SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>MH I'm hoping it's those HXTs, because i've changed the tail servo from ds480, ESKY digitals, Coronas and still jitters, it's a very faint jitter. On my other 250 i have no jitters at all, both almost the same setup except for the cyclics EK2s

Maybe it's a servo wire being too close to the motor and/or motor wires, or a cyclic servo wire being too close to the tail servo wire...or something like that.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 11:47 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
>MH I'm hoping it's those HXTs, because i've changed the tail servo from ds480, ESKY digitals, Coronas and still jitters, it's a very faint jitter. On my other 250 i have no jitters at all, both almost the same setup except for the cyclics EK2s

Maybe it's a servo wire being too close to the motor and/or motor wires, or a cyclic servo wire being too close to the tail servo wire...or something like that.
MH i'll try and put some insulation tape around the wires. I'll get back to you tomo. I'm hoping that is it, because i really can't be bothered replacing the cyclics. I'll keep you posted tomo.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 30, 2011, 11:57 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>MH i'll try and put some insulation tape around the wires.

That won't help. Tape wont block RF noise. Wrap them in tin foil
Cant you just leave everything mounted in the heli but just separate all the wires?
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old May 30, 2011, 12:13 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
>MH i'll try and put some insulation tape around the wires.

That won't help. Tape wont block RF noise. Wrap them in tin foil
Cant you just leave everything mounted in the heli but just separate all the wires?
man i'm tired, your right, i was thinking of static. I'll try that. Saved me heaps on time. i'll keep you posted tomo.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old May 30, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Jul 2008
24 Posts
The Hobbyking site is down!

Does anyone know anything about this?
framos is offline Find More Posts by framos
Old May 30, 2011, 05:06 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
sites sometimes go down, considering its still early morning hours in asia it sometimes takes time to get it up... just checked its already up though a little slow on loads.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old May 30, 2011, 06:01 PM
CloggieCopter™
United Kingdom, East Grinstead
Joined Feb 2010
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by framos View Post

Does anyone know anything about this?
Working fine for me...
CloggieUK is offline Find More Posts by CloggieUK
Old May 30, 2011, 06:28 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I hope it's for updates because it's been sucking on some things...or maybe they're just rebooting the server.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old May 31, 2011, 05:05 AM
Joined May 2010
98 Posts
Finally first tests with my 450 clone (from ebay, 450v2) using a DS480 tail servo after like two weeks of too much wind (and it was still very windy) using the GA-250 and well, the tests were quite short... because the gyro worked PERFECTLY, I didn't even change the gains (last gyro was HK401) I did some piros and moved the tail fast to a complete stop etc. and I did not see any drift or any bounce. Need to do some more testing with pitch pumps and stuff when its less windy but so far VERY good. Gyro felt quite sensitive compared to HK401 (added like 20% expo to rudder channel) and piro speed was outright scary compared to 401
Hyvok is offline Find More Posts by Hyvok
Old May 31, 2011, 06:47 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppertopuk View Post
the only way i stoped it on one of my 450s was by wrapping the the 919s servo wire round the tail 3 times "think it works like ferrite ring". on the other 450 i used digital servos on the cyclic so did not have that prob

mark
ok I was almost on the floor lmao, when you said wrap the wire around boom!

since it was the easiest thing ta try!(only got 2 wraps lead too short) but right now the cyclics are quiet!

thank you and I appaligize for doughting!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by whiskykid; May 31, 2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
ok I was almost on the floor lmao, when you said wrap the wire around boom!

since it was the easiest thing ta try!(only got 2 wraps lead too short) but right now the cyclics are quiet!

thank you and I appaligize for doughting!
Your welcome m8 am not saying its best way of doing it but it dose work dont know why. i have had about 40 flights with it like that i keep saying i wil put a 922 on it but never get round to it lol

mark
coppertopuk is offline Find More Posts by coppertopuk
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:05 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,895 Posts
I installed the GA250 gyro (first batch, need to power up gyro 2 time for initialed) in the stock tail Esky King2 pair with HD HDS877 micro digital servo, setup at 1520us/250Hz.

The tail in the King2 used to wag and drifting with the Telebee and g401b gyro, The GA250 holds the tail rock solid doing pitch pumps, rolls, flips and no blow out during fast backward flight, was flying in ~ 15+mph wind gust to 25+.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:00 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,492 Posts
thats great estarter!

my EXI250 never felt more solid then with the GA250!

as seen in my previous post I'm hoping it works the same on my 450!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:23 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,895 Posts
whiskykid, I have 3 250 clones and a Trex 250SE, I will try the GA250 in the EXI250 clone. One thing I learnt from setting up the 250s, if you over pitch the bird, the tail will blow out, limit the pitch range from -12 to +12, when I got +/- 14 in the stock Align 250SE with the gp780/d420 servo, the tail blows out at full pitch doing half piro flips.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:56 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,765 Posts
Been watching this thread like a hawk. I finally drank the koolaid.

MEMS might be overkill for a plank pilot -- but for $10 can I go wrong? <rhetorical question>. Looking forward to roll and pitch control for video I hope HK has a shipment soon.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page