HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:28 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
Got the numen 809 from bob and in short this is a heli built for a total beginner even more so than s107. Here is a brief overview in comparison to s107R5:

809 is the same length as s107 but fatter and heavier and it seems to use parts like fins and blade connectors out of metal that weigh it down even more. The main blades are surprisingly a bit smaller than on s107 and the rear motor housing is quite beefy looking not because of a beefier motor inside but for stronger protection of it, there are even 4 screws just for the rear motor housing that add more weight. The canopy looks like s107 but is not the same size but somewhat larger especially how wide it is. I didn't weigh it cause I dont have a scale but it feels heavier than s107. And i didn't open up the canopy to look inside.

It came with extra set of blades, rear prop and a charger similar to s107 but in blue color, it charged up in about 10 min out of the box. Turned it on and disco lights started gave it a bit of trim and fired it up, sounded relatively quiet and smooth but is very slow in forward, slower than stock s107, it feels like a tank and is not jumpy at all, it was obviously built for total beginners as its incredibly easy to fly easier than s107 especially on landings, you can pinpoint the landing with this thing to the dot literally.

Flew it two times around 3-4 minutes and it seems to lose a lot of lift power at that point but it charges in around 20 min after that much flight and considering that its suppose to be a 180mah im surprised that is the case but haven't verified below the hood yet.

Overall I am disappointed at the performance of the 809 since i was expecting something more than it gives and I think i am going to gift this one to someone cause it will make a great gift for a noob as its so easy to fly.

I'm just wondering if it is getting a full charge when the LED indicator changes, maybe the charge rate is conservative, I wonder if you left it on the charger longer, will it trickle more charge into the pack. When you get a chance, can you check the voltage with a multimeter after you take it off of the charger.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:37 PM
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Got the numen 809 from bob and in short this is a heli built for a total beginner even more so than s107. Here is a brief overview in comparison to s107R5:

809 is the same length as s107 but fatter and heavier and it seems to use parts like fins and blade connectors out of metal that weigh it down even more. The main blades are surprisingly a bit smaller than on s107 and the rear motor housing is quite beefy looking not because of a beefier motor inside but for stronger protection of it, there are even 4 screws just for the rear motor housing that add more weight. The canopy looks like s107 but is not the same size but somewhat larger especially how wide it is. I didn't weigh it cause I dont have a scale but it feels heavier than s107. And i didn't open up the canopy to look inside.

It came with extra set of blades, rear prop and a charger similar to s107 but in blue color, it charged up in about 10 min out of the box. Turned it on and disco lights started gave it a bit of trim and fired it up, sounded relatively quiet and smooth but is very slow in forward, slower than stock s107, it feels like a tank and is not jumpy at all, it was obviously built for total beginners as its incredibly easy to fly easier than s107 especially on landings, you can pinpoint the landing with this thing to the dot literally.

Flew it two times around 3-4 minutes and it seems to lose a lot of lift power at that point but it charges in around 20 min after that much flight and considering that its suppose to be a 180mah im surprised that is the case but haven't verified below the hood yet.

Overall I am disappointed at the performance of the 809 since i was expecting something more than it gives and I think i am going to gift this one to someone cause it will make a great gift for a noob as its so easy to fly.
Hmmm...I received my 809 from BOB today too. I thought it's better than my S107, at lease it doesn't swing when moving forward/backward like S107.
micuyen is offline Find More Posts by micuyen
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
hmmmmmmm. one thumb up and one thumb down, now I can't wait to get my Numen 809.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:42 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen View Post
Hmmm...I received my 809 from BOB today too. I thought it's better than my S107, at lease it doesn't swing when moving forward/backward like S107.

What about your flight duration? Were you be able to fly 5 minutes and still have power left at the end of the flight?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
What about your flight duration? Were you be able to fly 5 minutes and still have power left at the end of the flight?
I believed the flight duration is great. I flight it, my sons flight it so total, I would say is about 10min. Oh, the controller can turn light off/on...that is a plus.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:50 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
I'm just wondering if it is getting a full charge when the LED indicator changes, maybe the charge rate is conservative, I wonder if you left it on the charger longer, will it trickle more charge into the pack. When you get a chance, can you check the voltage with a multimeter after you take it off of the charger.
donno will probably have to go to frys for a voltmeter but regardless it still has enough power in the first couple of minutes to see what kind of flyer it is, i am curious what you will think when you get it but this thing would have been good as my first, now i expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen View Post

true it doesnt swing at all and is solid in that area but thats because its heavier and probably designed for 1st time fliers thats just the feeling i get... are you able to fly full 5 min and still have solid lift power?
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:00 AM
Joined Dec 2010
61 Posts
Quote:
true it doesnt swing at all and is solid in that area but thats because its heavier and probably designed for 1st time fliers thats just the feeling i get... are you able to fly full 5 min and still have solid lift power?
Honestly I didn't look at the time so I was just guessing around 8-10min since me and my 2 sons take turn flight it.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:02 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Probably does have a 180 mAh battery if it's heavier than an S107. At least it sounds like the battery has a protection circuit board on it.

Maybe you got a bum unit since micuyen's seems to fly for quite a while. Will have to see what others say about their No. 809s when they show up.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:29 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Well, it looks like nancy Qin FENG is back from her honeymoon. Just got a ship notice on the Falcon 8913 from her, although she ignored my cancel request for exceeding the 5 day processing time. Also the item is no longer available!
nysom is offline Find More Posts by nysom
Last edited by nysom; Jan 11, 2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:33 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
Well, it looks like nancy Qin FENG is back from her honeymoon. Just got a ship notice on the Falcon 8913 from her, although she she ignored my cancel request for exceeding the 5 day processing time.
Hmm, seems a little sketchy but I guess everyone is entitled to a week off ... Does your Tracking number work?
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:00 AM
perpetual noob
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeros View Post
Please let me know what you think of it. Maybe I am doing something wrong or something is bad on mine, but all it seems to do is spin. If I try to move forward i can never get it top go straight.
L&T lied. There are none left. They canceled my order and refunded me.

Oh well. I guess I'm off to find a 6010.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Bon apetit pokey:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3CH-STEEL-STRUCT...#ht_3757wt_905
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:33 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
Hmm, seems a little sketchy but I guess everyone is entitled to a week off ... Does your Tracking number work?
Not yet, maybe a few days. With hobbyking it sometimes took 5 or 6 days before it would show anything. That's why I am so suspicious for the sunning Tan number as it not only showed right away but also within hours of placing my order.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:41 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Jan 2008
200 Posts
pokey here's on under 25

http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Phantom-Met...item3cb4070fe9
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:44 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysom View Post
Yes but the feedbacks are also important!
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz