initial setting and when the red LED keeps flashing, moving the sticks don't work for me. I just left the receiver on and turned off the transmitter, then while holding the stick left, I turn the transmitter back on and it goes down one setting. I had to keep doing this until I was able to get the LED to blink one time. Weird but this is the only thing that worked.

Unfortunately my servo only moves a tiny bit though. The revo curves were at 50, but I set those down to zero again. I don't believe I have any mixes on so what would cause the servo not to move? Dual rates are left where where the radio had them, no trims whatsoever.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:50 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Okay guys, I figuere out how to do it. Do the same procedure to get into the initial setting and when the red LED keeps flashing, moving the sticks don't work for me. I just left the receiver on and turned off the transmitter, then while holding the stick left, I turn the transmitter back on and it goes down one setting. I had to keep doing this until I was able to get the LED to blink one time. Weird but this is the only thing that worked.

Unfortunately my servo only moves a tiny bit though. The revo curves were at 50, but I set those down to zero again. I don't believe I have any mixes on so what would cause the servo not to move? Dual rates are left where where the radio had them, no trims whatsoever.
are your settings on the TX have all been reset to 100%? like the D/R etc..
Old Jun 06, 2011, 08:56 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Yes...Let me try a different servo to make sure I didn't kill it already, that would really suck, but I don't think I have.

Both servos do the same thing, I just can't get them to move. Endpoints are at 100...hmmm what the heck...

Okay the servo seems to be working to one side on GY under the gyro sens menu. But it doesn't work under std. I'm I supposed to set this up under HH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
are your settings on the TX have all been reset to 100%? like the D/R etc..
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Jun 06, 2011 at 09:16 PM.