|Oct 10, 2001, 12:41 AM|
Joined Sep 2001
A few Battery Questions...
Just a few small newbie questions on the batteries.
1) Anyone know of Duratraxx batteries? One of my friends just gave me a pack to play around with, so i'm wondering about the quality of these packs.
2) What's the safe amp draw limit on a Tadrian cells? I've heard they're different from regular li-metal cells (2amps).
3) Now, i'm gonna sound really stupid, but what the hey... Is it possible to overpower a plane? The duratrax is 3000 mah 6cell, and i'm wondering if i can shove this onto a little itty bitty Ferias i'm currently waiting for. Told you i was gonna sound silly
Too lazy to make a sig
|Oct 10, 2001, 08:26 AM|
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
1. Never heard of Duratraxx sorry.
2. Tadiran are the only Li-metal cells I've ever heard of. 2A is about right for the 800s.
3. The problem with larger capacity batteries is mainly the size and weight. I guess your 3000s are either Sub-C or even C size and will be too large to fit and way too heavy for a Ferias. Power is not really related to the capacity of the battery but the number of cells. 6 cells is for cars, there are very few planes that will fly successfully on that few.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion A few charger/ balancer/ battery questions||Jason977||Batteries and Chargers||4||Feb 15, 2006 10:35 PM|
|Speed 280 prop/battery questions||russf||Foamies (Kits)||19||Mar 16, 2002 10:15 AM|
|A couple of dumb battery questions...||Clu||Electric Plane Talk||2||Nov 26, 2001 10:56 AM|
|Small Battery Questions||Mikey_Flies||Power Systems||2||Jul 08, 2001 04:01 AM|
|A few X250 Questions?||NewbieX||Electric Plane Talk||7||Jun 30, 2001 02:34 PM|