Closed Thread
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:27 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
Here's a video over the Milwaukee Lakefront I took yesterday on my new Bixler glider & #11 cam. One on the plane & one on my hat. The ground camera has very bad
vignetting so quality is poor. Waiting for a wide angle lens for the plane cam.
It looks like your cap cam lens is being obstructed at the bottom... maybe because the lens is not centered in the hole in the case, or is it the cap?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jul 2009
620 Posts
Yes it was being obstructed a bit by the hat but this camera also has a bad spot on the right. Happened when I opened it up to see if I could focus the lens better. Just have to buy another one for the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It looks like your cap cam lens is being obstructed at the bottom... maybe because the lens is not centered in the hole in the case, or is it the cap?
netsurfr is offline Find More Posts by netsurfr
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:54 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Just received the #11 keycam from hxelepro360 with no SD card as advertised. So I found out! , oh well, went to Best Buy and purchased a PNY for $20, 4gb, class 4.

The SD card I had a little trouble with, but thanks to TF here it was no longer an issue. For installation see his text guide...

Q. The yellow LED flashes every 3 seconds.
A. There is no micro SD card inserted, or the card is not properly inserted. The card must be inserted with the gold contacts facing upwards, towards the buttons. There should be a distinct spring action when inserting the last 5 mm and there should be no friction whatsoever.
When the card is pushed 1 mm inside the body the card should latch with a distinctive click.Never force the card, and never push the card more than max. 1 mm into the camera body. Sometimes the card holder metal frame is not positioned properly in the body and is clearly visible in the card slot. If this is the case, insert the card above (on the button side) of the visible metal frame.

Works very nice. The good thing is that hxelepro360 has already removed the date stamp, updated the firmware and with the unlimited duration video feature. The quality of the video is not bad at all, with some dimming noticeable as I shot from late day iluminated sunlight both direct & indirect lighting. It will go onto the Radian tomorrow and I will post my review, but not the video if all turns out as I hope it should. Came with a car plug & cable, also the usb, & keychain. Hummm, the wife thinks it's real cool! +1 for me and you Mr. Tom Frank!

Best, Doug
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43851E View Post
Just received the #11 keycam from hxelepro360 with no SD card as advertised. So I found out! , oh well, went to Best Buy and purchased a PNY for $20, 4gb, class 4.

The SD card I had a little trouble with, but thanks to TF here it was no longer an issue. For installation see his text guide...

Q. The yellow LED flashes every 3 seconds.
A. There is no micro SD card inserted, or the card is not properly inserted. The card must be inserted with the gold contacts facing upwards, towards the buttons. There should be a distinct spring action when inserting the last 5 mm and there should be no friction whatsoever.
When the card is pushed 1 mm inside the body the card should latch with a distinctive click.Never force the card, and never push the card more than max. 1 mm into the camera body. Sometimes the card holder metal frame is not positioned properly in the body and is clearly visible in the card slot. If this is the case, insert the card above (on the button side) of the visible metal frame.

Works very nice. The good thing is that hxelepro360 has already removed the date stamp, updated the firmware and with the unlimited duration video feature. The quality of the video is not bad at all, with some dimming noticeable as I shot from late day iluminated sunlight both direct & indirect lighting. It will go onto the Radian tomorrow and I will post my review, but not the video if all turns out as I hope it should. Came with a car plug & cable, also the usb, & keychain. Hummm, the wife thinks it's real cool! +1 for me and you Mr. Tom Frank!

Best, Doug
The Q&A text you quoted was from the excellent post by Isoprop covering all basic camera functions. All I did was provide a link to it in the main FAQ post #3 so it can be easily found.

Glad everything appears to be working properly. I could mention that it's possible to get TWO name brand 4GB Class 6 flash memory cards from web vendors for about the same price that you paid for your Class 4 card, but you'd have to wait a few days to get them, and it wouldn't give the instant gratification that a local store can when you are in a hurry!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:02 PM
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
331 Posts
.... or Transcend 4GB Class 6 Micro SDHC Flash Card with P3 card reader for $12.48 including shipping at the Egg. Or just the card and adapter for under $10 shipped, or a class 10 with adapter for under $10 shipped. or if a class 2 is good enough, 5.99 shipped, with adapter.
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:52 AM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
if this question has been asked before then i am sorry, but i got one off eletoponline365 about 3 weeks ago, not had chance to use it much, apart from testing, and have it charged up, then today i put it on my motorbike to film a ride out, but when i tried to view the film, it had stopped recording after about 15 seconds, so at home i am just looking at it, and i start it up and press the record button, i get the flashing record light then after about 10 seconds the orange light comes on and stops recording, i am using an 8gb class 6 card and it was charged yesterday, anyone have this problem too
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:56 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,750 Posts
Premature Camera Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
if this question has been asked before then i am sorry, but i got one off eletoponline365 about 3 weeks ago, not had chance to use it much, apart from testing, and have it charged up, then today i put it on my motorbike to film a ride out, but when i tried to view the film, it had stopped recording after about 15 seconds, so at home i am just looking at it, and i start it up and press the record button, i get the flashing record light then after about 10 seconds the orange light comes on and stops recording, i am using an 8gb class 6 card and it was charged yesterday, anyone have this problem too
carl
Hi doggit. I have one that was donated to me that does something similar... mine will record for approximately one minute, then stops with no video file on the flash card. If I manually stop the recording before it quits on it's own, I get a normal recording saved on the card. Writing TO the card while in the camera is OK, but reading a file FROM the card is V E R Y slow when it is in the camera, much slower than another #11 camera with the same card in it, the same USB cable, plugged into the same PC port.

Yours may not show all these same symptoms, but first confirm the flash memory card is not the issue. You can format it with the SDformatter utility and test it with the CrystalDiskMark utility (see FAQs for more info).

If the flash card is confirmed good, test for a battery problem. Checking the battery voltage does NOT confirm the health of the battery. A failing battery can charge up to the normal voltage (4.1V - 4.2V), yet not be able to deliver the current the camera requires without the voltage dropping below the low voltage cutoff point. Try a recording using the car charger that came with your camera. If you are unable to do this, start a recording, then IMMEDIATELY plug the camera to a good USB port on your computer. That will power the camera via the USB cable until the camera stops at the time interval programmed into your firmware (can be 20 min., 50 min., or 70 min.). If the camera still behaves the same using external power, the camera is defective and should be replaced. If the camera functions normally with the external power, the battery is defective and should be replaced. Either of these should be handled as a warranty replacement.

In my case, the card and the battery were both good. I think there is some intermittant fault in the circuitry that causes the camera to shut down when the temperature rises normally during recording.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
see if the on/off button is free of obstruction or stickiness.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:42 PM
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
331 Posts
Try recording with the case off. That will help determine if the on/off button is the problem.
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie
Old Oct 29, 2011, 01:43 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
thanks guys, i will try all you suggest and report back
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,360 Posts
I have been super-happy with the response and service from "Diana" at hxelepro360. Very polite. Extremely helpful.

I just bought a new battery from them ($4 shipped) for an older #11 whose battery was dying. Got the replacement crazy fast. Correct size and mAh with the protection circuit in place.

I decided to solder the battery wires to the old wires in the camera, rather than trying to solder to the battery or circuit board itself. It's working great again.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:02 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
It works supurb! Some electronic iris shade changing, but the picture quality & color balance is excellent!

Doug C.
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Old Oct 29, 2011, 09:51 PM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
I think I have my Jumbo #11 working fine now - well, the camera has always been fine, just my old PC and the playing and editing software needed sorting.
The PC is a 3GHz pentium 4 with a Radeon X800 video card. I play the raw video with KMPlayer, which is great free software and edit with AVS which isn't free but well worth the price.
This is my latest effort from my EZ* on a misty day.
Autumn (4 min 10 sec)
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Oct 30, 2011, 05:04 AM
Mount Pleasant, SC
Joined Jun 2002
887 Posts
Great Stuff!

Where does a long time RC flyer but complete rookie to inflight video get started with one of these HD Key Cams? There is tons of great video footage here in this thread but where do I get the basics on mounting the camera and how to control it?

Thanks in advance for any pointers or links to the appropriate place.
Palmettoflyer
Palmettoflyer is online now Find More Posts by Palmettoflyer
Old Oct 30, 2011, 05:27 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmettoflyer View Post
Great Stuff!

Where does a long time RC flyer but complete rookie to inflight video get started with one of these HD Key Cams? There is tons of great video footage here in this thread but where do I get the basics on mounting the camera and how to control it?

Thanks in advance for any pointers or links to the appropriate place.
Palmettoflyer
Mounting rather depends on the plane you're using. I just use a 1" square of heavy duty Velcro on my EZ star and it has never moved. It also gives a degree of vibration proofing.

Details of operating the camera are given in post#3 of this thread.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Closed Thread