Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:34 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
Hi Tom,

Sorry to sidetrack your thread. I've been here all along, it just got too complicated for me.

JeDoug was putting tape over all the cracks and seams on his T-28 between the two "heats" to cut down on the drag.

We ALL were changing props.

B.A.R.T. actually went HOME and MODPODGED his Seafury to "seal all the little microscopic pores" in the stryofoam

I DREAD what is coming out next week

People are talking....Power 10 and 15's. 4 cells, retracts. AND THEY'RE NOT KIDDING.

Lawdy. Lawdy, Lawdy. What next? I just need VictaPilot to put some banjo music to it and it'd be NASCAR with wings

Yabba
I thought it seemed like the plane speeds got faster between heats, making for some interesting video. In one sequence there, one plane gave you the "Linda Ronstadt" treatment... you know "Blew By You"! Better get a new torque turner in your heap, or you'll be eating "exhaust fumes" (from their smoking batteries, ESCs and motor windings!) the whole video.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:40 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2011
368 Posts
Just an update. I popped the cam open and the SD card mechanism came loose from the circuit board on one side. There's no way I can see to repair it so I contacted the seller and am sending it back for replacement since it's only a few weeks old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Push the SD card in PAST the edge of the case. Some require that in order to latch the card in the holder. One of mine has the card edge slightly INSIDE the edge of the case when it's latched.
Markran is offline Find More Posts by Markran
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:57 PM
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
I think you accidentally got a sticker meant for a different camera. The feature list does not fit any #11HD I've heard of... past, present, or future. e.g. The reference to an LCD (liquid crystal display) is easily checked... the #11 has no display whatsoever... does yours?
Guess I must be a dumbo! Of course that is the explanation. Really nice camera though.
modea2 is offline Find More Posts by modea2
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:15 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
Lawdy. Lawdy, Lawdy. What next? I just need VictaPilot to put some banjo music to it and it'd be NASCAR with wings

Yabba
Yeah, but a fun video - I watched it all! Good thing about bluegrass is I never get issues with the copyright patrol - most guys here just play for beer! BTW, let them fill the pores heheh, there's no substitute for cubic inches!!

Wonder why the choice is AVI or MOV, not including MP4 which is very popular
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:37 PM
Innovator
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
348 Posts
Focusing a #11 for distance

I just got my my #11 today form eletoponline365 (it took exactly 10 days). I just tried it out with an on plane video.
My long distance focus it blurry. The close up stuff is nice...
I want to re-focus it for distance. I removed the glue in the threads and I can turn the outer ring easily.
My question is, what direction do I turn it for longer focal length? Clock wise or counter clockwise?
Any idea how far I need to turn it?
I turned it out one full turn (I marked the starting point with paint dots) and will test tomorrow. I'm just wondering what your experiences were.
Thanks.
Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:44 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Yeah, but a fun video - I watched it all! Good thing about bluegrass is I never get issues with the copyright patrol - most guys here just play for beer! BTW, let them fill the pores heheh, there's no substitute for cubic inches!!

Wonder why the choice is AVI or MOV, not including MP4 which is very popular
I was only asked about .MOV and .AVI, but I agree that .MP4 would have been a much better alternative to .MOV. Even though their internal structure is very much the same (.MP4 evolved from .MOV), MP4 has gotten a lot wider spread support in recent years. I have some software that will import .MP4, but throws up when it sees the .MOV file extension.

I think the main reason for these two choices is due to the video processor chip. It does the encoding, and in scanning the firmware once I found many references to MOV and AVI as well as MJPEG and H.264. So I think the video processor is mainly set up with those encoding options available. But there were a few instances of MP4 in there, too, so who knows?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:51 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
I just got my my #11 today form eletoponline365 (it took exactly 10 days). I just tried it out with an on plane video.
My long distance focus it blurry. The close up stuff is nice...
I want to re-focus it for distance. I removed the glue in the threads and I can turn the outer ring easily.
My question is, what direction do I turn it for longer focal length? Clock wise or counter clockwise?
Any idea how far I need to turn it?
I turned it out one full turn (I marked the starting point with paint dots) and will test tomorrow. I'm just wondering what your experiences were.
Thanks.
Danford1
See FAQs in post #3... all answered there.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:07 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
MP4cam2AVI MOV file Converter

For those who are using this excellent lossless MOV to AVI file converter, a new release (v2.93) has fixed a couple of bugs in v2.91 that caused an "access violation" error on startup (in W7), and a crash when converting files greater than 2GB in size. The output file size limit has also been increased from 2GB to 4GB.

It can be download from here.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:37 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
Yellow Light issue (cannot get red light)

I've had my camera for two weeks and have not been able to use it yet. I tried to use it today but when i turned on the power button i got a yellow light. I thought I might have a low battery or something so i plugged it into my computer and when I powered off I got the red light. My computer no longer recognizes the device when its plugged into the USB. I also used a paper clip to hit the reset button but that didn't solve the problem.

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
dcoopthecoop is offline Find More Posts by dcoopthecoop
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:03 AM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoopthecoop View Post
I've had my camera for two weeks and have not been able to use it yet. I tried to use it today but when i turned on the power button i got a yellow light. I thought I might have a low battery or something so i plugged it into my computer and when I powered off I got the red light. My computer no longer recognizes the device when its plugged into the USB. I also used a paper clip to hit the reset button but that didn't solve the problem.

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
Coop,
this is the normal behavior for these cameras.
according to the FAQ (first few posts of this thread) when you turn on your camera, you will see a yellow light. a short press of the record button with make that yellow light flash a few times and then turn off. this indicates that it is recording.

here is no low battery warning (other than the annoying buzz we get in our videos) on these cameras.

when you plug in your camera to your computer, a red light will come on, indicating that it is charging. when the red light goes off, your charging is complete.

If you would like to access your memory card- plug the camera into you computer, then hold the power button. this turns on the camera so you can access the memory card. I'm not sure why the camera was designed that way, but that's the way it is.

Please read the FAQ at the beginning of this thread...

Cheers,
Brian
TooSLow2Care is offline Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:51 AM
Joined Sep 2011
679 Posts
Quote:
There is something strange going on with your USB connection. The camera WILL charge from a standard USB connection with a standard USB cable... it just cannot also record at the same time. And it will use the camera's built-in lipo charge control IC. When you use the car charger cable, you bypass the special charging IC and connect directly in parallel with the battery. For charging, it is much better and safer to use a standard USB cable!
Yeah. Sorry if I typed it wrong. What I meant was for people that had the same problem as me - not taking a charge over standard USB (light never goes off) you can try the special USB cable for charging if you don't want to send it back to the seller
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:11 AM
Joined Aug 2009
103 Posts
low temperatures shortened battery life from 30 to approx 10 minutes so I'm seriously thinking about getting power from the aircraft battery.

"Mountain Dew" ;) (6 min 17 sec)
cholo is offline Find More Posts by cholo
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:46 AM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
I heard about theses cameras recently and ordered one from eletoponline365
which arrived safely in UK although it took a little longer than expected to arrive. Since then I have been in touch with the seller for help and advice and can say that their after sales service is very good. very little delay in giving a reply.
I do have a query, so far i can only access anything I record by removing the sd card and plugging directly into the computer. There is no response, except to charge the battery, if I plug in the USB cable. I expect that I still have not understood all the setting up to be done so please direct me to a simple explaination of what i need to do. my computer is operating on windows 7
Howard
bdpilot is offline Find More Posts by bdpilot
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpilot View Post
I heard about theses cameras recently and ordered one from eletoponline365
which arrived safely in UK although it took a little longer than expected to arrive. Since then I have been in touch with the seller for help and advice and can say that their after sales service is very good. very little delay in giving a reply.
I do have a query, so far i can only access anything I record by removing the sd card and plugging directly into the computer. There is no response, except to charge the battery, if I plug in the USB cable. I expect that I still have not understood all the setting up to be done so please direct me to a simple explaination of what i need to do. my computer is operating on windows 7
Howard
Please see post #6895, and read FAQ (Posts #1 to #4)
Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Sep 27, 2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: politisization
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:11 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo View Post
low temperatures shortened battery life from 30 to approx 10 minutes so I'm seriously thinking about getting power from the aircraft battery.
Breathtaking - talk about a big sky! .
Pity about the Ski jump/lift Pollution

Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Closed Thread