SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2001, 12:41 AM
Joined Sep 2001
8 Posts
A few Battery Questions...

Just a few small newbie questions on the batteries.
1) Anyone know of Duratraxx batteries? One of my friends just gave me a pack to play around with, so i'm wondering about the quality of these packs.
2) What's the safe amp draw limit on a Tadrian cells? I've heard they're different from regular li-metal cells (2amps).
3) Now, i'm gonna sound really stupid, but what the hey... Is it possible to overpower a plane? The duratrax is 3000 mah 6cell, and i'm wondering if i can shove this onto a little itty bitty Ferias i'm currently waiting for. Told you i was gonna sound silly

Too lazy to make a sig
TheIndigoJoker is offline Find More Posts by TheIndigoJoker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2001, 08:26 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
1. Never heard of Duratraxx sorry.
2. Tadiran are the only Li-metal cells I've ever heard of. 2A is about right for the 800s.
3. The problem with larger capacity batteries is mainly the size and weight. I guess your 3000s are either Sub-C or even C size and will be too large to fit and way too heavy for a Ferias. Power is not really related to the capacity of the battery but the number of cells. 6 cells is for cars, there are very few planes that will fly successfully on that few.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin