SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2010, 05:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
15 Posts
Discussion
Fly Sky FS-TH9X 9Ch servo wiring

hi everyone! I was building my wing plane and I have kind o finished it(the building part) but I dont understand how to make the servo wiring. I mean, I have got 2 servos for elerons and 1 wire for esc, how should I plug them into the receiver? I gave got a Fly Sky FS-TH9X 9Ch Transmitter and 8 chanel receiver.
I am sorry for the stupid question but I did not find this information on internet.
Thank you a lot for the help.
JetJohny is offline Find More Posts by JetJohny
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:25 PM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
If you're talking about elevons then you use Channels 1 & 2 set Elevon to active and adjust values. mine are ail 1 -100, ail 2 -100, ele 1 -100
radialarm is offline Find More Posts by radialarm
Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:06 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,964 Posts
On the 9X throttle is channel 3. That's where the connector from the ESC goes.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:51 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,038 Posts
If you mean ailerons .... then simplest way is to get a Y lead and plug in the servos to that and then to Ch 1 in the Rx.

You can if you want plug second servo into an aux channel and set up a mix ... but personally I think easiest to do a Y lead.

Any other req'ts such as Elevons, V-tails etc. ... will require mixing an Aux ch.

Might be worth looking here :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

FlySky Radio users group
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:03 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
If you mean ailerons
He referred to his "wing plane" so I assumed elevons.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:15 PM
Joined Oct 2010
15 Posts
to radialarm. Yes, I ment elevons. I just plugged right servo into chanel 1 and left servo to chanel 2, esc to 3. The right one works ok from right stick but left one works from the throttle stick. Also did the elevon values as you said. What value should I input in ele 2 ?
to Daedalus66 Thanks, did so. Throttlle works.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:10 PM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
Sorry, ele 2 100% This is the way my funjet is setup. I don't know why one of yours works with the throttle, unless there's a mix somewhere
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:47 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJohny View Post
to radialarm. Yes, I meant elevons. I just plugged right servo into channel 1 and left servo to channel 2, ESC to 3. The right one works OK from right stick but left one works from the throttle stick. Also did the elevon values as you said. What value should I input in ele 2 ?
to Daedalus66 Thanks, did so. Throttle works.
Let's establish a few basic things. I'm assuming you have a Mode 2 transmitter -- throttle on left stick (it doesn't matter except for purposes of discussion). I'm also assuming that so far you have not programmed any mixing into the transmitter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You have the right wing servo plugged into channel 1, which is controlled by aileron stick input (sideways movement of the right stick). The left wing servo is plugged into channel 2, which should respond to elevator input (up and down movement of the right stick). But you seem to be saying that it responds to sideways movement of the left stick -- rudder control.

You say throttle works correctly. That means the it responds to up and down movement of the left stick.

Please check all this out carefully and correct where necessary. There's something basically inconsistent here and we can't go any further till we know exactly how you have things set up and what is happening.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 11:07 AM
Joined Oct 2010
15 Posts
to Daedalus66
yes I've got a mode 2 transmitter. I did as you told me, everything works till this moment. I mean when I move right stick sideways it moves right wing servo and right stick up-down moves left servo. I tried to mix them in elevon menu, I put 100 to all values. But what I get is : when I move elevator stick both servos move in oposite directions (1 up another down and viceversa), when I move aileron stick to left the right servo moves down and left up but when I try to move the stick to left nothing happens.
I say right servo or left when I look in the direction tal-nose.
Thank you a lot for your time and effort
Old Jan 01, 2011, 11:28 AM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
John, watch out for the -/+ percentages. I didn't put the + sign in front, but I did use the - sign.

I have Right AIL on CH1, Left AIL CH2

ELEVON menu:
State ACT
AIL 1 -100 -100
AIL 2 -100 -100
ELE 1 -100
ELE 2 +100
No mixes Active. Only throttle reversed.

Looking at the plane from behind:
Move right stick right (left ail moves down, right ail moves up)
Move right stick left(left ail moves up, right ail moves down)
Move right stick up(both ail move down)
Move right stick down(both ail move up)

If this is not the way yours are moving change the settings from - to +, and + to -

Check to make sure you have no programmed mixes active. Also if you have nothing plugged into CH4 then there should be no movement of any control surfaces when you move the throttle unless there is a mix programmed to channel 3.

This does assume you have your plane setup as ACRO(plane) and not something else.
Last edited by radialarm; Jan 02, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2010
15 Posts
to radialarm
I tried to do as you said. I checked, no mixes, just throtlle reversed. I plaid with the +/- values on elevons. But unfortunately that did not help till the end.
1) When I put -100 -100 -100 100 to elevons. I move: right stick right- ailerons move ok. right stick left- no movement at all(can not figure out why, no mixes, everything is clear), right stick up - both move up, right stick down - both move down.
2) When I change values 100 100 100 -100 at elevons menu. This time when I move : right stick right: right servo down , left up, right stick left- no movement again, and up down is ok.
As you see I can not setup them according to the +/- values. I am so confused, and dont know what to do. And also which could be the cause of non movement of servos when moving the right stick to left?
Old Jan 02, 2011, 10:38 AM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
John, I duplicated your problem. It's my fault for not explaining it correctly. In "ELEVON" there are two values for AIL 1 and AIL 2. Both values must match. One value changes easily, but to change the other value you have to hold the stick to one side or the other. I have corrected the post above to reflect the correct values. You will still have to change the +/- values to match your servo arrangement, as it sounds like yours are oppisite the arrangement on my Funjet. Sorry for the misinformation.
Last edited by radialarm; Jan 02, 2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: D'uh!
Old Jan 02, 2011, 02:02 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,964 Posts
It looks as though you are on the right track now.

Just wondering why "throttle reversed"?
Old Jan 02, 2011, 02:53 PM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
It looks as though you are on the right track now.

Just wondering why "throttle reversed"?
I think the 9X is some sort of Futaba clone, because I have had to reverse the throttle on all my aircraft. I like to have the throttle off in the down position.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 04:30 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radialarm View Post
I think the 9X is some sort of Futaba clone, because I have had to reverse the throttle on all my aircraft. I like to have the throttle off in the down position.
I see what you mean.