HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2010, 04:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2 Posts
Question
Falcon X, Syma s105-g

I'm new to all of this. Bought an Air Hog for my son(or so he thought) not to long ago - I hate the dang thing. I can never get it to fly straight.

My father bought me a FalconJet Pro with Gyro. I got to fly it once before giving it to my grandfather. It flew amazingly compared to the Air Hog.

It seems that the Falcon X is an upgrade to the Falcon Jet Pro (or so I'm lead to believe.)

I've read the song sung about the Syma 107 - but I would prefer a blue heli - then I saw an s105 on E-Bay (shipped from Hong Kong) - I liked the look buy it's country of origin scared me.

Has anyone had either the Falcon X or the Syma 105? How do they compare to the Syma 107 or Helizone Firebird?

HELP!
Angry Moogle is offline Find More Posts by Angry Moogle
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:12 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Moogle View Post
I'm new to all of this. Bought an Air Hog for my son(or so he thought) not to long ago - I hate the dang thing. I can never get it to fly straight.

My father bought me a FalconJet Pro with Gyro. I got to fly it once before giving it to my grandfather. It flew amazingly compared to the Air Hog.

It seems that the Falcon X is an upgrade to the Falcon Jet Pro (or so I'm lead to believe.)

I've read the song sung about the Syma 107 - but I would prefer a blue heli - then I saw an s105 on E-Bay (shipped from Hong Kong) - I liked the look buy it's country of origin scared me.

Has anyone had either the Falcon X or the Syma 105? How do they compare to the Syma 107 or Helizone Firebird?

HELP!
Thank goodness you realized that cheap air hogs suck.

I don't have the s105 and i am not sure that it has a gyro so i would not recommend it but i do have the s107 and falcon x and they are both great, s107 easier to fly, hover and land but falcon x is a more powerful model heavier as well and it takes a bit to get used to but is a fun machine once you do, my 8yr old flies it and flies it well even though its a bit harder than a s107. Overall if you can get both get them, if you are beginner go with a s107 though you will get bored with it quicker than a falcon x.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:55 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2 Posts
Thanks for the info. I can only afford one heli at the moment. I like the look of the Falcon X's appearance quite a bit ... but I may opt to spend a little more and pick up the Helizone Firebird.

I'm so torn. But what a cool little thing to be torn over. lol
Angry Moogle is offline Find More Posts by Angry Moogle
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:02 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Moogle View Post
Thanks for the info. I can only afford one heli at the moment. I like the look of the Falcon X's appearance quite a bit ... but I may opt to spend a little more and pick up the Helizone Firebird.

I'm so torn. But what a cool little thing to be torn over. lol
decide by price
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:33 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
The S105g has a gyro...$20 shipped from alibaba.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:12 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
The S105g has a gyro...$20 shipped from alibaba.

how about posting a link to that deal in this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1361941&page=4
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:32 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
I am having a problem that is really confusing me. I recently received my S107 in the mail today but there are two things that are happening. first off the blades only begin to spin when i press up the accelerator and the entire thing will turn off. I have to turn it off and then back on and it will do the same thing every time. Secondly and even more pondering is that when i try to charge, it either of the two ways, The top main blade will start spinning.. I HAVE NO IDEA why! I removed the plastic cover to look at the soldering but i cant really tell if anything is wrong cause ...well i guess im just not that good at that. .. I did move the wires a little bit and will change the speed at which the blade spins... from fast to slow to almost completely still... Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening? I hope someone can help cause ive was really looking forward to it..=(
robmoreno22 is offline Find More Posts by robmoreno22
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:54 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmoreno22 View Post
I am having a problem that is really confusing me. I recently received my S107 in the mail today but there are two things that are happening. first off the blades only begin to spin when i press up the accelerator and the entire thing will turn off. I have to turn it off and then back on and it will do the same thing every time. Secondly and even more pondering is that when i try to charge, it either of the two ways, The top main blade will start spinning.. I HAVE NO IDEA why! I removed the plastic cover to look at the soldering but i cant really tell if anything is wrong cause ...well i guess im just not that good at that. .. I did move the wires a little bit and will change the speed at which the blade spins... from fast to slow to almost completely still... Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening? I hope someone can help cause ive was really looking forward to it..=(
wrong thread, it should have gone here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176146

but it sounds like you have a short somewhere inside the heli cause that is bizzare behavior, as an fyi when you charge the heli it needs to be turned off.